Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

I'm very interested in trying this mod, however sadly I seem to be having trouble getting things set up.

I've installed & run ArmA2 (bought just to try this mod!)

I then re-installed AO into the same folder and ran that too.

Lastly I have downloaded the latest version of the files, and have placed them within "ArmA 2\@dayz\Addons".

I added the required bits to the shortcut, however I do not seem to be able to run the mod.

Whenever I try to do so I get an error stating "no entry in 'bin/config.bin\Cfgvehicles\Soldier_Crew_PMC.scope"

I've tried checking to ensure I've done things correctly but I'm now stumped - any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Hey rocket,

That was amazing. Absolutely Amazing. Probably the best zombie experience I have ever had. I could go into detail, but everyone who has tried it knows what I mean.

Thank you.

Craig

:D

I'm liking it a lot! It's obviously rough around the edges and still needs work but it's also creepy as hell. Nice to see how player interactions evolve too...

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

I'm very interested in trying this mod, however sadly I seem to be having trouble getting things set up.

I've installed & run ArmA2 (bought just to try this mod!)

I then re-installed AO into the same folder and ran that too.

Lastly I have downloaded the latest version of the files, and have placed them within "ArmA 2\@dayz\Addons".

I added the required bits to the shortcut, however I do not seem to be able to run the mod.

Whenever I try to do so I get an error stating "no entry in 'bin/config.bin\Cfgvehicles\Soldier_Crew_PMC.scope"

I've tried checking to ensure I've done things correctly but I'm now stumped - any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

You must still be missing something. Use SixUpdater, "clone" the server mods and then "update" anything that might be missing. Only thing this doesn't work for is the @dayz mod itself which it sounds like you installed correctly. Yes, this works with STEAM.

any ideas why mine isnt working? why would it get stuck at the loading screen? i will mess around more tomorrow... rpt file has no hints on why its messing up either :( tried for a few hours now... exhausted... i hope it works. watched a few videos and it looks awesome.

is there any plans to get more servers as the ones that are european are very full ,but got to say i am loving the mos more and more i play it

I also believe that this mod can be epic. Ofcourse there alot of stuff left to be done but the potential is enormous.

Is there a way to retrieve more blood?

Well, I was told yesterday, by some guy, that there are hospitals, where you can find blood. I searched Chernogorsk for about half an hour but didn't find it. :(

Other than that you can get blood from animals:

Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood.

From http://dayzmod.com/about.php

Would love to play it, Using SU, Right click and make a preset with the server addons, and the server doesn't allow the files...

One of these things is not like the other...

Well, I was told yesterday, by some guy, that there are hospitals, where you can find blood. I searched Chernogorsk for about half an hour but didn't find it. :(

Other than that you can get blood from animals:

From http://dayzmod.com/about.php

Currently you gain blood from all food. Canned food will give you around 200-300 blood while meat is higher, around 800-1000.

A cow will give you like 8 steaks while a rabbit gives you only 1

Mkay, good to know, thanks. I hope the devs will write a documentation about all that stuff at some point. :)

Also, it would be really really nice if the DayZ servers would allow the ShackTac Movement Addons. It's a bit annoying to move inside buildings without it... I had to switch to handgun at one point because I was literally stuck inside a dead-end hallway (couldn't turn around). I forgot how bad the movement is in vanilla. :(

I need "Holster/un-holster secondary" button/action.

Nobody feels nice with friendly people around pointing a gun to each others face

Best. Gamemode. Ever.

Simply needs a server with plenty of slots.

edit: and zombies could use better running animations :)

@GiorgyGR: whats wrong with doubletapping ctrl to lower the muzzle?

Totally diggin on this mod. I have been trying to mess around with playing with it on the editor? Can I even do that, or am I just being an idiot?

Totally diggin on this mod. I have been trying to mess around with playing with it on the editor? Can I even do that, or am I just being an idiot?

Your an idiot!!!! Na just kidding :D

Don't think you can? it can only be played on 'their' servers?

Gonna have to have a blast on this later, not really my thing zombies but the idea behind it sounds fun!

The units and weapons are aviable in the Editor, but without the scripts they won´t work as in the great DayZ-Mission.

On page 1 or 2 was said, perhaps will there be a version for editing later. Maybe with Modules, that would be great.

Today i played my first hour. Absolutly amazing! The Zombies are looking great with the new animations!

They are a real Pain in the a** when 10 ore more a right behind you. Had some really nice Teamwork with other survivors i met.

Very excited to play more :bounce3:

whats wrong with doubletapping ctrl to lower the muzzle?

Doesn't work for pistols (*aka secondary weps as i stated) ;)

Just so that other know (those who were unable to download the mod (I was also one of them)), it seems to be working again now :)

Scorpio

I played MOST (if not all) Zombie themed-applications around..

.and i can't hold my lips to say..That (3 seconds silence)..works!

While the limited time I have spent on the available servers is more than great, I have to admit you have to let this bird fly.

At the moment it is a caged beuty, with so many people wanting to see it, that the beuty is lost.

Every server is packed and lagging when you join, If you have joined its constantly posts "yada yada is joining or leaving" so that any comunication via typing is worthless.

Your not just onto a winner, You have redifined Arma itself, this mission is A1.

The available servers are the problem!

Why oh why dont you let the clans know how to setup a dedicated server??

I have read and understand how it works, So why not give the clans access to become part of the cloud or access to mother?

This way you would have more servers and less lag???

Anyone interested in setting up a server can email dayzdevteam@gmail.com

As I said earlier. It's not just a mod, there are a number of external applications that go with it. And if EVERYONE tried to setup their own server, the central server wouldn't be able to handle the requests.

It's not a matter of "releasing" it, in order to setup a server, a detailed and careful process needs to be followed to install it. If the settings are not right, then your expeirence will be even worse and your previous saved characters could be corrupted and deleted.