Sign in to follow this  
Edoardo

How to invite my friend in Desert Ambush ?

Hi guys , i'm new , hope this is the right section :p

I would like to play the Desert Ambush mission in Malden with a my friend but i don't know how to invite him...

I open "Multiplay" , I create a new internet server , I choose Desert Ambush , I click OK and this appears :

2012041300001l.jpg

How can he come in the server ?

Edited by Edoardo

This is one solution :

both of you DL Hamachi-free LAN "emulator",after that create your profile on hamachi,give him name of your network so he can join you...

-and after that you create server

-then he must RIGHT CLICK on your name in Hamachi,select COPY ADRESS.

-then he open OFP,or ArmA CWA,goes to multiplayer,go to LAN,then REMOTE,then PASTE your adress(he can do that by pressing ctrl+V) and click JOIN,

this works for me and couple of my friends when all servers are busy or full...

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS OR DIDN'T UNDERSTAND SOMETHING,SEND ME PM...

btw this should go to MULTIPLAYER section...

Edited by Matteo1944

Just for curiosity , is there another solution too ?

The other solution is for you creating the server to check what is your own IP at the time of server creation and communicate it to your friend, so your friend will have to type the IP after clicking on the "Remote" button in the OFP/CWA browser.

Both of you will have to have adress set to Internet, not LAN in the OFP/CWA browser.

But that method for reason unknown does not work for everyone, it's then possible that despite having set up the IP correctly your friend will never see your server, even if trying to disable his firewall (not recommended).

The most working method is what Matteo said : using Hamachi, it has worked greatly with people that were unable to see each other servers with the IP method.

Hi guys , i'm new , hope this is the right section :p

I would like to play the Desert Ambush mission in Malden with a my friend but i don't know how to invite him...

I open "Multiplay" , I create a new internet server , I choose Desert Ambush , I click OK and this appears :

How can he come in the server ?

best solution if u both join to our server and if its empty choose this mission above or u can anytime ask admin to choose it for u :)

server info and addons for some missions:

www.nakedsquid.com

cu

Thanks Incubus.

I was wondering if :

Are 1.96 servers compatible with 1.99 ones ?

But that method for reason unknown does not work for everyone, it's then possible that despite having set up the IP correctly your friend will never see your server, even if trying to disable his firewall (not recommended).

Most likely cause is the crappy Windows Firewall that unfortunately many people do not have disabled by default.

Thanks Incubus.

I was wondering if :

Are 1.96 servers compatible with 1.99 ones ?

sadly no as Matteo said, but u can downgrade ur game somehow as far as i know.

theres not many 1.99 server in air. esp. 5 active atm.