Sign in to follow this  
TheCrusader

Carrier Command suggestion thread

Hi,

I have to say I enjoy the beta very much so far!

Still there are some small issues with gameplay I came across, which I would like to share, as I felt especially the RTS interface could use a bit more polish to feel as smooth as the Starcraft or C&C one:

• Giving waypoints to docked mantas and ending with a dock waypoint (on the carrier) while the manta is undocking results in the manta immediately docking again, clearing the way-point list. This is counterintuitive and should be changed
  • Assist for mantas and walrusses with suppport function (hook or repair gun) should use the support function on the clicked object. Dropoff points or a "repair anything coming close to that point" function (like a mobile farp) should be activated if the assist click (left shift + left mouse) is clicked on the terrain.
  • The ability to save a given vehicle selection should be available through the F-Keys
  • Mantas with a hook should have an additional PIP view directly downwards when controlled in first person to better aim the hook and dropoff.
  • Mantas should comply to a assist command on a walrus and vice versa, currently mantas only fly to assist mantas and walrusses to walrusses.
  • Double tab of a unit key (1,2,3, etc.) or the possible group selection key (FKey) should center the map on the unit.
  • The carriers main gun should depress further and have a bit longer range to present a viable coastal threat
  • Manta controls should be similar to walrus controls in first person = not holding W should slowly drop speed, while pressing S should actively break. At least as an optional setting.
  • Switching to the strategic carrier view (1) should not pause automated gun fire (only 0 should probably do that)
  • There should be an option in the 0 first person gun view to select cease fire to disable automated targeting. This is for guns wasting ammo on targets they cant hit.
  • "out of range" detonations of weapons could be looking different then "target hit" detonations (for plasma and rockets) as its sometimes hard to tell if a target was hit or the rocket detonated right in front of it.
  • There should be an "all stop" key or command, especially for the carrier

Cheers,

Crusader

p.s.

if there is already an issue tracker or a similar thread which I overlooked please move /merge, thx!

On that note; I'm having trouble accessing the feedback area so who should I contact about that?

did u register with the feedback site if not u need to its a diferent login to forum so u need to create one :-)

Just an idea...

Having spent two whole hours, and I mean that literally, trying to capture an enemy factory island of all things, this would make a wonderful Capture the Flag / Hold Territory game mod.

After all my good equipment got wiped in my first few pushes - all I had left was two walruses with machine guns, and one manta with a laser

Current resource / build levels are too long for attrition fighting like that given the Carrier Command setting - but jesus christ - that was a FUN fight! Inches took minutes. Manta couldn't support the Walruses, everything had to fall back so the Carrier weaponry could wipe the enemy aircraft. All three push back in to knock out the incoming enemy Walruses, retreat to re-arm. Another push....

Game crashes :(

I could have kept that fight going all night - it was so enjoyable!