Sign in to follow this  
Liaven

Helicopter is too broken problem

Hi

I can't start the whales contract because at the begining, 1 second after the mission start, the message 'Helicopter is too broken' apears. I tried to repair the helicoper with the maintain option paying maintenance costs, but the blades are still broken all over the place.

There two persons with the same problem (I can't post links):

showthread.php?132301-Serious-Career-Profile-Bug-My-heli-s-blades-just-fall-off

showthread.php?129844-Helicopter-blades-shatter-mission-9

Please I need help!

Hi, could you please send us your user profile? It's located in your My Documents folder, in the Take On Helicopters sub folder. The files in question are <YourName>.TakeOnHProfile and <YourName>..vars.TakeOnHProfile. Please ZIP them and send them via an upload service, or to support@bistudio.com. Thanks!

Same problem here. I left my chopper with the engine running at the clients place in "The Deal". On return it was gone. Which was not a problem then, since the mission beams you back home after dropping the customer.

But afterwards the helicopter stands in my hangar without blades and there seems no way to repair that damage.

Is there a (hidden?) way to repair the helicopter or to revert the career?

I have exact the same problem. I came back from my second "Flashback/War" mission and now i have to fly to hayden again. Well i cant even start to fly, because as soon as the loading screen is done and i press start in my briefing screen i see myself sitting in the helicopter, the rotors are flying around and the message "your helicopter is too heavyly damaged" pops up (In german, because i use the german languane).

I really hope there will be help from you guys, cause actually i cant play it anymore and that sucks big time. I really enjoyed it - bought it yesterday and now this. :-( very disapointing.

Really no answer? I mean its a huge bug - because i can't play the career anymore! I sent the files DnA requestet to that email account. I hope it helps. I tryed disabling the damage in the options and i already repaired my heli before i start the mission. Nothing helps. I really hope anybody looks over this.

Did this issue get solved?

I only started playing again recently. I tipped the chopper in the Deal mission but still completed it. Now after the flashback story, the new mission ends the second its starts, as explained by others above. I remember in arma 2 you could just revert to an earlier mission but you can't in TOH.

Don't feel too great about having to start again, esp. that stupid whale mission...

Is there no level skip cheat? No savegame I could download?

Thanks

Edited by shills
throwin in ideas

There was a way to skip levels in ArmA, so I'm presuming it works for ToH. Not at home at the moment so can't test for sure. Will do later.

If you hold down left shift and press numpad - (minus) then type endmission, you should be able to skip the level. It'll claim you failed but you should be able to advance. Nothing will appear on screen when you type the code, so don't worry about that.

Hopefully that helps but I'm not 100% sure at the moment. As to a solution rather then a workaround, I have no idea I'm afraid.

The only solution I found, was to start over with the campaign... and to make a copy of the savegame after each mission, since there seems to be no way to revert like in Arma 2.

This problem still hasn't been fixed? It just happened to me today.

Now this is disappointing. The game has been out for 2 years and this is a game-breaking bug.

I had the same problem but i solved it by selling the broken helicopter and buying a new one.

Alright I need to bump this again as I am also stuck in the campaign because of money. I sold the heavy one before the mission as I thought that I might first try the medium one instead of jumping straight into the heavy ones (without any tutorial btw), so I sold the red Vrana corp one that just appeared on my heliport and bought a medium one just to find that I cannot do the mission with it and neither revert it back. I can revert back the missions but not my cash and heliport status?? I think this really needs to be fixed.

I would be glad if someone finally found some money bug which would help me fix this, I somewhere saw that "x call bis_fnc_heliportmoneyadd;" where x is how much money you want added will give you how much you need, but it just shows "$ any" in the upper right corner of a mission where I edit it at...

You know in the campaign you have got

a light helicopter, a medium helicopter and a heavy helicopter

. You don't have to buy anything. Each mission needs a specific helicopter, so you should not buy or sell anything for your sake.

Now that you have, maybe you can go to your profile folder and change the amount of money you currently have. By doing this you will have enough money to reverse things.

If you can't and I can't, then you will most likely have to restart the campaign.

Or you can copy paste a profile from another player so as for all the missions to be unblocked.

If I think of anything else I will be back.

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast

i just delet my <your name>.TakeonHProfile and <your name>.vars.TakeonHProfile under Documents: Take on Helicopters: and start the program again and every thing was ok ;):cool::bounce3:

Hi

I can't start the whales contract because at the begining, 1 second after the mission start, the message 'Helicopter is too broken' apears. I tried to repair the helicoper with the maintain option paying maintenance costs, but the blades are still broken all over the place.

There two persons with the same problem (I can't post links):

showthread.php?132301-Serious-Career-Profile-Bug-My-heli-s-blades-just-fall-off

showthread.php?129844-Helicopter-blades-shatter-mission-9

Please I need help!