Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Select the server in the other timezone. Ping up to 200ms is not critical in ArmA2.

Or use flares if you need light. You can carry them in hands and light up the area around you.

Although I think 1:4 time ratio would've been optimal. I (and I'm sure many others) miss seeing the sun go down and realizing that dangerous night comes and then seeing how the dawn breaks.

It's impossible now unless you stick around for what? 12 hours straight?

+1

to me its TOO realistic. the day and night cycles should be in real time IMO.

+1

The time-scale at the moment is crazy. I get that it's realistic, but whenever there's a local server for Aus/NZ, I'm playing in the night, and when I jump on the US servers, they're in the night as well... I've seen day-time once! ONCE.

Also, would you consider, at some point, allowing private use of the this mod, i.e. at a LAN party? It'd be a perfect cooperative game for my group.

You just pulled out another strange thing, since when is ocean water sweet water?

So we have to assume that the green sea is a sweet water ocean?

Yeah, ideally we would get the ponds and wells fixed and make the ocean undrinkable. Or better yet, allow us to boil saltwater!

Hello, I got killed by someone recently. Rejoined and now I am stuck on hour glass, I can't write or do anything ingame. To quit I have to ALT + F4. I've tried other servers, same happens on all of them. Any solution to fix this? I even tried changing my profile name from [KLUT] Xtri to Xtri but it didn't work.

Any solutions?

Picture:

http://i.imgur.com/hPHRE.jpg

[NEW] Players no longer consume food/water offline BUT can still become starving offline (just eat when you login) P.S. you guys are pussies

We love you too, Rocket.

This is ridiculously awesome. Best 6 hours of gaming i had in a long while, and i didnt even die once. :D

IMHO murders need a more appropriate penalty.

In RL we avoid opening fire on our fellow man because (among other reasons) there's a very real possibility it will bring about the end of our own life in which case there are no second chances. In a game however you can just respawn and keep griefing for cheap lulz. I would propose that for each murder (an unforgiven or unsanctioned player kill) the murderer is cumulatively prevented from re-joining a Day Z server for 12 or 24 hours per-murder if they themselves should then die. In that way they *can* murder without incurring artificial penalties within the game but the jeopardy is high, go on a spree and you may not be playing Day Z for a week if you slip up. Each day they remain alive one of those murders is discounted. This would help server congestion and at the same cultivate a much more co-operative player population because the penalty mimics real life. I would suggest this should entail a forgive system in case of accidents amongst friends and that killing a player with current murders on their record should not count as a murder for you.

As much as I like this mod, I really hate the 'lone-wolf' feeling. Especially with the amount of senseless murdering involved without penalty. Admittedly this is supposed to represent an 'end of days' like scenario where there will be no doubt; be some folks hell bent on killing everyone, but at the same time a lot of us who enjoy Zombie based scenarios like to look at them as a chance for group survival and a banding together of folks to survive. Perhaps some sort of buddy up system could be available so that you can join up with friends or some other means of making it more attractive to be in groups. A couple of times I've come on with a few buddies and spent hours dodging murder-bent idiots and brain hungry zombies and so far have never found my friends on the map. Making my time playing Z to be a lonely and not so great experience (I simply cannot enjoy PvP).

Perhaps in the future there could be a version created that doesn't rely on the central data-base idea that might allow mission builders to create a more co-operative game. That way the 'lone survivors' can have their fun, while those of us who believe that adversary creates better co-operation will both be able to enjoy this excellent piece of work.

Yes, I agree.

As Rocket said, there should be free pvp in the game, it's realistic and it makes sense in a zombie apocalypse. BUT the consequences for killing should be bigger than right now. A different skin isn't enough, lots of people are playing just killing everyone they see just for fun/troll/grief, not "to survive".

This is ridiculously awesome.

+1

This mod is brilliant. Best thing that happened to Arma since ACE 2+ACRE+JSRS+Blastcore kombo. I'm hoping for it's reappearance in Arma 3! I would gladly pay for Arma 3 DLC like this. Just make it bigger, better and bugless.

Thank You Rocket! You rock Man! :clap:

In RL we avoid opening fire on our fellow man because (among other reasons) there's a very real possibility it will bring about the end of our own life in which case there are no second chances. In a game however you can just respawn and keep griefing for cheap lulz. I would propose that for each murder (an unforgiven or unsanctioned player kill) the murderer is cumulatively prevented from re-joining a Day Z server for 12 or 24 hours per-murder if they themselves should then die. In that way they *can* murder without incurring artificial penalties within the game but the jeopardy is high, go on a spree and you may not be playing Day Z for a week if you slip up. Each day they remain alive one of those murders is discounted. This would help server congestion and at the same cultivate a much more co-operative player population because the penalty mimics real life. I would suggest this should entail a forgive system in case of accidents amongst friends and that killing a player with current murders on their record should not count as a murder for you.

i would absolutly agree !! if thats in pll would play more together and help each other. would also be great to have a "player-controlled" save area. some kind a medic-rescue camp. BUT the medic and bloodstuff has to be made by player. that mean´s to get blood, pll have to spend blood ;) (of course you dont loose at spending no own blood) this would enhance more coop play.

I would like to see a marker on the map with a timestamp on the postion of the murderer at the point he shot someone, as it would give other players the option to hunt them in some way, while still allowing some decent pvp possibilities.

omg if you connect with old version you are fast in game, but if you have new it is so slow.

I like this mod!

sry for my eng

I walked many-many kilometers due to an a$$ murderer but..i say LEAVE IT AS IS!.

Murderers are also working as teams/having different aspect of seeing the "apocalypse" situation.

Those suckers have same rights as you.

This is simulation after all. (although of a fictional scenario)

the timestamp idea is a bad one IMHO. There is no magical map that will magically inscribe a murder and location on the map!

Penalizing murderers is also a bad idea. In a zombie Apocalypse, law enforcement and the judicial system would quickly crumble. Money would lose value almost instantly. Law enforcement and military would quickly dissipate. I'm in the army and if I was given the choice of guarding a bridge, or securing my homestead and finding food for my family which do you think I would choose? There wouldn't be any mad max character going around enforcing martial law. It would be every man for himself. And i'm sorry if my Wife and 3 year old daughter where crying and haven't eaten for 3 days, and I come across a Farmer who is hold up in a barn with a bunch of cows.... Guess what, i'm going to shoot him, take his food, gas, water, whatever and keep my family alive. It sounds cruel but if that's what you have to do to survive, then so be it!

Side chat,command channel, global, and group chats need to go. Make direct the ONLY available channel, hide the rest. Spawn radios or cell phones in random locations, and if players find them, they can try and Communicate long range. I know this can be done, because it has been implemented in Zargabad life. Along with putting your hands up, and holstering your pistol.

Dean, you should implement this system, it's the only thing this mod lacks!

I don't care about the (player connected) messages. but the side channels are a game breaker for me. Even when I mute the voip people still obtain magical information, like "who is in Chernogorsk? " or "Stay away from Berezino, there's snipers there! "

direct should be only means of communication until player finds a cell phone or radio.

No, just no. Please keep the mod's gameplay as gritty and its atmosphere as dystopic as possible. I noticed that many bandits seem to have no trouble teaming up with each other, whereas many "regular" survivors tend to do this on their own and end up as "lone wolves". This behaviour should be punished by standing less of a chance - and the mod excels at punishing people that don't find a group quickly.

Right now the mod is going through a particularly intense "pvp phase" as the direct talk / Direct Communications channel is not working most of the time, so it is a lot harder to establish friendly contacts.

Other than that everything is quite fine, please don't create artificial restrictions just because it is too rough for some people. There's always Chernarus Life for different tastes.

No, just no. Please keep the mod's gameplay as gritty and its atmosphere as dystopic as possible. I noticed that many bandits seem to have no trouble teaming up with each other, whereas many "regular" survivors tend to do this on their own and end up as "lone wolves". This behaviour should be punished by standing less of a chance - and the mod excels at punishing people that don't find a group quickly.

Right now the mod is going through a particularly intense "pvp phase" as the direct talk / Direct Communications channel is not working most of the time, so it is a lot harder to establish friendly contacts.

Other than that everything is quite fine, please don't create artificial restrictions just because it is too rough for some people. There's always Chernarus Life for different tastes.

I agree 100%.

"P.S. you guys are pussies" - as quoted from recent change log. I would have to agree. Finally a game mode where you have to think and plan a little and so many people already want to dumb it down.

This thing has exploded in popularity, this is basically the mainstream break ArmA II has been looking for in ages.

I swear, if BI picks this up and runs with it as a full fledged official supported mod / DLC for either ArmA II or ArmA 3, they will see a metric ton of sales.

I agree 100%.

"P.S. you guys are pussies" - as quoted from recent change log. I would have to agree. Finally a game mode where you have to think and plan a little and so many people already want to dumb it down.

You mean a game mode where university final exams and difficult weeks at the office can make zombie apocalypse survivors die of thirst?

You mean a game mode where university final exams and difficult weeks at the office can make zombie apocalypse survivors die of thirst?

looooooooolzz :D

Yes..i think the gamemode in THAT aspect must retain it's flexibility.

After all..we still got REAL families to feed ;)

After all..we still got REAL families to feed ;)

Only the pussies, apparently. :p

Hunt down cows they said.

Eat cows they said.

Infected cow bite my ass.

I am a Lone Wolf and I have found that Lone Wolfs are often very respectful toward each other.

Just another element you poorpussysticktogetherforsafty people will have to deal with.:couch:

Add more zombie in forests and also zombie goats !

YEA!!..

Also :

Zombie flies/Zombie ants/Zombie plants/Zombie crows/Zombie admins etc-etc-etc..