Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

A way to block/lock/jam a door, at least not with only minimal effort, so no one can enter it would be nice. Zombies or other players having to hit a door secured in this way several times before opening it would make fortification more doable. Of course that means that the zombies must first be fixed so they aren't just passing through doors, walls and fences anyway.

That's just not happening with Arma 2's engine.

wwwDOTarmedassaultDOTinfo/index.php?game=1&cat=news&id=2711

Links to high-res maps of Chernarus :)

Is there a one with grid numbers? Ive been looking all over and the only one i know of is a crappy extremely slow pdf version

When im try to play on EU servers or RU i and my friend have desync. When im come to US NY servers ill got banned for hacking. Can administrators that servers unban me please? Because im dont have and dont use that. Or how i cant contact with administration that servers?

Edited by Rapira

Is there a one with grid numbers? Ive been looking all over and the only one i know of is a crappy extremely slow pdf version

Grid numbers take the fun out of it. Identify your location via landmarks ;)

Then find a map in-game with grid marks.

Great stuff, been having a lot of fun in the little I've played so far, but looks like a great game mode! I have however had a problem over on the FR server, I was playing fine earlier today, then the server went down. When it came back up my character had reset, and now anytime I head any further west from Pogorevka (sp?) towards where I had setup a small camp the server instantly boots me with a message from battleye about 'script restriction #22'. Have yet to be able to go past that area on the FR server, had a friend join and he also had the same issue with the server booting him as well in the same position. Looking forward to more from the mod though fantastic work!

Grid numbers take the fun out of it. Identify your location via landmarks ;)

Then find a map in-game with grid marks.

That isnt the problem... Nor what I asked.

it's a Sign Pac.. server boots you cause it knows you should be working on I44... ;)

That isnt the problem... Nor what I asked.

What's not the problem? I thought you were asking if there was a map with grid marks. My answer is once again: No. Only in-game.

Great stuff, been having a lot of fun in the little I've played so far, but looks like a great game mode! I have however had a problem over on the FR server, I was playing fine earlier today, then the server went down. When it came back up my character had reset, and now anytime I head any further west from Pogorevka (sp?) towards where I had setup a small camp the server instantly boots me with a message from battleye about 'script restriction #22'. Have yet to be able to go past that area on the FR server, had a friend join and he also had the same issue with the server booting him as well in the same position. Looking forward to more from the mod though fantastic work!

Script restriction #22: Troopmon

When im try to play on EU servers or RU i and my friend have desync. When im come to US NY servers ill got banned for hacking. Can administrators that servers unban me please? Because im dont have and dont use that. Or how i cant contact with administration that servers?

Your name is familiar, apparently the Russians reported a false positive to us and you were applied to the ban list globally throughout the servers.

*Edit* Should be unbanned by all the servers but US 3 & 4, Someone is doing something on it at the moment so I cannot remove you from that and possibly the RU server.

+ I see the servers run @CBA and @JayArma2Lib as well. Where do I get these files, if i need them?

Not required to play the mod.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Tonic-_-

can you unban me please? because NY servers is working most stable each other. And im never get banned for hacking or cheating. Its mistaked ban.

Tonic-_-

can you unban me please? because NY servers is working most stable each other. And im never get banned for hacking or cheating. Its mistaked ban.

I will continue to speak with you through the private message you have sent me.

When I try to join with PMC and BAF it tells me they are not signed by a key accepted by the server.. I own both DLC legally, I don't understand whats wrong?

I have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution for that?

I have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution for that?

Re-download the 1.60 update. If you updated ArmA 2 to 1.60 and then bought PMC or BAF at a later time you have to re-run the 1.60 updater to patch the files. Unless you have the steam copy.

If you have the steam copy then you have to verify integrity of game cache.

I bought the game on Steam. Shouldn`t it update itself?

I bought the game on Steam. Shouldn`t it update itself?

Then just verify the integrity of the game cache. This applies if you have ArmA 2, ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, PMC and BAF all through steam. There are times that files can get corrupted and this issue happens.

Then just verify the integrity of the game cache. This applies if you have ArmA 2, ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, PMC and BAF all through steam. There are times that files can get corrupted and this issue happens.

True story. I had some strange error message the other day. Verified the cache for both A2 and A2:OA and it came up with 125 files between the two that were corrupted and needed to be re-installed.

Any chance of a server with more than 50 players?

I think there was a 200 player server up once. 50 is no limit carved in stone.

Currently no server has been provided that can handle even 75. Achieving a higher slot limit then 65 is a very tedious task in ArmA 2.

Maybe if there was better CPU load balancing. Currently only 2 CPUs do any work, one sits at about 95% and the other at 20%, the rest (2) are idling. I do not know how BIS have load shared the exe but it looks related to AI (zombies) or script execution. The more ppl playing, the more scripts/ zombies are stirred up, the higher that main CPU goes until..... crash. I hope this is addressed in arma3 but currently I don't think you can manually divide the load up better to the other cores.

I am unable to join after the last 12.4.24 Update, I updated my adddons files but im always stuck in loading character data on all DayZ servers.

I am unable to join after the last 12.4.24 Update, I updated my adddons files but im always stuck in loading character data on all DayZ servers.

Update has been rolled back to Code 1.3.3.

I see dayZ is on Sixupdater... my life is easy again... thanks

This mod is pretty cool. It's definitely an experience traveling cross-country just to meet up with your friends, navigating inland to avoid all the murderers and thugs that are drawn to the new players on the coast. Learning how to take advantage of the noise and visual status icons to sneak by zombies is a vital skill.

I'm curious why players do not spawn with a watch. It doesn't seem to be a gameplay enhancement unlike a map or compass. All having a watch lets you do is answer the newbies who ask what the server time is. It's also a bit immersion-breaking, because why do I spawn with medical supplies, a gun, and canned food, but not a simple watch?

I'm also finding the zombies to be incredibly frustrating, in particular their crazy speed and respawn scripts. It's been argued in this thread that the fast zombies increase tension and provide better incentive for players to band together to have a better chance to survive against the difficult zombies. I can also see how respawning zombies discourages complacency and encourages teamplay. These goals I agree with wholeheartedly. However, as it stands, the way the game goes about this (fast zombie animation and zombie respawning) I find very frustrating, to put it mildly.

On the fast zombie speed:

1) The sped-up animation looks like it's out of a Charlie Chaplin film or Benny Hill Chase skit, and thus breaks immersion.

2) The zombies sometimes become very difficult to kill, if not impossible at times, for the reasons:

1. The AI pathfinding will tend to take diagonal paths towards the player, making the zombies harder to shoot than expected
  2. The ARMA 2 Engine feels sluggish, and has delayed inputs, compared to some other games (especially in foliage!)
  3. Any server lag at all causes zombies to

1. Die seconds after they are shot
    2. teleport diagonally

On respawning zombies, I feel that they should respawn on longer intervals, with a larger exclusion zone around players. I've cleared out small facilities (2 buildings) out in the middle of the woods, searched the grounds to ensure all zombies are gone, only for more zombies to spawn before I've even grabbed everything I wanted to and got out. It breaks immersion when zombies magically appear in front of you, and only adds to frustration when you factor in the difficulty of shooting the zombies due to engine constraints listed above.

In other words, I won't disagree with a design decision to make the zombies fast and difficult to shoot, nor do I disagree with the goal make players cautious at all times because zombies can appear everywhere and anywhere. However, I, as a player, should feel like I'm fighting zombies, and not fighting the game. Until the zombies no longer teleport to players along diagonal lines and cause players to waste bullets waiting for the hit to register, only for the same thing to happen 5 minutes later when the player's healed up from the last encounter, then I ask that the speed of them be turned down only to the point that their shambling/walking/sprinting animation proceeds in real time.