Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

please Make the zombies run at you in a straight line! I love the mod, but like others the Zig Zag at blazing speeds is an immersion killer for me.

I'm sure it could be done without clogging up system resources...

Can someone at least 'attempt' to fix it??

Here's the explanation for long loading times on full servers:

HIVE (the connecting application between the server and the master system) currently runs asynchronously, but on one thread. It has to do ALL updates sequentially and each update can take about one second. With fifty players, moving constantly, currently this means that the thread spends nearly all its time processing player updates. The whole system was working "okay" until I split login into two parts, which means two transactions for the server. I had to do this, because ArmA2 has a limitation on string size and loading in data for inventory for heavily laden characters was breaking this. It also meant I could add no more data. A new transaction means at least twice the length of login, as they aren't timed together and are in competition for a chance on HIVE's thread.

The system prioritizes those already in game to provide the best playing experience. The best advice I can offer is to either wait, or visit a server that is not overloaded. Disconnecting and reconnecting will do nothing except place you lower in the que and also increase the loading by adding another transaction.

Anyone who has seen HIVE's output window will know, that the poor application is pushing well beyond its limits. It needs multiple threads.

I will be splitting this out into two parts, one thread will be dedicated to logins and deaths, one will be dedicated to player and object updates. This will double the capacity and the speed.

Ok iv start my monster task for wiki pages so ill start working on the info for mod stuff like guids and help stuff any help would be nice am on a teamspeak at voice.gamingdeluxe.co.uk:10032 and would love people to join in. also iv set up a email for this at thedeadcome@live.co.uk

Edited by Falcos

@ magnus

I dont see any immersion killed by zombied that dont make it easy to us, the zig zag runnign is quite ok and with practicing lead shots its managable. JUdst dotn get caught in the open by a horde...that's a certain death and should be. You can at any time avois zombies, there is no gain in killing every zombiw you see.

please Make the zombies run at you in a straight line! I love the mod, but like others the Zig Zag at blazing speeds is an immersion killer for me.

I'm sure it could be done without clogging up system resources...

Can someone at least 'attempt' to fix it??

Nothing is broken.

Now wait a second, is it that the loading time is LONG or that the game freezes up? If it is the former, how long does it take to load? I've always waited until the 30 second mark or so to determine that it is frozen.

EDIT: I just ALT+Tabbed out of the loading screen and just surfed the net for 20 minutes. I come back, and it's still there. It's not loading slow for me. It's freezing! :mad: This is pissing me off. I'll attempt to play it again once this crap stops.

Edited by Guy LeDouche

Now wait a second, is it that the loading time is LONG or that the game freezes up? If it is the former, how long does it take to load? I've always waited until the 30 second mark or so to determine that it is frozen.

EDIT: I just ALT+Tabbed out of the loading screen and just surfed the net for 20 minutes. I come back, and it's still there. It's not loading slow for me. It's freezing! :mad: This is pissing me off. I'll attempt to play it again once this crap stops.

Hey man...just be cool..

As bazillions times it's stated..this mod is in "early alpha version"

Have some patience-and all will be fixed.

This mod in THIS game...is the "one" you always dreamed of..

Just be cool...

;)

Lol, seen this mod being played allot lately when searching for my favorite arrowhead server, and downloaded it, installed, start, choose server, and it stays stuck on loading... :butbut::rolleyes:

Lol, seen this mod being played allot lately when searching for my favorite arrowhead server, and downloaded it, installed, start, choose server, and it stays stuck on loading... :butbut::rolleyes:

This mod gets updated often-and there are times i see a 2nd (diffent) version of 'dayz_code' file in the download list helping users with an easy rollback in case of stability problems .

1)Check what version servers are playing

2)Be sure you don't have something misplaced extra in the addons folder.

It might be worth it to try some other server if you're stuck. I was stuck on one server but not on another one.

Edited by Celery

It might to worth it to try some other server if you're stuck. I was stuck on one server but not on another one.

Tried them all, all make the loading stuck.

This mod gets updated often-and there are times i see a 2nd (diffent) version of 'dayz_code' file in the download list helping users with an easy rollback in case of stability problems .

1)Check what version servers are playing

2)Be sure you don't have something misplaced extra in the addons folder.

1)I got the latest, via Six Updater...

2)checked the addons folder, nothing out of the ordinary

I keep getting strange errors after the normal OA loading screen, bin/****/weapons (or about glasses) something,, click ok and than the stuck loading screen.:j:

Edited by Necramonium

Necramonium, on your regular addon set, do you have a custom set of glasses on your character in player profile from another mod? Like glasses or a mask or helmet or headset? BEcause that's what it sounds like the 'Glasses' error appears to be... sadly I can't answer the rest of your question about the mod D:

Could it be that someone else has custom glasses or whatnot? I and I know a buddy who gets these cfgbinweapon or ACE/Delta/blaah/Glasses pop ups all the time, and we don't have any custom stuff on. I think this same happens in PR as well.

I´m not a Zombies fan, but this mod is Awesome!!! I like the dark night, zombies speed and zig-zag and 24=24 hours in game. But don´t like very much the "save" mode, cos you can press abort in difficult situations, and rejoinig with all items (sometimes the temptation is very strong:o). I imagine that will be very difficult erase that "glitch".

Thanks for this fantastic mod. with PMC.

I cannot join the server because it is saying there are keys missing for the Community Based Addons (I have 0.83 installed),

It needs the keys from: cba_ai, cba_array, cba_common, cba_diagnostic, cba_events, cba_extended_eventhandlers

http://s7.directupload.net/images/120425/rqmfxcez.jpg

but i have the correct Version for Combined Operatios 1.6 - installed:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/120425/wal9pogh.jpg

I already copied the bikey files wherever I could ;) but It Doesnt help...

there are a few other Sevrers where I get the same Error aswell, only Vanilla Sevrer seem to work.

in my mods folder are two mods: the CBA for CO and the JSRS Sound Mod. I merged both of them with no Error and can play SOlo campaign and Vanilla.

For the dayz mod I made a second modfolder. (@dayz) it is behind the mods in the parameter list:

http://s14.directupload.net/images/120425/4rb6vzx2.jpg

I did not modify any files, just downloaded them and copied them.

This is the Menu screen:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/120425/l7nqtjxb.jpg

Reproducing the Error:

In the mod List there is something called: JayArma2Lib - What is that? Do I need this? But does it have Sth. to do with the Key Error for CBA?

In the Readme of Dayz It reads:

"Download the files from www.mediafire.com/dayz (Check for updates as well)

Created a folder in your ArmA II program files location: (C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2) and call it @dayz

Inside that folder create another called folder called Addons

Use a program such as 7zip to unzip the rar files you downloaded.

Copy the unzipped files in your @dayz/Addons folder

On an ArmA II shortcut in the target line add (After the quotation marks): -nosplash -mod=@dayz;

Load up that shortcut.

Find the DayZ Zombie RPG server, login and Play!"

And I did excatly that:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/120425/kjm8qldy.jpg

Edited by tremanarch

If you are not using JayArmaLib (which is a library extension mod used be ACRE) then you don't need CBA. They are optional to play Dayz.

this worked! Thank you VERY Much Sir!

only short, then I got an error with weapons.cfg ? and now i dont see any server.. hmm

Edited by tremanarch

I always get the weapons.cfg error - but it still lets me in. I haven't logged in since yesterday, so I will try again today and see if anything has changed.

Make sure you have the latest version of Dayz (link in first post). It is Alpha and changing rapidly (latest version was today).

Edited by Jedra

My game sometimes get stuck with a full "Loading" bar. Anyone else getting this issue?

My game sometimes get stuck with a full "Loading" bar. Anyone else getting this issue?

Mine too, yesterday it was ok but today it doesn't load, i got hurt yesterday before logging off maybe it's a data server issue.

Dito 1.4.9 doesn't work for me.