Sign in to follow this  
ru_disa

Auto Hover question - is it realistic?

Yah well, i could not get a Saitek or Thrustmaster stick anywhere when i bought mine. Only after buying per chance did i notice a Thrustmaster buried away in a gamin store. Too late now. But my stick does not have force back. I have non force feedback one. THis one

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/joysticks/291

It's not the most expensive but surely it should get me there?

---------- Post added at 16:25 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

Oops am i allowed to put a url in these forums, cant remember.

So how do you guys manage to keep the helicopter steady / hovering just above the ground. Also how come every time i try to land it wants to go backwards. It's so damn hard trying to land softly and not moving over the place. I mean i try and keep the ball centred but it just moves around all over. I cannot think that practising will make this any easier at this stage of my experience. :confused:

Hello. Use the ball only if do not have any other visual helper, horizon, building... I just tried to hover a bit after some weeks without flying in TOH and.. Woah it's really hard. I would like so much to try a real helicopter setup joystick. :butbut: Yep.. We're all limited by our cheap setup.

You have to counter everytime. Anticipate every move.. Practice..

1YnDTQ3kGqI?hd=1

So how do you guys manage to keep the helicopter steady / hovering just above the ground. Also how come every time i try to land it wants to go backwards. It's so damn hard trying to land softly and not moving over the place. I mean i try and keep the ball centred but it just moves around all over. I cannot think that practising will make this any easier at this stage of my experience. :confused:

Yea, as hon0 said. I don't use the ball at all. And how we manage to keep helicopter steady? I assure and encourage you, it IS only a matter of practise. There is no magic in it.

Yep. Question. Is there a way to modify these setting as I've done on the CU3?

<FCSComponent type="FCSRotationDamper">
     <YawController P="0.2" D="0"/>
     <PitchController P="0.2" D="0"/>
     <RollController P="0.2" D="0.00"/>
   </FCSComponent>

Can't find the .XML of the flight model.

Thanks in advance ! It was a great changement in my opinion. And I don't use the auto trim.. So.. No problem.

Well i got my Freetrack setup working last night and it helps alot with regards to landing and taking off. I hear what you guys are saying about practise. My only real frustration is landing, even in an open area, not landing going sideways or backwards or forwards as is happeing. That cow herding video of BeePee really inspired me, but how the hell did you land so smoothly and got the helicopter to slow down at such a low altitude, wow...

Watching hon0's video now, i see you guys also dont use the green marker, keeping it as real as possible. wow...

and another thing how did you get to fly in that map? I thought one can only fly in Seattle and South Asia area's?

Edited by Wurnman
adding more text.

Does this outlook on it help you:

-just like you train to do an autorotate landing you're going to train to fly without autohover, in the real world

Why? Because systems fail. You'd better not NEED it to fly.

However, you're playing TOH, not a hardcore sim. Do what you find most fun. Do you like the challenge of flying without it? Good. Is it more enjoyable and less work with it? Good.

You're playing a game to enjoy your free time. Don't measure up to some imaginary community's standards in the interwebz.