Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Intense server lag earlier today on the US beta servers (4, 5, and 6 IIRC).

Great fun playing the mod though. Gets better and better. A guide detailing the UI would be nice.

Dayz has no future with Arma 2, on the release of Arma 3 then we'll see some sales boost :)

I wouldn't say no future, A3 is still at least half a year away, porting will take time. Hundreds of new Arma owners now.

I really like the zombie spawning system, its very transparent, there are zombies wherever you go. Also players... its interesting that 40 players are enough for encounters. One thing I dislike is that almost everybody will kill you on sight, saying "I'm friendly" is a very ugly joke. I hope there will be some incentives for players to cooperate. Otherwise its DM with zombies. Or maybe you just need some RL friends.

Sorry but the Zombie-spawn triggers need some work!! From a certain distance you see none of them and within a certain range they suddenly spawn/blob all around.... or the trigger isn't working at all. Another big problem is that the time is not synced for all players so some are playing in bright daylight while others trying to survive/fight in the darkness of the night.

@NoRailgunner, yes I know what you mean, but they never just pop out of thin air, it always looks like come out from obscured places.

@NoRailgunner, yes I know what you mean, but they never just pop out of thin air, it always looks like come out from obscured places.

You play enough and u start seeing when they just magically appear from thin air and if u are unlucky they appear right next to u.

But yeah there seems to be something fishy with the way the Zs spawn. Sometimes u can wander in a city for ages without a single Z and all of a suddenly they start appearing out of nowhere. But an alpha is an alpha is an alpha.

Anyone else had problems running this with BAF installed?

I get instantly kicked if I have BAF running when I try to join a server. Problem is, BAF runs as part of CO? Anyone got a fix?

I've had to uninstall BAF completely to be able to play the mod which is annoying.

You could rename the baf folder temporary before joining. But otherwise it sounds like your baf install is incorrect, unless DayZ has custom code that checks for BAF, you should not get kicked due to signature protection as the signatures are bi sigs.

^ same thing is happening to guys in my squad.

Anyone else had problems running this with BAF installed?

I get instantly kicked if I have BAF running when I try to join a server. Problem is, BAF runs as part of CO? Anyone got a fix?

I've had to uninstall BAF completely to be able to play the mod which is annoying.

I had a similar problem with PMC i just purchased. Since i installed it after i applied the 1.60 patch it was an older version. I reapplied the patch and now it works just fine.

I had a similar problem with PMC i just purchased. Since i installed it after i applied the 1.60 patch it was an older version. I reapplied the patch and now it works just fine.

I'll try this then, cheers!

Edit: This fixed it for me, thanks mate!

Edited by azz_er

Why does it bitch about BAF addon signs when I don't even start the game with BAF enabled? I cant join any servers.

I did this and now it doesnt complain about BAF, instead it says I dont have the mod installed when joining a server. But I have @DayZ selected in alpinestars ArmA II launcher mods so why does it say so?

Edited by Leopardi

The zombie and item spawns seem strange atm. Like when a server crashes or you gotta disconnect inside a loot/Z spawn location, and reconnect there, there is nothing not even trash. Camper countermeasure maybe = good. But then the zombies spawn all around and still you got no loot inside - quite awkward. Especially if you hoped to restock on ammo there. But I guess that's life ;-)

Has anyone died around the huey? I found one just now, went up to it and found in my action menu "Save Huey", but it didn't seem to do anything. Got in as gunner to see if the gun is even operational and instantly died and now lost all my stuff and shoved back to the beach. I'm pretty pissed, especially considering how far I ran for hours none-stop and all my gear just to get insta-killed by the huey. Nothing I can do about it, but was just curious if anyone else ended up doing the same thing? :\

Has anyone died around the huey? I found one just now, went up to it and found in my action menu "Save Huey", but it didn't seem to do anything. Got in as gunner to see if the gun is even operational and instantly died and now lost all my stuff and shoved back to the beach. I'm pretty pissed, especially considering how far I ran for hours none-stop and all my gear just to get insta-killed by the huey. Nothing I can do about it, but was just curious if anyone else ended up doing the same thing? :\

The "Save <vehicle>" Option forces a save to the database for that vehicle.

How do I get this working? I did exactly by this instruction

, added -mod=@DayZ, it shows activated, but when I join a server it says missing dayz content.

ddddlou.png

dsdfsdf.png

Edited by Leopardi

Are you sure you downloaded ALL the files and have checked that they are the correct version?

yes I just downloaded all files from the official place. It's just not loading the mod at all I guess.

Refilling Bottles on ponds really needs to be fixed...Since you need to go swimming for that You can loose all your gear...just happened to me when the server shut down and you have dropped your gear to the ground. I hate this.

Leopardi, you gotta put the files in a subfolder called Addons (@DayZ\Addons\).

Seems it's becoming more PvP than "us vs zombies".In fact I noticed people kill most zombies only to get supplies/ammo to whack other players.Also popularity is a mixed bag,getting the CoD crowd doesn't help.With these trigger happy dudes it's best to play with some friends if you want to team up.

Don't get me wrong,PvP is ok but some penalties for bandits should be implemented for this mod.Not my idea of fun when some dude is camping an airfield with his Cz550 for two fucking hours or places with nice loot while you're armed with that popgun Makarov.

Btw guys what's your favourite setup?

Mine is revolver/M1911 for sidearm,my trusty Winchester 1866 for house clearing and if I'm lucky with an Alice pack I store up an Ak with 2-3 clips.

Primary CZ550 for camping airfields and hunting boars at pobeda, secondary AK-74 for cleaning up the ATC building and sidearm M1911.

Don't get me wrong,PvP is ok but some penalties for bandits should be implemented for this mod.Not my idea of fun when some dude is camping an airfield with his Cz550 for two fucking hours or places with nice loot while you're armed with that popgun Makarov.

Perhaps there could also be some positive incentive to not kill other players that much. Something that encourages ppl to interact with words and not with bullets straight away. Something that creates a naturally occurring positive feedback loop instead of the current negative spiral of "shoot first, just in case"-cycle. Idk what that could be though. And the feature should still work even if "bad guys" try form groups to avoid this feature. On the other hand it should not totally eradicate the PvP aspect just keep it under control.