Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

;2138182'] a couple of zombies decided to disobey the laws of physics and walk right through the closed doors' date=' .[/quote']

Not if your applying the laws of quantum mechanics, being in two places at once mr Viper :D

As for time, the two times i've played prolonged periods it has always been night , would be nice to see something in the morning at some point :)

As for time, the two times i've played prolonged periods it has always been night , would be nice to see something in the morning at some point :)

I'm thinking because of the way our database saved your characters (And if the server isn't full) take a look on one of the other servers because all your stuff would go over... (Okay so tents and vehicle are local per server..) and due to the fact we have servers around the world you could try any time you want as long as you can get on the server. Woohoo!

This sounds great. Could someone post a video with some gameplay :)? I'm away from my gaming PC :(

Take a look at that - A 2 hour (Already) play list of videos I've found for DayZ. ChKilroy's series shows our first major test but is most likely the best show.

Two more servers just popped up in "NYC" which should take some of the pressure off of those mouse clicking fingers while you try to get an empty slot! Rumor has it that today's code update (1.3.2) restored vehicles as well although I haven't seen any yet.

Is there a support thread or forum for this mod anywhere? I keep getting kicked for CBA keys not being accepted by the majority of the servers out there that are hosting DayZ, and then on the servers I can get into once I get to loading character data battle eye kicks me for a memory corruption, anyone else experiencing this?

Is there a support thread or forum for this mod anywhere? I keep getting kicked for CBA keys not being accepted by the majority of the servers out there that are hosting DayZ, and then on the servers I can get into once I get to loading character data battle eye kicks me for a memory corruption, anyone else experiencing this?

If your having any issues you can drop us a line at dayzdevteam@gmail.com and make sure to include your arma RPT file. You can also drop us a line at to report any bugs or suggestions at https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz.

If your having any issues you can drop us a line at dayzdevteam@gmail.com and make sure to include your arma RPT file. You can also drop us a line at to report any bugs or suggestions at https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz.

Please, before you ask others for the RPT file check it yourself first. The mod itself is already causing lots of RPT error messages when you just start the game.

As a modder a first rule should be, keep the RPT clean yourself.

Anyways, the mod is quite nice, it's a refreshing change (though currently there might be a little bit too much Zombie madness in the series :D).

But... technically it is far far away from being really good (sorry to be a little bit harsh here).

There are so many things which could be massively improved when it comes to MP in the mod... not only performance wise...

But again, overall a nice mod, especially with the stats, etc., saving. It just shows what's possible with the game when you don't limit yourself.

Xeno

hey xeno.. just be thankful no one has copied the mod and ruined it by adding ACE. Cause that usually ruins any mod IMO.

eeermm... funny mod... we need more supplies... and less idiots shooting at whatever is moving around in the dark :)

Had a looksy, too dark. cant see?

I get why, but can't be bothered running around in circles with pitch black screen.

Had a looksy, too dark. cant see?

I get why, but can't be bothered running around in circles with pitch black screen.

Light a flare! Sooner or later, if you live long enough to see "later" that is, you will find some chem sticks and maybe even a flashlight. Of course it's only dark at night. Come try it again when it's daylight. Not much easier but at least you can see without artificial light.

My BIG wish right now is a way to lock out Global and Side channels for VOIP! Not too bad for text and I can see it being useful to help guide the newbs on their way but PLEASE, stick to "Direct communication" when using your mics???? More than once I've been grouped up and doing fine only to have someone clear across the map say something that breaks the immersion and can make real teamwork that much more difficult. How about a server MoTD?

Would be cool if the player skins had more variety too, but I imagine that's in the works?

Would be cool if the player skins had more variety too, but I imagine that's in the works?

We have plans for something along those lines still using the PMC characters. This is one of those things however we'll work on once the main foundations have been placed! We wanted to use Civvie characters from ArmA II but they cannot use the OA backpacks; therefore we used PMC as the closest civilian looking character. (I personally think PMC is better anyway :cool:)

Any plans of slowing down the zombies? I believe that this mod has great potential :)

They walk with a limp and run like they have posession of the olympic torch :p Keep up the good work.

LOL yeah the walking anim is really impressive but then they ruin it by making em run like an atholete.

I agree that Z's rush-speed it seems 'kind-of-abnormal'..but i think its

essential for them to provide us more 'fear' element (better atmosphere) and

to pose as more considerable threat..

So..speed is fine for me.

awesome mod! just played it the first time. one thing i'd change are the player units as they are all the same. that's a bit boring.

another thing that would be awesome is to include ACRE. it would bring just a great kind of communication into the game. then people wouldn't always use the chat as it becomes just annoying.

i'm already looking forward to updates for the mod =)

Personally I don't think the zombies are too fast. If you can stay ahead of them at a run then good enough. And are they all equally fast? It would be nice if there was some variation among them, endurance, persistence, speed, etc. I would like it however if they would stop zipping through fences, walls and doors like they were ghosts, not zombies.

Not too fast? You are kidding me right? I never heard of a zombie that can outrun a human.

And besides one zombie will hunt you to the other side of the map.. :rolleyes:

You start to run and the zombie is 30 meters behind, within seconds it will be 2 to 3 meters behind you.

Come on if you want this game to be hard do it. For instance reduce speed of zombies and make it possible to infect humans if bitten. Fair?

love this mod nice work guys^^ i have a suggestion,maybe you already working on it, dunno,would be nice some melee weapons to kill zombies like knife or any object like sticks or shaft.cya in game of course ;)

First of love the mod, lots of work left but its alredy one of the best ones out there!

Hove come BattelEye got turned on all the servers today? Cheating sudently increased or was players just acussing others fore cheating? My own personal experience of BE is not the best... But i guess its time to do a reinstall of the game and find whats wrong any way.

Whould love to se a list of exactly what version of addons that are the latest ones and are used on the servers. CBA sems to be atleast two different versions.

Cheers

Grip

Great mod. I like a lot. The night time is the best, I think, but like others mentioned it would be nice with faster days to spice up the diversity. Of course, this is still alpha so who knows what will happen. :)

I did however have problems loading the character data today, as did a lot of other players. I don't know how many minutes it took, but when I got in I ended up outside the map somewhere. Not sure if it's a bug or server issue, but it's worth mentioning.

Not too fast? You are kidding me right? I never heard of a zombie that can outrun a human.

And besides one zombie will hunt you to the other side of the map.. :rolleyes:

You start to run and the zombie is 30 meters behind, within seconds it will be 2 to 3 meters behind you.

Come on if you want this game to be hard do it. For instance reduce speed of zombies and make it possible to infect humans if bitten. Fair?

Slow zombies in an open world is a combination that will be way too easy unless the number of zombies is great enough to cause hardware issues. These ultra fast zombies might not be æsthetically pleasing, but they really force people to cooperate and stay sharp and tense all the time, which kind of is the spirit of zombie gameplay.