Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Hi

I do think there a little to fast still even taking into considaration the points you make but of course tgis is just my opinion.

I would TBH have a combination of zombies eg fast,slow,crawlers and this would allow a more realistic world and a sacrafice between the bad and good.

Not if your applying the laws of quantum mechanics, being in two places at once mr Viper :D

Aye, must remember to employ this tactic next time, it would solve many a problem. :p

Just checked the server list seems that EU only has one server now, where as US has five including three NYC servers, what's up with that yo.

Slow zombies in an open world is a combination that will be way too easy unless the number of zombies is great enough to cause hardware issues. These ultra fast zombies might not be æsthetically pleasing, but they really force people to cooperate and stay sharp and tense all the time, which kind of is the spirit of zombie gameplay.

Thank you!

I respect the decision but I choose to stay away from this fantastic mod. Some details is a no go for me.

I wish you luck !

The problem is not the Zombies.

The biggest pain in the ass is the friggin' retard player who will shoot you (on back) just for having fun-while

you already spend 2+hours to build a decent loadout for survival.

"You don't have to kill someone to take what you need-you can ask nicely for what you need"

Edited by GiorgyGR

The biggest pain in the ass is the friggin' retard player who will shoot you (on back) just for having fun-while

"You don't have to kill someone to take what you need-you can ask nicely for what you need"

Perhaps take that aspect as a part of the survival experience instead of a separate nuisance? Those kinds of situations were taken into account in the making of the mod so that you wouldn't take help from others for granted. The only goal at the moment is to survive the longest, afterall, and everyone else is at least an indirect competitor.

The mod itself is already causing lots of RPT error messages when you just start the game.

As a modder a first rule should be, keep the RPT clean yourself.....

But... technically it is far far away from being really good....

I was sure I read something about "alpha version" here somewhere. I'm sure this is not to excuse the author and the mod's errors. But it means something like "You can play with it, but dont expect an error free version." Its ok to have errors in this, corze the point is to find them! And to check each functionality, feature and what ever. And to eliminate those errors of course.

"Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss..."

Since the BIS Guys themselves working on this, I'm pretty sure they will elimitnate most of the errors soon. And when they ask for RPT's here, its more like troubleshooting, fault collection or so.

LJ

I somehow can't see or hear anyone in Direct Communication channel, is there a way to fix this?

Hi,

it seems repairing a vehicle is still bugged, i tried several times to get wheels on a UAZ and it didn´t work.

I jacked up the car and it says i had repaired a wheel but theres no wheel showing up on the car.

I hope you´ll fix it soon :D

I somehow can't see or hear anyone in Direct Communication channel, is there a way to fix this?

You know that Direct is "positional" right? Just like in real life you can't hear someone talk if they are a mile away. You'll only hear and be heard by those relatively close to you.

CRAZY PLEA WITH THE COMMUNITY!!!!!

Would someone PLEASE start a west coast server in the US? Not only would it help my cruddy ping but it would be nice to play on a server synced to MY daylight/nighttime! Hell, put up a paypal donation link somewhere and I'll throw a few dollars in it, if that's what it takes?

You know that Direct is "positional" right? Just like in real life you can't hear someone talk if they are a mile away. You'll only hear and be heard by those relatively close to you.

CRAZY PLEA WITH THE COMMUNITY!!!!!

Would someone PLEASE start a west coast server in the US? Not only would it help my cruddy ping but it would be nice to play on a server synced to MY daylight/nighttime! Hell, put up a paypal donation link somewhere and I'll throw a few dollars in it, if that's what it takes?

The US 1 & US 2 Servers may be synced to the west coast to give a more realistic time sync feel for both central and eastern as it gets dark, as far as ping US 1 & 2 can't help there. Box is located in Dallas. :P but yes we do need a west coast, east and central are now covered.

I've to say that this is one of the best mod i ever played, there's a reason if all the servers are full! ;)

Meaby you have to work on a bunch of things:

- Zombie running speed (they are too much fast, almost unrealistic)

- Zombie spawning (the thing that zombies will respawn, even if you are inside their respawn point, makes hard for players to find a "home")

- Build\barricade system (it will be AWESOME if players can actually build up walls, fences and other things by collecting junks, other than just place a tend and a campfire)

- Crossbow with scopes :D

Quote Originally Posted by GiorgyGR View Post

Perhaps take that aspect as a part of the survival experience instead of a separate nuisance? Those kinds of situations were taken into account in the making of the mod so that you wouldn't take help from others for granted. The only goal at the moment is to survive the longest, afterall, and everyone else is at least an indirect competitor.

The problem is at night time. You have to use some sort of light source to get anywhere. Players walking around with flares, flaslights or chemlights are easy targets for the grifers, when they just camp around in the dark near the big towns.

We where a group of 10 people walking in to Cherna, many carring flares and chems. We got killed by one guy far out in the dark with some kind of auto weapon, that take some of the fun out of it.

A couple of suggestions:

-remove all scoped weapons from the mod, then atleast they have to be somewhat close to kill you.

-Place more burning barrels, tires and campfires along the roads, shore line and in the big cities, then it want be so simple to spot players when they don't have to move around with flares all the time. (maybe not viable for framrate reasons?)

Quote Originally Posted by GiorgyGR View Post

The biggest pain in the ass is the friggin' retard player

A couple of suggestions:

-remove all scoped weapons from the mod, then atleast they have to be somewhat close to kill you.

-Place more burning barrels, tires and campfires along the roads, shore line and in the big cities, then it want be so simple to spot players when they don't have to move around with flares all the time. (maybe not viable for framrate reasons?)

I would have to agree with this.... lighting is a major problem... even in zombie movie's you see alot of lighting in major cities like burning Barrels or burning buildings to get the light effect without putting the game play out of its realistic type of game. As for the zombies numbers... right now our new server in OZ had around 900 zombies and 69 Players on it.... and at that time the server was running really well.... the only problem we had was the ppl joining the server with overseas players joining the server with a 800 ping.

You will have to remember that DayZ is only new and the Server admins and mod designers will eventually tune it in to what they are satisfied with to make this mod a great game to play. :)

Any idea why I can play on the US servers but not the NYC servers? I keep getting kicked from the server(s) with a long error about "Files (and then it lists a ton of CBA stuff) are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys."?????

Again, those files and keys work fine on the "US" servers with no errors. I run the steam version and launch with six updater. Yes, I tried "Process bikeys" for the NYC servers in Six but doesn't fix it.

Help?

EDIT: Tried manually deleting all my @CBA* folders and letting Six redownload them for me. Same errors! I just walked a buddy through setting up this whole thing for the first time and he can play on the NYC servers! Why can't I?

Edited by Oktyabr

Short story

My buddy and I are inside a barn, collecting stuff (we killed 2 zombies inside - no big deal), trading stuff, repacking our bags, having a drink, and so on. One flare and a chemlight lying on the ground, illuminating the barn for us...

Suddenly, we hear screaming and yelling outside - not the zombie kind of screaming - a human panicking.

And then - a guy comes running into the barn through the front door, yelling "THEY ARE BEHIND ME! THEY ARE BEHIND ME! SO MANY! HEEEELLLPP!".

We look at each other - What The Frak?

The guy keeps yelling and runs right through the barn and exits on the backside, just as quick as he entered.

One second later A HUGE HORDE OF ZOMBIES comes storming into the barn through the front door - I guess it was around 30 of them. Storming into the barn. Grunting and screaming.

My buddy and I go kneel and start shooting. Wave after wave, entering the barn. Bam Bam Bam. It felt like a minute non-stop revolver shooting. Luckily we had enough ammo. We killed 'em all. No one was bitten.

A few moments later the guy comes back into the barn, thanking us for saving his life. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!".

"No Problem!" ... and he disappears into the darkness again ...

:cc:

Any idea why I can play on the US servers but not the NYC servers? I keep getting kicked from the server(s) with a long error about "Files (and then it lists a ton of CBA stuff) are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys."?????

Again, those files and keys work fine on the "US" servers with no errors. I run the steam version and launch with six updater. Yes, I tried "Process bikeys" for the NYC servers in Six but doesn't fix it.

Help?

EDIT: Tried manually deleting all my @CBA* folders and letting Six redownload them for me. Same errors! I just walked a buddy through setting up this whole thing for the first time and he can play on the NYC servers! Why can't I?

NYC is using an older version of CBA, I will be going through most of the servers tomorrow and upgrading them all to the latest version of CBA and also adding support for older versions of CBA that are above r170 in the mean time disable CBA as it is not required to play nor is JayArma2Lib. Just @dayz

Been playing since ArmA 2's release and this is the first time it happened to me. I literally can't hear VOIP or see people's chat in Direct even if they're beside me. But other channels work fine.

Short story

My buddy and I are inside a barn, collecting stuff (we killed 2 zombies inside - no big deal), trading stuff, repacking our bags, having a drink, and so on. One flare and a chemlight lying on the ground, illuminating the barn for us...

Suddenly, we hear screaming and yelling outside - not the zombie kind of screaming - a human panicking.

And then - a guy comes running into the barn through the front door, yelling "THEY ARE BEHIND ME! THEY ARE BEHIND ME! SO MANY! HEEEELLLPP!".

We look at each other - What The Frak?

The guy keeps yelling and runs right through the barn and exits on the backside, just as quick as he entered.

One second later A HUGE HORDE OF ZOMBIES comes storming into the barn through the front door - I guess it was around 30 of them. Storming into the barn. Grunting and screaming.

My buddy and I go kneel and start shooting. Wave after wave, entering the barn. Bam Bam Bam. It felt like a minute non-stop revolver shooting. Luckily we had enough ammo. We killed 'em all. No one was bitten.

A few moments later the guy comes back into the barn, thanking us for saving his life. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!".

"No Problem!" ... and he disappears into the darkness again ...

:cc:

Haha Classic story love it!:uzi:

Not to give too much away but a build system maybe coming...

good game just hate the pvper/campers who sit there ruining people game by shooting them with snipers on the clock tower.. afther you spend like hours getting around just to have them runin it and start all over.. ... no one works together its annoying when they see you they just shoot you.. even if you have nothing on you

I must say, excellent mod. Fantastic work!

Only massive problem is night-time. I was just ingame on one of the US servers, and it was pitch black... Could not see anything, not even my hands, just stars, which is completely pointless in my opinion. If there's a way you can make the moon shine or something, that'd be much better. Or a torch?

In terms of gameplay, it's actually very enjoyable. I'm having a lot of fun, and I see it's absolutely taken off which is excellent to see. I hope you keep improving the mod as at the moment it has massive amounts of potential! I think more variety is needed, more options, different scenarios and more variations in zombie movements. Some fast, some slow etc.

Other than that, I love the transferable position of the player between servers, works a treat!

Looking forward to seeing this in Limnos with massive amounts of new and exciting adventures :)

Edit: Can you enable knives? Man, that'd be so much easier. Esp if you have one zombie by himself, not anything around. Saves bullets, and is much quieter.

Also, you need another Aust/NZ server. The current one has been 55/55 all day. If you can get your Rcon stuff working on Linux, can lend you a fairly decent server, should hold 30 or so. But I believe windows only correct?

Edited by the_antipop

I have to say this is very good mod and it gives authentic experience of what we call survival: fear, team-play and betrayal.

Keep updating and it will become a masterpiece.

Could not see anything, not even my hands, just stars, which is completely pointless in my opinion

That's why every time you joining server you got 10 flares.

I have to say that I'm quite addicted. Always loved ARMA II and it's predecessors but this is a whole new level of immersion. The atmosphere makes the hair on your neck stand on end even in the mid day hours. I hope to find a good group to run with, maybe keep the player killers away.

Our server is run on donations...which I expect is how most servers run . Now the server is so packed our donating members cannot join. Is it possible to add a few pass-worded positions in the list ? I don't know if ARMA can do this.... sorry for my ignorance. Thanks for the re-invigoration.... get the number up ready for ARMA3...

Great work...