Sign in to follow this  
Wh1sper

Research: erlenmeyer flask

Ón a neutral Island you can find an erlenmeyer flask icon.

Seems to be an interesting Research which one can recover.

But how? With a walrus aiming and using "f" I had no luck.

Must be the island belong to my empire, or is it a bug?

I believe this will be part of the full game, as in when you first start you will need to research before you can buy better weapons ect.

I have had this when taking over a enemy island and it just said I already have the technology or something similar as everything is available bar the hammerhead. Using f to activate it worked for me but it may well be different when you already own the island.

I found this flask symbol twice so far, always on a snow island. This leads me to believe that it will give you access to biome specific upgrades, so that your vehicles handle better in snow environments, for example. :)

I found this flask symbol twice so far, always on a snow island. This leads me to believe that it will give you access to biome specific upgrades, so that your vehicles handle better in snow environments, for example. :)

Speaking of snowy environments, do not ever try to attack an island in the middle of the night in a blizzard. I had to learn the hard way :(

Speaking of snowy environments, do not ever try to attack an island in the middle of the night in a blizzard. I had to learn the hard way :(

I managed it ok, actually. :D

It's amazing how atmospheric the game can be though.

That does make more sense than what I previously wrote, I have seen on the vehicle equip screen symbols for snow ect it might have even said upgrades but I can't remember ATM

Yeah there is an Upgrades tab on the vehicle screen with icons for Water, Ice and Fire. In cockpit view you get an icon depicting current conditions.

I am assuming we begin with all upgrades in the Beta but will have to earn them at release. Ice builds up on the screen for instance, but we get a clear patch and can still see. Without the upgrade, you'd probably have to get out and scrape :)

The manual included in the beta talks about how if you capture an enemy island, you can get new items to produce... See the end of section 1.3:

"•Congratulations – You have captured the island. The items and blueprints are transferred to your carrier. Be sure to check your Production to see what new items you can manufacture."

I believe this will be part of the full game, as in when you first start you will need to research before you can buy better weapons ect.

I have had this when taking over a enemy island and it just said I already have the technology or something similar as everything is available bar the hammerhead. Using f to activate it worked for me but it may well be different when you already own the island.

If, because of Beta we already own all research, it is ok. Hopefully will someone from BIS anwer this?

btw: Bugid: 0000194