Dwarden

User Monetization of BI's games Audio&Video content(YoutTube,Twitch Partnership etc.)

Please read Dwarden's last reply, if you have questions he's the one to ask :)

new PDF with actual titles , my previous posts still do apply ... we don't send anything back to You, it don't work , blame Youtube not us ...

I emailed all of them yesterday hopefully they can reply soon so Youtube can stop bothering me. :D

I emailed all of them yesterday hopefully they can reply soon so Youtube can stop bothering me. :D

Still no reply, hopefully they are still doing this.

:(

Read Dwarden's reply three posts up.

Just use a free PDF editor, there's loads out there, or just us MS Word and do save as PDF.

I'm a little confused, who do we send the PDF to?

And do we also attach it to the email?

you just send the document to us, the emails are in point 5. of first post, we do not sent anything back

...we do not sent anything back

YouTube requires a signed pdf.

What to do?

I just sent in my application. This is the best thing ever. I hope I can upload stuff to YouTube without them harassing me now :D Thank You BI Studios.

Hey, a few questions that im sure are stupid but i want to get right. How do you right on the pdf and what email adressess d oi send the pdf to afterwards?

Hey, a few questions that im sure are stupid but i want to get right. How do you right on the pdf and what email adressess d oi send the pdf to afterwards?

If you read this thread both questions are answered.

Hey guys struggling to find the right answer here so I hope someone can answer it for me. I am a producer on youtube currently have 22k+ subs and I am obviously very excited to get involved in Arma 3.

Now I have searched myself and submitted the form on this thread through to the relevant people. I also already have had my vids retweeted by the official Arma 3 twitter and a couple of Devs following me, so I feel that I have got the seal of approval there from some of the BIS guys thank you for that :D

However on posting my latest video to showcase some of the night vision combat on an invade and annex MP server I have had a couple of subs telling me that this content shouldnt be posted?

I was not aware of anything saying this was the case and if it is the case and BIS want me to remove that content I would obviously do so immediately at their request.

I am really looking for a reply from a BIS mod or dev to tell me if there are any restrictions on specific content from the Arma 3 beta that should not be posted. I always work in a professional way and I have researched before I began making videos but was not aware of any specific restrictions of gametypes or elements in the game that should not be covered in videos. If there are I would really like to know so I can avoid them.

As a new player to the game I am still trying to get my head around which gametypes are which and all the mechanics that are going on lol

Edited by Luetin09

However on posting my latest video to showcase some of the night vision combat on an invade and annex MP server I have had a couple of subs telling me that this content shouldnt be posted?

I was not aware of anything saying this was the case and if it is the case and BIS want me to remove that content I would obviously do so immediately at their request.

The mission isn't Invade and Annex but Domination.

How about simply respecting what the creator of the mission tells you? In this case "You are not allowed to monetize videos made while playing Domination!!!" which is even displayed on the screen for some time after mission start.

It isn't so hard to understand, isn't it?

The mission also uses a Creative Commons non-commercial license which all derivates must use also.

And I guess the following sentence from the first post of this thread is also not that hard to understand:

This doesn't cover anything from user-made content

99% of what people play in Arma MP is user-made content, made by people in their spare time for free, some of that content has eaten up thousands of hours! I guess most Youtube heros do not even know that.

If you want to monetize videos you have to ask all the people involved. And in case of Arma and especially MP most of the time it is not only BIS you need approval from.

So the solution is quite easy, take the video off as I don't think it'll be fun for you if Youtube suspends or removes your channel.

Edit: This whole Youtube and Streaming crap is completely out of control. Not only for the people who make content for the game for free in their spare time but I bet also for BIS as they also don't see any money made from those videos of their game.

Xeno

(totally pissed)

Edited by Xeno

The mission isn't Invade and Annex but Domination.

How about simply respecting what the creator of the mission tells you? In this case "You are not allowed to monetize videos made while playing Domination!!!" which is even displayed on the screen for some time after mission start.

It isn't so hard to understand, isn't it?

The mission also uses a Creative Commons non-commercial license which all derivates must use also.

And I guess the following sentence from the first post of this thread is also not that hard to understand:

This doesn't cover anything from user-made content

99% of what people play in Arma MP is user-made content! I guess most Youtube heros do not even know that.

If you want to monetize videos you have to ask all the people involved. And in case of Arma and especially MP most of the time it is not only BIS you need approval from.

So the solution is quite easy, take the video off as I don't think it'll be fun for you if Youtube suspends or removes your channel.

Edit: This whole Youtube and Streaming crap is completely out of control. Not only for the people who make content for the game for free in their spare time but I bet also for BIS as they also don't see any money made from those videos of their game.

Xeno

(totally pissed)

Hi mate, thanks for your courteous reply.

I think you dont understand that I have never seen that message you say displayed when entering into a game, and I would be happy to record when joining to show this to you.

Also I already received replies from BIS via twitter stating that it was ok to post the content, the reason why I came to ask here again was to get more confirmation because of a couple of people who queried it.

Not to write off your reply but I think I will wait for some official confirmation rather than someone who seems to resent the hard work that youtube producers do.

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

Also additionally if its just a case of getting permission from the creators of mission content thats not going to be difficult as I know now pretty well the guys whos server I mainly play on and I could tell you already they wouldnt have any objections. So I will be talking to them about it.

Also just to point out as you clearly arent aware its unlikely that a youtube account would be suspended it would simply be that the video would be flagged as a copyright match and then I could dispute or remove it.

I'm not going to argue with you. I'll inform Youtube now as I'm the IP holder of the mission.

It's time something happens.

Xeno

I'm not going to argue with you. I'll inform Youtube now as I'm the IP holder of the mission.

Xeno

Fair enough if you are going to be that way I have removed the video. I need to find out more information clearly before I get into working within the Arma community. This is upsetting and disappointing to say the least

I apologise if you feel I have somehow wronged you in anyway but essentially all I was trying to do was to provide good coverage of what is available in Arma 3.

I had no way of knowing who created a mission there was no message on joining the server itself. I will look into this further.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

Additionally.

If this how the Arma community reacts to new players making understandable innocent mistakes I dont think I want to be involved in it.

It seems a huge shame that there is the opportunity for great content sharing and enjoyment by all but instead in my first post which I was very openly asking for guidance instead I get someone straight away trying to shut down my channel.

Quite horrible frankly not what I expected at all when up to this point the Arma community had been extremely friendly and welcoming.

Xeno

Xeno, first of all Luetin is new to the Arma community, so don't jump the gun by reporting a channel that doesn't yet have a complete understanding of the regulations, it was a mere mistake. Second I'm sure what he did was accidental and like he previously said he wasn't aware that he was not able to use the content. Stop acting childish and stop being an internet troll.

AndroidMango

Xeno.

I don't mean to start any sort of war, but you're being horrendously unfair. I'm the creator of Invade & Annex and, while it was based on your mission, it is not your mission; you have no say in whether or not it is shared across whatever medium. I, unlike yourself, believe coverage such as streaming and YouTube videos only aid the ArmA community and publicising the creations we've spent so much time producing should, if anything, make you feel honoured that people are extracting such joy from it.

Now your opinions are your own and you can deal with your own creations as you wish; that is not my concern. However, I severely disagree with your attitude towards a new member of the ArmA community, striking them down when all they were doing was asking, calmly and politely, for more information on sharing regulations. It may not matter to you, but my respect for you as a content creator has rapidly diminished and you're currently seeming to do more harm than good for the ArmA community. As aforementioned, your decisions regarding "protecting" your mission are your own, but there is no cause for you to act so immaturely. Being an unfortunate grandfather of the ArmA community, you're doing a terrible job at representing it.