Sign in to follow this  
MJSsge

New to PC gaming - Interested in Arma 2, some advice pls.

Hi,

Im new to high end pc gaming, Ive been console gaming since the 1970's and play a game called Starport on PC.

I have been looking for something challenging to play with a mature player base and stumbled across Arma and was deeply curious.

I want to invest in a gaming pc with i7 processor, i.e. something which will have plenty capacity to cope with pc gaming for a couple of years.

I dont want to make a mistake buying e.g. an alienware pc or similar if I can get something less well known but just as capable (better vfm).

I have done my checking re: system requirements and am not being lazy.

If u could suggest 3 gaming pc's you recommend - for running arma2 and the forthcoming arma 3 I will be really appreciative.

Thanku for reading my post

MJSsge[/b]

Edited by Max Power

Hello, welcome to BIS forums.

Few things before you start, is:

1 dont type in all capital letters -->

§12) Do not type in all capital letters, all bold, or in a non-black font

Typing in all caps equates (according to standard net etiquette) to yelling. It is also difficult and obnoxious to read such posts. This also applies to posting all in bold or all in a certain font colour just to try to make your words stand out, if your point is interesting enough or well written enough it will stand out. You're welcome of course to use different colors for parts of your post if it helps clarify certain areas, but typing complete messages in any color other than black should be avoided.

2.& 3 search before you post-->

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before.

There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

§8) Post in the right forum

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator.

I know your new but as a moderator might say you had agreed to the forums rules when you accepted.

As for what your looking for this would be the most appropriate thread for what your asking in terms of computers ect,.

Thread: Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?72181-Will-my-PC-Run-this-What-CPU-GPU-to-get-What-settings-System-Specifications

also your in the Arma1 thread, Arma2 is the next forum up.

Use this link for BIS forums, it lists all the forums, with OFP on the bottom, and Arma3 at the top:

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?4-BI-MILITARY-GAMES-FORUMS

hope that helps.

Hi,

Im new to high end pc gaming, Ive been console gaming since the 1970's and play a game called Starport on PC.

I have been looking for something challenging to play with a mature player base and stumbled across Arma and was deeply curious.

I want to invest in a gaming pc with i7 processor, i.e. something which will have plenty capacity to cope with pc gaming for a couple of years.

I dont want to make a mistake buying e.g. an alienware pc or similar if I can get something less well known but just as capable (better vfm).

I have done my checking re: system requirements and am not being lazy.

If u could suggest 3 gaming pc's you recommend - for running arma2 and the forthcoming arma 3 I will be really appreciative.

Thanku for reading my post

MJSsge[/b]

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please, no need to yell, we are not deaf ;)

In general, this game is fairly complex, nuanced, and idiosyncratic. There is a learning curve that requires some patience. New players who come in from games where caution is not the word of the day sometimes can get frustrated. That said, it is incredibly large and has virtually limitless opportunities for new things. The mission editor is very powerful, so mission making guys can create and share games and play modes that were never intended in the original product, and the addon making community certainly produces enough new content to keep you entertained. If this sounds like something you want to spend some time breaking in to, I have no doubt you will have an excellent time.

As Gunter Severloh has pointed out, there are a few open threads with the information you may be looking for. Please don't hesitate to ask questions there.

Closing...