Dwarden

User Monetization of BI's games Audio&Video content(YoutTube,Twitch Partnership etc.)

i have ArmA content on my youtube, and im not using any partner-program whatoever.

However.... some video's have ADS due to the fact im using licenced music/sound.

since im not in the 'monetizing' program, im in the clear right?

tell that YT staff to contact me, i don't see other companies handing theirs signatures for generic public wide audience either

nor i don't see e.g. blizzard staff signed on theirs AV page ...

Greetings Dwarden and other BI people,

I have recently had a run-in with the YouTube staff. They keep disabling monetization from my videos and I FINALLY got a response from them telling me why. I'll link the e-mails, but the short version of it is:

On this agreement .pdf, at the bottom, they want a Bohemia Representative "signature". The signature can simply be someone from Bohemia's name typed out in the agreement. Would it be possible to have the agreement updated with something like this?

Here are the e-mails, in order:

So they want a signature from the "rights holder" at the bottom of the document. That's you BI. Can you help us out with this? I know you guys already give the community so much and ask for so little in return, but this would really help out the ArmA people that have youtube channels.

Thanks,

MacScottie

Wow that's great you actually were in contact with YT? I failed to get monetization for some of my clear Vanilla ArmA2 videos and I stopped further monetizing actually because of these reasons. Please keep us posted on how this develops :) .

I filled in complaints to the 3 videos but they didn't even bother to answer -.- .

Edited by Icewindo

what is monetization? what does this mean what does it have to do with Arma or youtube or videos? can someone quick explain in 3 words?

Do we normal players need this?

Edited by tremanarch

what is monetization? what does this mean what does it have to do with Arma or youtube or videos? can someone quick explain in 3 words?

Do we normal players need this?

Not unless said player wants to make money off of the video(s) they post.

Wow that's great you actually were in contact with YT? I failed to get monetization for some of my clear Vanilla ArmA2 videos and I stopped further monetizing actually because of these reasons. Please keep us posted on how this develops :) .

I filled in complaints to the 3 videos but they didn't even bother to answer -.- .

Well they just disabled my video again from yesterday for the same reason ><

I just checked my adsense and they have disabled over half my videos from this past month. My ArmA videos have almost 32000 views, but my adsense says only 15000 views. So mad right now.

Well they just disabled my video again from yesterday for the same reason ><

I just checked my adsense and they have disabled over half my videos from this past month. My ArmA videos have almost 32000 views, but my adsense says only 15000 views. So mad right now.

Yep seems like some youtube dude is hitting the keyboard randomly to decide which video to approve and which not.

The funny thing is that that they approved 3 of my vanilla ArmA2 videos without me even sending in the license.

I only attached the license to the complaints when they turned down the other vanilla videos (the complaints they didn't answer to) as there was no way to attach the license before.

That's youtube logic right there.

@rainbird & PuFu

I guess you missed the part where a moderator instructed to not discuss this matter here? The topic is only to be used for questions related to the monetizing, not to discuss the monetizing and what you think of it or whatever!

Do not ignore a moderators instructions please.

Foxhound: Geee, and my post was so thought provoking and relevant to the topic at hand and now it has been banished to electronic internet memory-hole. The internet is truly becoming a wonderful free form of communication :D

But message received loud and clear, sir. No more debating the matter.

Hey, can someone post a filled out copy of the document. I'm not sure what I need to fill in and what i should put :L Would be extremely appreciated

EDIT- Or explain exactly what i need to change and what i need to change it to :)

Edited by SLiiDE

SLiiDE, It won't matter because the document as it is currently isn't accepted by youtube. It will have to be updated first ><

I know BIS doesnt have nothing to do with the YT monetization rejection problem. It seems that its a global problem, many youtubers knows about it. Yesterday, I send like 10 old videos that I have in my channel, and only one was acepted, randomly by the way. Then I send the information and said "GO F* YOURSELF YOUTUBE AND PUT YOUR DIRTY SCAM IN YOUR *SSHOLE" nobody is going to read that anyway

I know BIS doesnt have nothing to do with the YT monetization rejection problem. It seems that its a global problem, many youtubers knows about it. Yesterday, I send like 10 old videos that I have in my channel, and only one was acepted, randomly by the way. Then I send the information and said "GO F* YOURSELF YOUTUBE AND PUT YOUR DIRTY SCAM IN YOUR *SSHOLE" nobody is going to read that anyway

I've also read that but in this specific case we have a clear answer from Youtube for MacScottie about the grounds.

Atleast if BIS renews the license with the information YT says that's missing or youtube sorts it out this will hopefully resolve.

Recently started monetizing my videos. After successfully monetizing 2 videos without having to do anything, 2 other ones were rejected after having to send the documentation. Well that's great, I'm missing some serious revenue here, I'm talking 42.000 views on one of them. Any word on what is causing this?

On a side note; it seems to be related to the length of the videos wether you need to document them or not, the 2 videos that were accepted are under a minute long, the ones that were rejected are over 5 minutes.

Im uploading videos that are atleast 20 minutes each (sometimes 25-35 minutes). Can someone help me with the document on the OP post so i can atleast try and send it to Youtube.

Edited by SLiiDE

|

So what happens when big youtube partners make video's of ArmA 2 with mods involved? Surely it should be the same process, because for these guys, this is they're primary source of income. Tragic/Genius I know.

;2184921']
|

So what happens when big youtube partners make video's of ArmA 2 with mods involved? Surely it should be the same process' date=' because for these guys, this is they're primary source of income. Tragic/Genius I know.[/quote']

Well the YT partners who don't own a license justify this either by saying they do commentaries/reviews or just say they own all right to the content.

And small fish gets harassed by YT.

It can't be justified by saying its a review, they are simply playing together/alone while talking shite... that's all it is, meanwhile the people who have been playing arma and making video's of it for years don't get jack....

I would like to hear dwarden's stance on this.

;2185228']It can't be justified by saying its a review' date=' they are simply playing together/alone while talking shite... that's all it is, meanwhile the people who have been playing arma and making video's of it for years don't get jack....

I would like to hear dwarden's stance on this.[/quote']

I hear you... ArmA isn't the only game where this is happening.

YT usually plays ball though as their get their decent share of every adsense click (of YT partners- since they get alot more clicks). Only when a company would fill in a copyright note they'd take them down. I remember some dude getting his video channel locked for doing monetized "commentaries" on Assasins Creed when he got reported and Ubisoft got wind of it.

And judging from the FAQ commentaries still need a license

Can I monetize my video …

... if I am playing a video game, or doing a walkthrough?

Whether you can use video game content for monetization depends on the commercial use rights granted to you by licenses of video game publishers. Some video game publishers may allow you to use all video game content for commercial use and state that in their license agreements. Videos simply showing game play for extended periods of time may not be accepted for monetization.

... if I am doing a tutorial demonstrating use of a software?

You can monetize videos showing software user interface only if you have a contract with the publisher or you have paid a licensing fee. Otherwise, showing software user interface on your video has to be minimal unless providing instructional or educational value.

[/Quote]

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2490020

Edited by Icewindo

I bet 'YT Partners' get to bypass these rules set. I can't see the likes of yogscast and/or paulsoaresjr making a licence for they're daily uploads. They are making a mint off A. Other peoples work B. Content not owned by them.

It's the same for all these so called Skyrim Mod reviewers, they just pic the hotspot mods and make a video which then gets franchised by the mod maker, thus giving the channel owner youtube partnership eventually. Oh so very angering. What happened to protecting peoples intellectual property.

;2185308']I bet 'YT Partners' get to bypass these rules set. I can't see the likes of yogscast and/or paulsoaresjr making a licence for they're daily uploads. They are making a mint off A. Other peoples work B. Content not owned by them.

It's the same for all these so called Skyrim Mod reviewers' date=' they just pic the hotspot mods and make a video which then gets franchised by the mod maker, thus giving the channel owner youtube partnership eventually. Oh so very angering. What happened to protecting peoples intellectual property.[/quote']

If you want to know how much money they actually make:

€ = [Video Clicks] * CTR * CPC / 100

The CTR (Click Through Rate) is usually 0.05 to 0.07.

CPC (Cents per click) varies between 3-6ct.

Just as I thought, different rules apply to those who are in partnership..........

Ok guys I'll explain from my PoV since I'm in the middle of this:

There are two different types of partnerships on youtube. One directly with youtube, and one through a third party.

I'm currently a youtube partner on my own, meaning that I have to get my OWN license agreements for any games I make videos for. BIS provides this for us, which is awesome of them, but youtube, being the schmucks they are, still won't accept it because of some sort of perceived "technicality". I've posted here and personally emailed Mr. Dwarden to get it resolved and not gotten any response. So I'm screwed from that end.

But, since my channel is doing well, I'm getting partnered with a "station" on youtube. Those include Machinima, TGN, TGS, etc, etc, etc. When you get partnered with one of them, THEY take care of all the licensing BS(and it is BS considering I HAVE a licensing agreement from BIS and they STILL won't accept it), and fortunately that means that once I get partnered with them, I cal make videos for all the games I want and not have to worry about licensing.