Sign in to follow this  
Gunter Severloh

Briefings not showing for missions on gameserver but show when hosted on my computer

Weird - I just played nearly a full round and everything was fine. There is definitely something going on with your local install. What it is has me stumped as we have tried just about everything.

My only suggestion now is a reinstall of Arma - a bit drastic but I am lost for any more solutions!!

When i joined your server the icon on the left was red, normally its green, what does that mean?

i forget.

I dont think i will reinstall, I see no point in doing it, last time I did that I spent almost 4 hours waiting, and it didn't solve anytihng.

As far as I can see the only thing not working for me and my friend is those 5 missions, everything else works like its supposed to.

Its got to be settings of some sort preventing the mission from playing as it should, the mission plays fine when I host, the intros start,

and I can choose a soldier class, and place to spawn, but not on my server or yours.

What othe settings in the game are there that could possibly prevent this missions from running,

because they dont run on my server, only when you connect they do, and they dont run on your server, and only when you connect they do, so I think it has to do with game settings.

I cant be missing any I44 files as the mod runs without problems, all the mpmissions that came with I44 work np both on my server and when hosted.

If your playing and launching those missions from 6 updater, try without, try just from launching a reg game from your shortcut and then connecting.

This is ridiculous, theres someone that has to know something script, or code wise on why these dam missions will not play, its stupid!

Its got to be a matter of settings, because My buddy I play with all the time he has the same exact problem,

he launches the game the same way i do from a shortcut, but he has Win 7 64 bit, I have winxp32bit, so there is no difference.

Heres my shortcut I use to launch the game:

E:\Games\Arma2\arma2oa.exe -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@I44

I have 2 hardrives and E is the drive for all my games (95% OFP & Arma ;) ) and storage.

Hi Gunter,

My launchline is as follows;

"I:\mods\Arma\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -skipintro -nofilepatching -showscripterrors "-malloc=tbb4malloc_bi" "-world=empty" "-name=Jedra" "-mod=e:\games\steamapps\common\arma 2;expansion;i:\mods\arma\expansion\beta;i:\mods\arma\expansion\beta\expansion;i:\mods\arma\@CBA_A2;i:\mods\arma\@CBA_OA;i:\mods\arma\@CBA;i:\mods\arma\@I44;i:\mods\arma\@jed_ess;i:\mods\arma\@JSRS;i:\mods\arma\@ASR_AI" 

My game is installed on the 'i' drive (but symlinked back to the E drive as that's where Steam is - it's licenced through Steam, so I have to do this) and I keep my mods in a separate folder (so they can be shared with Take On Helicopters), which is "i:\mods\arma\".

The game is running from the mods folder because I always run with the latest beta.

I use SixUpdater to launch both my clients and my server.

Hi Gunter sorry I was away for a few days.. replied to your PM. I guess no further resolution?

Well my briefings work, but no matter what its seems the I44 C&H battleground missions will not work only when I host do they play normal.