Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Some observations and ideas;

* Reduce the zombie running speed + remove the crosshair = difficulty stays about the same and it adds more immersion.

* Atm there is nothing stopping you to just troll the servers by just killing other humans.

* Like someone said earlier, remove all scoped rifles so that trolling becomes harder.

* Remove the ability to talk on the blue side chat. 50 players on the same side is like a guarantee that there is always 1 speaking useless stuff at this channel.

* Add the ability to make survivor groups (like squads ala PR) so you can use green voice chat. Or perhaps some walkie-talkie solution where u can choose a Khz for ur group.

* Building stuff like in PR would be nice as well.

* A quick guide/manual would be nice.

Edited by Atkins

Hey Rocket

From all the Zulu Alpha's (South African ArmA community) thank you for this awesome mod:D

Cheers

HT

Any idea why I can play on the US servers but not the NYC servers? I keep getting kicked from the server(s) with a long error about "Files (and then it lists a ton of CBA stuff) are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys."?????

Again, those files and keys work fine on the "US" servers with no errors. I run the steam version and launch with six updater. Yes, I tried "Process bikeys" for the NYC servers in Six but doesn't fix it.

Help?

EDIT: Tried manually deleting all my @CBA* folders and letting Six redownload them for me. Same errors! I just walked a buddy through setting up this whole thing for the first time and he can play on the NYC servers! Why can't I?

They just hate you :P they love me though almost as much as I love this mod! >_<! it rocks!

* Reduce the zombie running speed + remove the crosshair = difficulty stays about the same and it adds more immersion.

* Atm there is nothing stopping you to just troll the servers by just killing other humans.

* Like someone said earlier, remove all scoped rifles so that trolling becomes harder.

* Remove the ability to talk on the blue side chat. 50 players on the same side is like a guarantee that there is always 1 speaking useless stuff at this channel.

* Add the ability to make survivor groups (like squads ala PR) so you can use green voice chat. Or perhaps some walkie-talkie solution where u can choose a Khz for ur group.

I'm not sure what you mean by "trolling" in this context. Surely there would be opportunists and murderers in a real zombie apocalypse? I find it kind of justified to be able to kill each other because that adds a certain element of unceartainty and paranoia. Something that adds to gameplay.

Any chance Battleye could be taken off the OZ server for people with on going problems with the horrid thing... pleaseeee :rolleyes:

Any chance Battleye could be taken off the OZ server for people with on going problems with the horrid thing... pleaseeee :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to say but Battleye will be staying on the server..... with finding that other servers that have it off are been hacked with cheaters.

If you have problems with your battleye I would suggest to delete it and re-download it again.

Yes we have tried EVERY battleye problem fix. I think its loss of packets making battleye not to work or something causing a kick. In saying that i havent seen any cheaters on the non battleye servers yet. And furthermore i recall people cheating on our server a year ago with battleye running.. sigh, Thanks for the reply anyway.

Hmm, is there anyway to have an ability to raid gardens? I've seen some of them full of pumpkins.

very good points from you! the zombie speed should be equal to the player. also that the zombies running zigzag should be removed.

and as said earlier, some meele weapons would be great! so once you get out of ammo you can still defence yourself.

the crossbow need a better aim vision. a scope would be cool. and the ammunition should be changed into bolt bags. because the bolts require just too much space thats not worth it compared to a rifle. but the crossbow is a cool weapon though!

and for the future just add more weapons and items etc. =)

and add some useable vehicles pls, haven't even seen one at all. i only heard about it.

I just thought of this and wouldn't it be fun to have the more advanced weapons' parts lying around and then you can build them up into one weapon?

Like for example: G36C receiver, G36C barrel, and G36C stock combined together makes a gun.

I would also suggest:

Being able to use MP5 magazines with the MP5SD5 (I guess you guys could do what ACE does where it converts the magazine into "suppressed" ones once loaded into the gun) since the MP5SD5 doesn't need special subsonic ammunition.

Being able to use any 12 gauge shell with any of the in-game shotguns. I find it strange that you can't use 12 gauge 1866 ammo with the Remington 870 and M1014. Maybe swap the 15 round 12 gauge into an 8 round buckshot/slug item when you load it into the 870 or M1014? (Kinda like the ACE mag swap)

It's a crude workaround but it's better than not being able to use 12 gauge with all the shotguns.

Our server is run on donations...which I expect is how most servers run . Now the server is so packed our donating members cannot join.
AEF have got a second OZ server up, which should spread the great load:)

b_560_95_1.png

Just for the history..

I don't think IRL MP5SD weapon uses 'special' SD ammo.

The weapon itself its build that way that uses 'normal' ammunition while maintaining shooters detectability to near 'zero'

*please correct me if i m wrong

Nice mod, having fun with it, thanks for sharing!

The speed of the zombies and the zig-zagging bothers me a little, but I doubt there's much that can be done about that. I think I would eventually outrun a zombie in a real life situation. Maybe make them only pursue for so long?

I know you can't limit the use of global and side chat, but please don't include ACRE as some have suggested. I like in game VON much better. Keep it simple.

It changed my play style quick. I went from being nice to everyone I met to wanting to kill everyone I met within a few game sessions. I find that most people play aggressively and are annoying as well. I am OK with that... I can adapt. :)

Keep up the good work, this sparked the ARMA fire for me again... thanks!

DarkPhantom;2138917']I'm sorry to say but Battleye will be staying on the server..... with finding that other servers that have it off are been hacked with cheaters.

If you have problems with your battleye I would suggest to delete it and re-download it again.

That's true. Last night after hours of searching and running for my life, I had some great stuff plus a nice m240 only for someone to join the server and instantly kill everyone somehow, so we all lost our gear. That by far sucked worse than getting killed by some rabid hillbillies hiding around Cherna or Electro waiting for people to come by and shoot and probably cannibalize. :P

great mod, love the atmosphere

for the future i hope there will be "save spots" or some lockable containers available. like it is now, its far more "rewarding" and easier to just shoot other players and take their gear than playing it in a cooperative way.

does anyone know how to build/repair a car? we found lots of carparts but coulnd use them at carwrecks? how does this work?

Pitch a tent, the cargo is synchronized with the database but will only be loaded on THAT instance (ie that server).

thx for the quick reply

can the tent be robbed or destroyed? do i respawn at the tent when dead? if not can one player setup more than one tent?

and what about the cars?

sorry so much questions :o

Yes the tent can be robbed, choose a secluded spot.

This is not really a game as such, its more a social experiment. It's very brutal, when you die, you start again in a new character. You cannot packup another characters tent, only the character who pitched it can. Players can setup as many tents as they find.

Social experiment indeed, but after what I seen in just 5 hours in this mission I have no faith in humanity anymore. Some kind of morale system is urgently needed in DayZ.

So far I meet only one player that did not shoot me for the gear i had gathered and that one just did not because he knew me from Warfare BE. Currently it turned out sadly that the safest way to deal with humans is to kill them and that somethingn I don't like...that's simply too much Hill Billy USA for me.

Agree, people who join are VERY PvP, and this may cast away coopetative players.

Agree, people who join are VERY PvP, and this may cast away coopetative players.

It´s worse when PvP affects otherwise fine game mechanics, night time playing for instance.

Yes you have road flares, chemlights, torches ... and nights are supposed to be scary.

But will you trade knowing where to go for the side effect of being a light beacon in the darkness, waiting to be shot dead by some lurking griefer?

I´d rather not play at nights, at all.

Morality system, now named "humanity" is currently in local dedicated testing. It will be released for a single public dedicated test within 12 hours, assuming no showstoppers. When your humanity drops to a certain level, you become a "bandit" and your character model is changed accordingly. Humanity is persistent across all your characters.

Morality system, now named "humanity" is currently in local dedicated testing. It will be released for a single public dedicated test within 12 hours, assuming no showstoppers. When your humanity drops to a certain level, you become a "bandit" and your character model is changed accordingly. Humanity is persistent across all your characters.

NICE! I was willing to live with the current PvP situation rather than eliminate the PvP aspect entirely, but this sounds like it could be a nice compromise! Maybe bandits smell better to zeds too? Heh. Maybe we'll have bounty hunters as well?

Hey, how about dynamic weather? Any plans? Is it feasible at all?

I've actually been the victim of "passive robbery" at night. Told to stop and drop food, water, etc. on the ground or be shot. More often than not this ends up in dying anyway but once I did as instructed just to see what would happen... Never saw the robber, went about my way. All he had to do was wait for me to get far enough away and then go out and get my stuff. I imagine this would circumvent the "humanity" system?

I don't know about this disdain for other players you guys talk about.

Just began playing today and have met 3 different people and non were hostile.

I ran into one guy and we just kind of back stepped away from each other and went separate paths, another guy I saved from some zombies and we traveled for a bit, and one other guy I yelled at him from around a corner and we both came out and agreed to trade with each other.

Am I just lucky or is the hostile player thing a little exaggerated?