Dwarden

User Monetization of BI's games Audio&Video content(YoutTube,Twitch Partnership etc.)

you need wait for new A&V&T license / system into next year ...

DayZ is sort of allowed as long as you don't publish anything what goes against what's in existing license or try damage us ...

we're sorry that new system and license(s) didn't make it live this year

Hi, I just wanted an official answer as to what the rules are for uploading unmonetized DayZ Standalone gameplay footage to YouTube.

I have a small YouTube channel and I want to upload some DayZ Standalone gameplay footage to YouTube via my channel just for fun; at the moment my channel is very small and I am not making any money from my videos. However, if my channel were to get popular I then may consider monetizing the videos (I understand I would then have to get the A&V license that is posted in the first post of this thread if I decided to start monetizing the videos) but for now I will not be monetizing the videos I upload.

Are there any rules for uploading unmonetized DayZ Standalone gameplay footage to YouTube; if so, what are the rules you suggest I follow?

I just wanted to get an official answer before I start uploading my DayZ Standalone gameplay videos.

Thanks.

Edited by MyUsername!

follow for now the same rules just (credits given etc) ...

I just want to make sure I have understood you correctly. All I have to do to upload unmonetized dayz standalone gameplay is give Bohemia Interactive credit for the game in the YouTube description box?

Thanks

I just want to make sure I have understood you correctly. All I have to do to upload unmonetized dayz standalone gameplay is give Bohemia Interactive credit for the game in the YouTube description box?

Thanks

Yup. As long as you don't get any money of those videos it is enough to give credits.

I personally always use the typical BI-screen when I upload a video. ( "This video was created using games.... eca")

you need wait for new A&V&T license / system into next year ...

DayZ is sort of allowed as long as you don't publish anything what goes against what's in existing license or try damage us ...

we're sorry that new system and license(s) didn't make it live this year

Any idea when the new A&V&T license will be available?

still worked on ...

I am wondering: Just including this text will give us automatically the license to monetize content created by Bohemia when connected with content created by ourselves (e.g. audio commentary)?

yes , the rules are simpler, they cover wider range

and are less annoyance for all involved parties (us, content creator and the service)

yes , the rules are simpler, they cover wider range

and are less annoyance for all involved parties (us, content creator and the service)

We all love you :D

The process before was a real pain. But this is a great way to do it. Thanks! :D

I appreciate the effort you are taking to simplify this for everyone. However I have one question regarding the paragraph at the end.

You may make money using your videos of our Game, for instance by putting ads on them, as long as you also add your own unique content to the video, such as an audio commentary. The amount you add must be enough to make it fair and worthwhile for someone to pay for it or for you to make money from it. For example you cannot simply include your logo, web address or indent but you could add an audio commentary or your own music if you are creating a music video.

Does this rule out the monetisation of gameplay videos? Or am I misunderstanding it.

(For the sake of this, when I say gameplay I mean MP gameplay with voice chat over the top of it if that makes any difference)

websites were down, try again

I was kinda confused about the allowing part.

I was told about four to five months ago, that you had to send a document filled out to be able to monetize content. Now it looks like that no longer exists and as long as you add some of your own content "commentary" you are allowed to upload content and make ad revenue from that video (YouTubes partnership program).

Just wanting to make sure the above is correct before I start uploading DayZ Standalone content.

please read the first post again ... these rules in this thread are obsolete, there is universal page with details available

Thanks for the new rules, that sounds a lot easier. But I want to ask more a bit.

From my understanding about unique content, it is not enough for monetization if my video contains just only my playthrough and YouTube annotaions (which can be closed). Am I right?

Well, I don't really mind if I can't make money for them. I just want to make it a little more clearly so I will not make a mistake. I intend to put the credits anyway although I may not making money from it.