Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

LOL I like the way we say realistic who here has seen a zombie.

I for one all so say running zombies aint realistic LOL I just think its funny how every one I know say real zombies cant do this real zombies cant do that LOL.

will you be giving out the server files as we at reality gaming would love to host a public server as most of the servers are all full could you pm me a link for the server files if that is posable

I to would love the server files please I really want to host this all so.

I'm also interested in the server files. Any plans to release them? :)

you need to update your files man.

I downloaded the latest build (code is ver 1.2.20)

and says i'm missing the addons dayz_weapons, dayz_code, dayz_vehicles, dayz_equip.

I redownloaded those files from mediafire.com/dayz and still same problem.. says i'm missing those files.

-DL entire folder.

-Unzipped to temporary file

-Unzipped all the rar files

-created folder @dayz

-created sub folder addons

-moved all the files into addon folder.

-set launch properties in steam (CO) to include -mod=@dayz

something i'm doing wrong?

the 30 other mods I have installed before worked without a problem. same installation method - creating @folder and pointing steam to use that mod.

Awesome mod!

To bad the zombies are running so fast though. Would have hoped for a more relaxed zombie survival, other than this 28 days later ultra speed zombie stuff but its fun. :)

Please note:

Previously you created a new character on each region (europe, usa etc...) which you joined. This has been removed for your characters. Any server you join will have the current details of your character... HOWEVER - tents, vehicle locations, are specific to that region (Europe, USA, NZ). Some people might find a previous character has been loaded - if this is the case, email dayzdevteam@gmail.com to have your other character, ermmm, "put down" as it will always return your latest character.

hi rocket any chane we could get this mission PBO etc so we could run it pleaseeeeeeeee

hi rocket any chane we could get this mission PBO etc so we could run it pleaseeeeeeeee

Not sure what you need? the mission pbo is available when you download, and is very small. Its about 10kb.

I think you might misunderstand what this system is, its a persistent world system, when you login - you character is saved not just in that server, but all servers. What happens to that character, down to which weapon you have selected, and which animation you are currently in, where you are bleeding from, total kills, headshots, distance traveled on foot, to name but a few... is all synchronized to a central repository. None of that is done through the mission file, which contains only player slot data, five markers, and an init.sqf file. The rest is scripts and configuration in the addon, together with two external EXE applications that perform various interrogation and communication roles with ArmA2 and utilize databases for storing, sorting, and reviewing data.

hi thanks for the reply.

What I would love to do is run this on my own dedicated server I understand if I turn server off I loose the cool feature you talk about but I would leave the server running for as long as possible and in persistant mode.

Thanks

EDIT

would you not release the full set of tools for us home users so we could play with our mates on our won little servers ?

Thanks

would you not release the full set of tools for us home users so we could play with our mates on our [own] little servers ?

In the future - time permitting (and once I have completed the project) - I intent to release a "DayZ lite" which is just the scripts and framework for mission designers to use. As it stands, they could actually use most of these as it is by studying the files themselves and reverse engineering how I put together the Zombie AI and the approach I took to the scheduling dilemma usually faced by servers in particular.

It's not a "home user" system. There is a central server controlled by a central database and application (EXE). Then there are child nodes, that communication through an EXE also. This connects with ArmA2 and populates the world inside it. This "extra-net" uses ArmA2 as its canvas, but paints from its own memory. Even if I were to release all of the source for the EXE application, the EXE itself, you would need to map out the IP schema in the database to authorize the child nodes, configure the database to your requirements, populate the world. I don't think this would run very well on one computer, certainly not with the >600 zombies and fifty players on the USA server tonight.

Awesome mod. Only two problems I've found so far:

Zombies run too fast. (It's almost impossible escaping from a horde of them when you're alone)

Crossbow's damage seems too low, I hit a zombie square to the heart and it didn't kill it while a revolver round to the stomach did.

LOL ok ya lost me so yeah probably not for home users :P.

Had a ghreat time tonight LOL I was lone ranger killing every one LOL I killled about 6 people thoiugh it did say humans killed 1?

Had a ghreat time tonight LOL I was lone ranger killing every one LOL I killled about 6 people thoiugh it did say humans killed 1?

Only clean kills are recorded as a kill. Which involves a fatal shot (head or in terms of damage). If you incapacitate them and they bleed out, you don't receive the Kill.

oh right ok thanks.

I still managed to take all there gear LOL it was well fun

if there is any one on here that kept getting killed it was probably me LOL there was two peeps in a group I killed them I took there shot gun and ammo.

then there was one guy with another person one had a shotty and a scoped rifle I killed them but the scoped weapon had no ammo.

Then another guy went to same house I killed him LOL.

I will be playing again tomorrow if any one wants revenge.

Wish I had recorded this :(

EDIT

Flares kill my system BTW :(

Q6700 @ stock speeds

ATI 4890 1gb @ stock speeds

4gb ram

win 7 64bit

most things on normal to high with no AA or PP etc

Edited by stk2008

When I try to join with PMC and BAF it tells me they are not signed by a key accepted by the server.. I own both DLC legally, I don't understand whats wrong?

As a concept demo for persistent MP this is very promising work, congrats on that much at least! I'm sure the likes of the MSO Dev team will be hugely interested in future developments. I understand you're not keen to develop the external exe's further for 'home' use at this stage (or even multiple servers as some of us are lucky enough to have), but future generations of this concept could go a long way to realising the dream of long term, persistent and dynamic missions.

still having problems connecting. No answer on what's going on. Still saying missing those files. i've downloaded the entire folder from mediafire.com/dayz 3 times now.

Are better bleeding effects planned? I've been watching Kilroy's videos and the blood streams are absolutely comical.

Also, a slow zombie version would be nice for a more loner-friendly scavenger mode. Edit: But I see how multiple versions aren't terrible feasible, given the persistent world server method.

Edited by maturin

I somehow keep getting the problem where it gets stuck at "Loading" when I join. Is there any way to fix this?

I somehow keep getting the problem where it gets stuck at "Loading" when I join. Is there any way to fix this?

same here.

i keep getting kicked off. i tried the best i can to fix all the mods. even if i just run arma and dayz it kicked me... wtf! i wanna play :(

Are better bleeding effects planned?

..this and: The position which a flare attaches to player its more or less spamming my view.

Isn't any way to tweak this issue?..

p.s GREAT capabilities of this mod

Thank you