Sign in to follow this  
javelin10

What do you think of the Carrier control method?

I don't mind the radical menu so much but due to the drop in mouse performance from Windows to the game it makes the entire control system seem sluggish. While Walrus and Manta are nimble enough using the assigned keys all the controls for the carrier seem sluggish and unresponsive.

I know the carrier is suppose to be slow and lumbering but even the menus and radial menu have the feeling of being unresponsive.

The death zone is much too high. like all Arma Games by the way. still when u reduce the floating to a minimum its not really direct.

Thats BIS! i can live with that (so i do like OFP) but many others wont i guess.

the pathfinding is bad atm. i hope they improve the AI and add some waypoint orders. thats what the game makes so much fun. use all your cap for a strategic attack.

Controls... OK, I generally LIKE the idea of thrusters for carrier maneuvering... and I think I picked it up pretty fast... though there is something odd about the behavior that I can't quite grasp yet... I like the graphic that shows what the thrusters are doing. Personally, I like the fact that it's a futuristic rudderless machine, and I think I can do fine with it, although like I say, there is something still odd with the control model. I'll try to figure out what it is.

One of the things was that I was seeing control interferes with by the carrier scraping bottom... I think that if there was a much louder sound/rumble when touching bottom, it would help to alert the user that there is more going on than simple control.

But generally, I like where they are going with this.

RS

I don't have much of a problem with it. I I WOULD like to be able to have the defense turrets active while I am Driving, but I guess the enemy carrier has to have some advantages.