Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

I have that problem as well.

Same here, with 1.4.9. I tried restarting, waiting and reconnecting several times but I would always get the loading bar. ArmA seems to freezed then as I can't even exit by alt-f4 and have to kill the process.

btw:

this is the best mp mission I got to play this far :bounce3: .

Edited by Icewindo

I've sat waiting for almost an hour to get into servers, game just sits there on the loading screen and never actually loads.

same here, couldnt join EU servers at all this night

now i got past loading screen, but im stuck at "requesting charakter data from server" - but no biggies - i know its alpha version :)

more frustrating is when u can finally join u have to deal with the annyoing arma inventory - this mod unfortunatley really shows how bad inventory managment is in arma

plus a few other gamestopers:

- when u drop things in buildings they fall through the floor and r gone forwever

- dropped backpacks cant be accesed or repicked, and with the this uncomfortable inventory design u can drop backpacks very easy by fault

- sometimes all sound effects r muted after being injured

- flares and chemlights block vision when carried in hand

the mod is great but imo theres lot of work to do on default arma to make this really enjoyable

Every time i try and get in a server you get the regular OA loading screen, than a error message, either the glasses error, or a weapons error. than the black loading screen comes on, and just stays there... :butbut:

1.4.11 out, hope that helps out.

Just got in the server for the first time using v .11.

Some questions:

--any way to turn off the 'debug monitor?

--do i use mousewheel menu for actions like firstaid?

--where do i look for stuff? I looked around some farms, can't enter building, didn't see anything.

Any advice on getting started would be appreciated..., thx

I updated to 1.4.11, the stuck loading screen is gone, but some of the servers that are up are going banana's, just just sit and look at the Waiting for server response, people talking in the server said they had to wait for 15 minutes and than they only are a bird.... :j:

Yeah, please turn off the debug monitor (or make it toggleable with it off by default).

Some questions:

--where do i look for stuff? I looked around some farms, can't enter building, didn't see anything.

=> no idea

=> yes

=> normal buildings and houses usually give cheap stuff like revolvers, lee enfields, cz hunting rifle etc, bandages, food, drinks, map, compass bla bla bla

Buildings like churches, city halls, fire station, elektro power plant etc have more interesting stuff. Hospitals have medic supplies, you do need to shoot the windows first to get in.

How soon until we can get this Six Updater?

I know it is now but afaik sickboy has to update the repo manually every time a new release is out and no offense to him but he lags behind lol

So I guess my real question is, how soon until DayZ has a custom SU repo which always has the latest versions of the files?

or

Sickboy, how goes the progress on letting people manage their mods on the SU network directly?

Thanks!

It is on six already - so far he has had the new version up on Six a few minutes after release.

Like Jedra wrote i've been keeping it pretty tight, except for when im asleep of course, however for the short-term it could be further improved if I could be pointed to a feed for the updates, or if someone would notify in either thread or e.g SU Support box.

For the longer term, authors being able to manage their own Mods on the official network is absolutely coming,

however, it might take until the next generation SU, scheduled for release in about 6-10 months.

Possibly with a beta somewhat sooner.

Hello Rocket team ;)

O.K. Im playing this for two weeks now at least 4 hours a day, more at weeksends and after "mastering" baked beans robbing, hunting, looting, killing joiners with DMR and NVG (the buggers had no chance), sneaking humans to steal from their rucksacks, giving transfusions, taking transfusions, teaming up, ganging up to 10 men squads, leaving large teams because they draw too much attention, bartering for painkillers in the countryside and crossing the map south to north, west to east and diagonal trying to fix cars...Im questioning myself now...is this already all out there?

Is it not time to introduce a new option like working together to regain some grade of civilisation...Or does the looting just go on that way, because if that is all I better starve out my Char right now. The mission needs some goals apart from hunting and killing zombies or humans for baked beans.

What about getting local power grids to work again to light up at least the larger cities at night for example?

DayZ is loosing it's fascination after two weeks of looting without some other options.

Leaving it all to PvP is no long term motivation making persistant gameplay a joke for baked beans bandits at best.

Im right now thinking about something like the Mad Max II plot and the people there in the fortified refinery defending their little bit of regained civilization against the "horde" of Lord Homungus (The Ayatollah of all Rock & Rolllers) punk warriors.

Btw: the use of more variants of the PMC models would really help to recognize people better.

Edited by Beagle

Some questions:

@about 'debug monitor'

"No because its needed for developers as this is STILL 'alpha version'

@about mousewheel

"Yes..as long you got exactly what you need at your inventory (NOT the backpack)

@about "where do i look"

"ANY enterable building probably has*/or no useful stuff

Requesting Character data from server all time...

a08ce3ec0549.jpg

Lol, thats me, PFC Veld.

And as you can see, also stuck on the gathering character info screen. I think normal arma servers can't seem to handle this mod or something... :confused:

Tried the new version 1.4.11 i think, was able to connect quickly. Thank you for the update.

After the update I also get stuck on the : Requesting Character data from server

Another problem I have since I started playing is the only servers I can connect to is Us 1/2, EU 1/2,and FR1/2

US 3/4 and all the NY severs I get a message about invalid CBA keys, though everything is green in Six updater.

Do the servers use different versions?

After the update I also get stuck on the : Requesting Character data from server

Requesting Character data from server all time...

+1 on every single server. I can't even play at all now.

+1 to Beagel, there needs to be some type of goal, or achievement once you get a good kit and are stable, it gets kinda boring. The only thing that poses any challenge is going to kill other players, which really isn't all the nice or fair. Will there be any base building or territories or overall goals? Ie, build helo fly to LHD or something along those lines.

During the first half of his post, I interpreted Beagel as another obsessed person who played way too much of a game and just wanted more, more, more. Then by the end of it, I realized although he probably has played way too much of Day Z, he brought up some fantastic ideas (as did jakethesnake). Very specific, multiple-stage missions (like the helicopter building idea above) would be immensely AWESOME for this mod. I'm sure Rocket already has too much to do as it is, so maybe mission makers in the community could create them and submit them to him for review? Or just release them to the community? I don't know.

I hope the mod evolves into something more than a gank-fest, but sadly I think it represents what would happen in reality anyway. If nothing else Rocket you have written a very cool socialogical experiment! It's quite interesting really - in a normal PvP I would not think twice about killling a member of the 'red' team, however in this mod I found the thought of killing another player absolutely abhorant.

From a gameplay perspective (as with life) there need to be further goals, after all there is no point in killing people unless there is an advantage to be gained. Also I think you also need to look at rewarding people for NOT killing other people too - this may be artificial (in life, there is arguably no material advantage to doing this) - but at least it may balance gameplay in the long term. Perhaps you need to introduce some kind of 'kharma' system where positive kharma is rewarded somehow?

Anyway what you have done here is something special - you are definitely on to something!

You already gain a massive bonus with high morality/humanity...some -7000 Guys are currently online learning it the hard way...they tried to go on the same way in their new Bandit model...but now they get shot on sight when showing up somewhere populated. Cities, hospitals, everything becomes a no go zone for single bandits now...and remeber, morality hit is low for killing a low life bandit ;)

You already gain a massive bonus with high morality/humanity...some -7000 Guys are currently online learning it the hard way...they tried to go on the same way in their new Bandit model...but now they get shot on sight when showing up somewhere populated. Cities, hospitals, everything becomes a no go zone for single bandits now...and remeber, morality hit is low for killing a low life bandit ;)

Ah - my mistake then, I wasn't aware of the morality thing - looks like they have thought of everything! How can you tell what someone's morality is?