Dwarden

User Monetization of BI's games Audio&Video content(YoutTube,Twitch Partnership etc.)

Ok can someone show me a filled out example of the PDF? I just don't know what exactly to put in all the "fill in the blank" spots. Additionally, how can I edit the PDF once I download it to fill the spots in? Are there any free PDF editing programs?

technically all you need fill is date, place Your name prior the first "the applicant" and sign the document

How exactly do we sign the document? Do we have to print it out, sign it, then scan it back in to email it? Or do we just have to put our names down again?

technically all you need fill is date, place Your name prior the first "the applicant" and sign the document

Is this document once signed and a copy sent to BIS good enough to prove to Youtube that it is a legit license in case of a dispute? or would I require more documentation

Edited by SmOOvDoGG
spelling :S

it should be enough for YT and most of disputes, if not then write us for help :)

it should be enough for YT and most of disputes, if not then write us for help :)

Excellent, thanks Dwarden

Where are the mail direcction.

Sorry i'm spansih

taken from 1st post:

5. send to following email(s) to me (yours lovely Community Manager )

David.Foltyn

and copy to our PR staff

Ota.Vrtatko

a.t. @ bistudio d.o.t. com

Can someone send me the full email's i need to send them to i don't get them with out all the stuff.

Can someone explain this in short, as I get an email with this monetization thing almost on a daily basis?

Any reason why this thread have to be global, after this time? Most here know about this by know, and the stickies are already clogging up the thread list. A way to hide individual threads from the list would be nice. I don't like where this is heading, and now I have to be reminded of it anywhere I go? Doesn't belong in most of the forums (according to me), totally off (forum) topic.

carl it's global because it's very important subject and it's not that easy find BI Web/General forum

and i'm sorry that there is no working plugin to ignore threads per user's wish for vB4 ...

i tried alter the v3 one w/o success so far

I think this is fair. If your making money off there game then you should do it.

carl it's global because it's very important subject and it's not that easy find BI Web/General forum

and i'm sorry that there is no working plugin to ignore threads per user's wish for vB4 ...

i tried alter the v3 one w/o success so far

I do acknowledge that curiosity killed the cat, though... is this a global practice - siphoning off of user-created content, albeit with the SDKs that you provide; global in the sense of the genre that you gentlemen compete in, meaning do BF3 devs, as an example, get a cut off every Machinima, that had ever been created?

As a conscious, selfish entity I applaud your efforts at finding extra streams of revenue, which inadvertently results in all sorts of improvements, such as expansion packs, patches and miscellaneous stuff - for the betterment of my own pleasure, of course. ;-)

So. If i understood right - i upload a video with one of BIS games. If it reaches the certain view count and i get offered a partnership, i have to fill in this form, or..?

no, you always send us email, this is about You contact us with announce You going for monetizing of A&V and include the signed document ...

after reaching the $ mark You need contact us again for new license which is not generic anymore but individual per each subject

Someone might have already asked this but I dont have the time to read right now (bout to leave somewhere)...

So If I decide to partner up with youtube so I can upload long video's n stuff and maybe even earn a small profit from them.. can I just send in that Legal note (filled out) and ask if thats it? Like one approval and I can upload videos off the hook? Or must I send them a thingy every time I want to upload an arma video? :butbut:

it's one way system, you announce us with the signed document (and the details i ask in first post)

then You tell Youtube you did that and link them to post #1 in this thread

it's no different from Blizzard legal page or DCS simple post (which is even more simpler than this)

it's one way system, you announce us with the signed document (and the details i ask in first post)

then You tell Youtube you did that and link them to post #1 in this thread

it's no different from Blizzard legal page or DCS simple post (which is even more simpler than this)

Ahh Ok thanks for the help mate.

Hey, if I have sent off a signed document to you guys, and one of my videos which includes visual and audio from one of your games is stolen and reuploaded by someone else - is there anything I can do?

you contact the YT or w/e it's uploaded, it's your A&V work stolen, you need take actions

you contact the YT or w/e it's uploaded, it's your A&V work stolen, you need take actions

Interesting though, as BIS requires a license to be signed for anyone to monetize videos, so wouldn't the thief also be using BIS' stuff without permission?

Abs

The issue here is that when I go to the copyright infringement form, it doesn't allow for 3rd parties (myself, as I am not the copyright holder, but only someone who has permission to use the material) to submit copyright claims. I guess it is something I have to email them about...

I don't know how to solve this..

the two emails that where on the original post they are not working for me i don't know why

Greetings Dwarden and other BI people,

I have recently had a run-in with the YouTube staff. They keep disabling monetization from my videos and I FINALLY got a response from them telling me why. I'll link the e-mails, but the short version of it is:

On this agreement .pdf, at the bottom, they want a Bohemia Representative "signature". The signature can simply be someone from Bohemia's name typed out in the agreement. Would it be possible to have the agreement updated with something like this?

Here are the e-mails, in order:

YouTube Partner Support partner-support@youtube.com

Jun 18 (3 days ago)

to me

Hi,

Your documentation does not appear to give sufficient COMMERCIAL rights

for your video to participate in monetization.

If you would like to learn about what YouTube looks for in your

documentation, refer to

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=2490090. If you

would like to learn about how to read a license to understand your rights,

refer to http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=2490089.

Once you have the appropriate documentation, please email it to us as an

attachment.

Sincerely,

Kinga

The YouTube Team

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

Subject: YouTube Partner Support - Revenue Share Claim

Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 15:23:12 +0000

> It's an ArmA 2 video, and for the 10th time or so, here is my approval.

Is

> there no way I can permanently upload this to my account or simply link

it

> to every video?

>

> AutoDetectedBrowser: Firefox 1

> AutoDetectedOS: Windows 7

> IIILanguage: en

> IssueType: revenue_share

> Language: en

> username: Jester814

> video_id:

> your_name: MacScottie

Jester 814

Jun 19 (2 days ago)

to YouTube

Greetings,

First of all, thank you for the reply.

The first thing I see is that you say that the Bohemia Interactive License does not allow "commercial" use of it's work, but the second paragraph in the license approval explicitly states:

"FOR A WORLDWIDE COMMERCIAL USE OF (“THE WORK“) BASED ON FULL, DEMO VERSIONS OF..."

...and then goes on to state a full list of games which include ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA, the game from which my monetized videos come.

Is that not sufficient comercial rights? It specifically states "for a worldwide commercial use"... I am quite confused. If not, what do I need to request from Bohemia Interactive? i.e. How do they need to word it in their license agreement so that ArmA videos stop getting de-monetised or not approved?

Also, I have attached another copy of their license permission/agreement. Bohemia is absolutely awesome when it comes to it's community and allowing videos from their games to be monetized. I'd like to get this sorted both for myself and for them.

Again, Thank you,

MacScottie

YouTube Partner Support partner-support@youtube.com

4:37 PM (2 hours ago)

to me

Hi MacScottie,

In the "What does YouTube look for in my documentation?" we list "Electronic signature with date. This can be as simple as the rights holder writing out full name at the bottom of the document"

This refers to the rights holder's signature.

Sincerely,

Kinga

The YouTube Team

So they want a signature from the "rights holder" at the bottom of the document. That's you BI. Can you help us out with this? I know you guys already give the community so much and ask for so little in return, but this would really help out the ArmA people that have youtube channels.

Thanks,

MacScottie