Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Beta patch does not play nice with JayArma2Lib, named pipes and all. So that's out of the question unless Jay releases one for the patch... or someone has the source ;)

The beta patches since build 87662 should play very nice with JayArma2lib, but not with the old and deprecated dsound.dll,

but with the new jayarma2extension.dll callExtension which should work for every new beta.

dsound.dll must be removed when using the callExtension.

to make fire is bugged. On every server i get only one chance (i see the action in the menu) - when i do it, afterwards there is no fire (i did it on nearly every sort of ground) - and the action is gone.

its not buged. that how fireplaces work. you make a fireplace. then you need to look at it and get the action "light fire"

also to remove the fire you need to look at at the fireplace so you can get the action "remove fireplace" after the fire is put out.

So should clients run DayZ with the recent beta patch or not?

The beta patches since build 87662 should play very nice with JayArma2lib, but not with the old and deprecated dsound.dll,

but with the new jayarma2extension.dll callExtension which should work for every new beta.

dsound.dll must be removed when using the callExtension.

Right, will note and give a try.

I knew what I was doing, as I said in Stary Sobor you are quite safe up top in the shed. However even when I sniped a zombie close by with my cz, zombies from what seemed across the other side of the town came sprinting over to me.

You didn't know what you were doing then. CZ is one of the loudest weapons. Don't EVER fire one of those in a city. Use small caliber weapons, which won't attract faraway Zeds, only some that are close enough to hear it.

About the fireplace: it is only bugged a bit. It is placed not in front of you, but a bit further, you need to look for it in a 5-10m radius. You'll have to have matches to be able to light it.

we need more EU servers. both EU r full and on FR1 and FR2 i always get stuck at receiving data and "waiting for server response". many other players in lobby experiencing this as well.

i dont understand how others were able to play and enjoy this for hours or even days. theres so much server disconnects,updates,full servers,ingame bugs... and when theres finally nothing like that u get a bullet from a bandit in your head... sigh

waiting for beta status or 1.0...

we need more EU servers. both EU r full and on FR1 and FR2 i always get stuck at receiving data and "waiting for server response". many other players in lobby experiencing this as well.

i dont understand how others were able to play and enjoy this for hours or even days. theres so much server disconnects,updates,full servers,ingame bugs... and when theres finally nothing like that u get a bullet from a bandit in your head... sigh

waiting for beta status or 1.0...

I don't think any beta or v1.0 will solve your problems. :nono:

The servers are not funded by BIS so..you can contribute by funding 1 for the EU community/and lots of people will be grateful.

Now..as for the "taking bandit's bullet in the head"..you need more luck (important) and alternative paths to go

on your destination/and maybe some more 'combat skills'

You didn't get my point.

I knew what I was doing, as I said in Stary Sobor you are quite safe up top in the shed. However even when I sniped a zombie close by with my cz, zombies from what seemed across the other side of the town came sprinting over to me. there would have been a good 30 or so. It's over the top.

Whether you think there may only be a few zombies nearby that you could handle, even being spotted (let alone shooting) by one can arouse several more. You say there's no use in shooting zombies, which is ridiculous. Do you just pointlessly stealth your way in every town and grab whatever loot you can to pvp with or just kill other players and take their loot? Why shouldn't it be reasonable to go and clear a town of zombies without the risk of being swarmed. If you're idea of the play style in this mod is not to kill zombies.... why play? You can also pvp in warfare you know, but I'd like to hunt zombies and pvp in dayz.

Anyway I wasn't talking about cities, Stary Sobor is a large town if that. Even the small coastal towns have a large populace of zombies. And because they're all so tightly packed once you agro one, you've agroed several.

You still don't get it, if you know that zombies are around, and you shoot your gun, they WILL react to the noise... A gun shot can echo miles away, and they will react to that, have you ever watched zombie movies/series? Towns are a huge hazard to go, they can mob you in a instant.

Is there some kind of disable user input command on death? Because its really frustrating, getting stuck at the "You Are Dead" screen, have to alt-tab and dump my game. Which often then means you loose your space in a full server.

Quite annoying.

Is there some kind of disable user input command on death? Because its really frustrating, getting stuck at the "You Are Dead" screen, have to alt-tab and dump my game. Which often then means you loose your space in a full server.

Quite annoying.

I agree, it is quite annoying. What's more is it tells you to go to a character selection screen to continue, but no amount of keyboard mashing has gotten me there.

I agree, it is quite annoying. What's more is it tells you to go to a character selection screen to continue, but no amount of keyboard mashing has gotten me there.

THIS +10.

Most annoying bug to date. Should be top of list to fix on next patch.

BTW is there any explanation on why vehicles were taken out?

This game already doesn't have side missions, and hunting people gets boring fast. At least if vehicles were put back in we would have something to do...

best gameplay i had for years! teaming up with cool guys! You need to trust others and they you - thats so awesome! Raid cities in teams

BTW is there any explanation on why vehicles were taken out?

AFAIK, they were taken out while looking for the bug causing the "Waiting for Server Response/Retrieving Character Data" screen of death. I expect them to be back soon.

btw, does the official forum of the project work for everybody but me?

The official website and forum has always been a bit sketchy, probably due to so many connections. Now I'm getting a prompt for a login in and password and the ones I have for the forums aren't working. Maybe it's down for maintenance? http://www.dayzmod.com

The official website and forum has always been a bit sketchy, probably due to so many connections. Now I'm getting a prompt for a login in and password and the ones I have for the forums aren't working. Maybe it's down for maintenance? http://www.dayzmod.com

Yeah, I haven't been able to open up the site as well. Guess it's a maintenance.

Anyone else having issues logging in to the game? I get stuck at "Waiting for Server Response".

Quite annoying.

Well yes it is, but I can understand why its there. To make you dread being killed ...... hence you'll REALLY work harder to stay alive ingame.

Plus I guess it reduces the number of exploits that may arise by constantly killing yourself (?) then reconnecting to the server.

Just had my first big play session in the game, went to the nearest town, met up with a guy, than suddenly out of no where zombies spawned around us, we managed to get on a roof and waited out a bit, searched through a town where i managed to find allot of good stuff, map, food, a winchester rifle, compass, combat knife, watch, chemlights, matches, when me and the dude travelled to Cherno, some idiot with a revolver was randomly shooting at us... Dead, everything lost... And because we get stuck at the death screen, i had to alt-tab and quit and did not want to continue now. :(

The disabled input was actually caused by selectNoPlayer.

1.5 is in final testing now. Its a bugfix build with some minor new things to do.

i have been playing this mod for 4-5 times for now but finally now I didn't got killed by some freak bastard and find fine guy to play with. but we are getting issues with communication while playing becouse direct comm is disabled. its only NY(don't know number) server where u cant use direct comm or the others too?

1.5 is released, all the servers transferred to 1.5, but Six Updater don't seem to have it up yet. And seeing the Dayzmod.com website download link is hosting stuff that i don't identify with the full mod. It seems i have to wait till six updater has got the latest version.

Just had my first big play session in the game, went to the nearest town, met up with a guy, than suddenly out of no where zombies spawned around us, we managed to get on a roof and waited out a bit, searched through a town where i managed to find allot of good stuff, map, food, a winchester rifle, compass, combat knife, watch, chemlights, matches, when me and the dude travelled to Cherno, some idiot with a revolver was randomly shooting at us... Dead, everything lost... And because we get stuck at the death screen, i had to alt-tab and quit and did not want to continue now. :(
Tip...NEVER go back to chernogorsk or Elekro Area once you got out...every good Zombie Plan is about gettign the hell out of cities simply because of Zombies and Freaks that kill for Baked Beans....you probably got shoot for showing your new gear.