Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Could be i god ide to move the mod away from the virus/trojan heaven that is media fire. Its not that kind of infection im serching fore!

Keep having problems with 'Requesting Character data from server' with v1.4.17

Can't really get in the game.

*edit: got in a server, might have been a sever issue

Edited by dunnobe

Could be i god ide to move the mod away from the virus/trojan heaven that is media fire. Its not that kind of infection im serching fore!

Not sure but MediaFire seems to be a genuine company, quality website and hosting. Haven't had any problems with downloading Dayz, or noticed any of the virus/trojan heaven that you describe.

The equipement file on Dayzmod.com seem to be currupted ...............

Another source?

Just wanted to say this is a great mod and I'm having a blast playing it with friends.

I've been playing ARMA 2 since release and have never explored the map in this much detail. I've discovered locations and buildings - isolated barns etc and love the small attention to detail in some places. It's awesome the way all the restrictions force you to value not only your life but experience real fear when you encouter another player.

The mod forces you into a "wolf pack" mentality. A it's "them or us" way of thinking. The limited vehicles is such a nice touch, please do not change it! Distance is value and time. So you feel isolated most of the time.

All in all I would love to see something like this developed more speciality for ARMA 3. This type of survival mod really suits the gameplay and forces exploration of the vast and detailed arma environment.

I recorded 6hrs of gameplay with me and some friends. I'll upload a longplay video and post it in this thread tonight.

Thanks again guys for all the work,

Andrews

Never been an Arma zombie fan (as melee justs seems so essential) but after reading all of these great and often hilarious posts -I gotta try dis! Download site (mediafire) only seems to show 3 very small files (all under 1 mb) and the the one on the site has insanely slow download speeds... :( Maybe Ill wait a bit.

How are 'murders' determined? If someone open fires on you and you defend yourself is that deemed murder and will you become a Bandit by mere self defense?

Gotta love all the "Im sure I could outrun a Zed in real life" posts :D

Edit: Woops, DL speed is fine from website and have it now.

Edited by froggyluv

its really pure fun. but it just doesnt work very often. since 2 days i could only play 3 times for ca. 1-2 hrs

after the 1.4.12 update me and some friends are all stuck on "Requesting character data from server" :confused:

Gnat;2141292']The equipement file on Dayzmod.com seem to be currupted ...............

Another source?

Use Sixupdater, its much better and you can check for updates daily!

And as some people mentioned, some goals in the future would be nice,we just gotta think of what would happen in real life, or take a look at some zombie movies. The Walking Dead is a good example because that series really show how people would/could survive and live through a zombie apocalypse...

- Maybe a town where survivors can meet up and live in safety, safe from bandits and zombies with a gate. But people have to contribute to the town's defenses, with helping building gates and such.

- And i got thinking, why don't we make the zombies slow like in the classic zombie style? Only make them in bigger groups? Because a group of slow zombies is much scarier than those fast running infected ones.

Edited by Necramonium

why don't we make the zombies slow like in the classic zombie style? Only make them in bigger groups? Because a group of slow zombies is much scarier than those fast running infected ones.

I believe server load was the main reason quoted when this was initially mentioned.

Anyway v1.4.23 - cant do anything once dead - "stuck on the Your Are Dead" screen, can't interect with ArmA at all, cant even esc out have to alt-f4 to desktop...

the newest patch has resolved all the issues with joining a server, it still has a few kinks here and there but that huge bug is now gone.

I gotta say I LOVE it!

Not sure but MediaFire seems to be a genuine company, quality website and hosting. Haven't had any problems with downloading Dayz, or noticed any of the virus/trojan heaven that you describe.

Well my firewall allways finds somthing when i enther that site or i cant find the thing i want to download(just advertisment):confused: But i guess since you support the mod i dont need to go there any more...

Don't know if anybody knows, but the devs are having an interview (with MMORPGSU) as of right now. It's a stream, so I'm not sure it will be available afterward:

LINK:

@ froggyluv...you dont need to kill someone in self defense in DayZ, just knock the guy out till he goes down and leave the place....he will ned time to get up and fix himself long enough. Time to get over the rather crude ArmA "kill to stop an assault" Behaviour there is no spawn and no magic heal in DayZ so you dont have to walk over to someone already unconcious to finish him off.

Edited by Beagle

anyone has server with DayZ using latest 1.61 beta?

Just wanted to say this is a great mod and I'm having a blast playing it with friends.

I recorded 6hrs of gameplay with me and some friends. I'll upload a longplay video and post it in this thread tonight.

Thanks again guys for all the work,

Andrews

for those of you that haven't played the mod and are interested in what it looks like, here's about 40mins of raw in game video. I added some annotations for extra value. This video is a mixture of our RG milsim unit and pubbies on TS last weekend.

Please note: Video contains unedited mature language and theme. This mod gets the blood pumping and you can hear it on TS :)

Should give you an idea :)

Edited by Andrews

From the little that I heard from the interview, an A3 version is already planned. Nice....

Gonna give a shoot o this ASAP.

So how do I go into the character selection screen thing after I die? I've sat there for ages, mashing all the buttons on my keyboard, and nothing happens.

Is there anyway to stop what seems like an entire towns supply of these olympic sprinting zombies from going for you if you shoot one. Example, stary sobor you can at least exploit them in some way by going up top of the big shed and the zombies will walk to you, but cmon I used all my cz ammo (5 clips) and half a glock clip....30 odd zombies! It's mental....if not for that shed I'd be screwed.

Besides I'd be more inclined and much more comfortable approaching towns to look for loot if zombies didn't behave this way.

Is there anyway to stop what seems like an entire towns supply of these olympic sprinting zombies from going for you if you shoot one. Example, stary sobor you can at least exploit them in some way by going up top of the big shed and the zombies will walk to you, but cmon I used all my cz ammo (5 clips) and half a glock clip....30 odd zombies! It's mental....if not for that shed I'd be screwed.

Besides I'd be more inclined and much more comfortable approaching towns to look for loot if zombies didn't behave this way.

Maybe the problm her eis YOUR behavour and you simply have not yet understand how to survive the zombie apocalypse...here's a starter for you

NEVER start to shoot at Zombies when there are more around than you can manage (that's 5 for me for ecample)...you can't run away.

Simply leave them alone.

Onlx altrnatice is using silenced weapons or crossbow for SINGLE zombies that hang around the point you want to loot.

You have NO chance to get alive out of a city when you have the horde chasing you. There is nothign more embarassign as a noob comign to town throwing falres and shotting like mad alertign all zombis in the vincinity while you sneak around them for like 30 min slowly lookign for loot.

Guns dont win the zombie fight, there is no use in shotign zombies because they will always respawn after a few minutes.

Edited by Beagle

anyone has server with DayZ using latest 1.61 beta?

No Dwarden,

Dean was telling me about testing a server with the latest beta which I will be doing with US 1 server as he said you claimed it may have some good improvement performance wise. And hi, i'm the server manager ;)

*Edit*

Beta patch does not play nice with JayArma2Lib, named pipes and all. So that's out of the question unless Jay releases one for the patch... or someone has the source ;)

Edited by Tonic-_-

Maybe the problm her eis YOUR behavour and you simply have not yet understand how to survive the zombie apocalypse...here's a starter for you

NEVER start to shoot at Zombies when there are more around than you can manage (that's 5 for me for ecample)...you can't run away.

Simply leave them alone.

Onlx altrnatice is using silenced weapons or crossbow for SINGLE zombies that hang around the point you want to loot.

You have NO chance to get alive out of a city when you have the horde chasing you. There is nothign more embarassign as a noob comign to town throwing falres and shotting like mad alertign all zombis in the vincinity while you sneak around them for like 30 min slowly lookign for loot.

Guns dont win the zombie fight, there is no use in shotign zombies because they will always respawn after a few minutes.

You didn't get my point.

I knew what I was doing, as I said in Stary Sobor you are quite safe up top in the shed. However even when I sniped a zombie close by with my cz, zombies from what seemed across the other side of the town came sprinting over to me. there would have been a good 30 or so. It's over the top.

Whether you think there may only be a few zombies nearby that you could handle, even being spotted (let alone shooting) by one can arouse several more. You say there's no use in shooting zombies, which is ridiculous. Do you just pointlessly stealth your way in every town and grab whatever loot you can to pvp with or just kill other players and take their loot? Why shouldn't it be reasonable to go and clear a town of zombies without the risk of being swarmed. If you're idea of the play style in this mod is not to kill zombies.... why play? You can also pvp in warfare you know, but I'd like to hunt zombies and pvp in dayz.

Anyway I wasn't talking about cities, Stary Sobor is a large town if that. Even the small coastal towns have a large populace of zombies. And because they're all so tightly packed once you agro one, you've agroed several.

European servers are currently 7 hours behing actual GMT, is that by accident or intended?

@ easyC...cleaning towns is pointless because zombies spawn back after a few minutes, and no I dont need to go to towns anymore, I can make my own supplies, I was pointign that out in my earlieer post that the mission lacks a goal if you hace reached a high amount of specialized survival gear. After killing soem hundreds of Zombies I realized that doing so will just cost you precious rare magazines for no gain at all. You can kill as much zombies as you like, they will still just respawn after 15 minutes. You may have noticed that tzhe actual zombiw count on a server usually goes UP all the time as soon as the server fills up... usually from 200 with 5 players to more than 1300 with 40 Players. You cant do zombie extinction in DayZ currently and thats why wasting ammo on them is futile. As soon as there is a change in this and we can actually make safe zones I would go shoot zombies again but currently theres no sense in it.

Edited by Beagle