Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Take On Helicopters Beta Patch 91543

Neat :) How does it fly? Are strong winds a problem?

Neat :) How does it fly? Are strong winds a problem?

Not very realistic but nice, Air file is from Arma (elementh from Jade Groove map) for sure but big fun :) .

This is why beta testing should be left to the pros. I can't get any of the Arma2Free content, namely Chenarus. Looking forward to the release version.

I get the following error: "Cannot open file c:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 Free\\dta\bin.pbo"

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Ahh, I got it. As you may have guessed, 1 too many "\"s.

Edited by Ericinexile

Glad to hear you got it working Ericinexile :)

The next beta patch/the full patch will have auto detection. :bounce3:

Has anybody experienced disappearing cockpits (entire mesh or just seeing all textures as white surfaces) in this beta patch?

Has anybody experienced disappearing cockpits (entire mesh or just seeing all textures as white surfaces) in this beta patch?

Yes - it happens a lot still. I did not see it in the patch notes, so I assumed you were still working on it - hence I never mentioned it.

Anyway with the patch it still happens in ToH, ToH:Hinds and ToH:ReArmed.

quite often and if i fly a a10 in tkoh rearmed it also happens occassionally.

Yes - it happens a lot still. I did not see it in the patch notes, so I assumed you were still working on it - hence I never mentioned it.

Ok, we'll release another beta patch soon to test our more recent version alleviates it. In-house that newer version does not show it on the few PCs that did before, but we cannot know for sure it does for you :(

Pardon me if I am calling the impossible a bug but I have never played ArmA.

I tried making a very simple mission with two bad guys on the little island just offshore from Chenarus. I then wanted to fly a light with some friendlies to the island, disembark, and kill the bad guys. But the US Army riflemen are unarmed. So I made us Marines instead. But everytime I have the pilot get out of the light and I click the little "steering wheel" logo to take the pilot seat, the game crashes.

Can you please post the mission Ericinexile for me to take a look.

Pardon me if I am calling the impossible a bug but I have never played ArmA.

I tried making a very simple mission with two bad guys on the little island just offshore from Chenarus. I then wanted to fly a light with some friendlies to the island, disembark, and kill the bad guys. But the US Army riflemen are unarmed. So I made us Marines instead. But everytime I have the pilot get out of the light and I click the little "steering wheel" logo to take the pilot seat, the game crashes.

I get no crashes when I enter the light as pilot using your mission.

Ok thanks. I get it every time. I changed the rifles and light helo to ION and it works fine. But USMC crashes every time. Maybe because I am using ARMA 2 Free?

Will do. But it will be a few days. Currently flying. Another detail is that I played the mission from Preview in the editor.

To follow up on my error. I purchase ArmA2 (not free) and had the same problem. Cannot find any file called TakeonH.rpt.

Assuming you are windows 7 the takeonh.rpt file will be at;

c:\users\[yourwindowsusername\appdata\local\Take On Helicopters\takeonh.rpt

You may have to un-hide system files to see the appdata folder if you haven't already done so. If you are unsure of how to do this then check this page (first one I found in Google!).

These modlines look fine Ericinexile:

"-mod=c:\Program files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 Free;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters;Hinds;beta"

"-mod=c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters;Hinds;beta"

Can you please create a hashlist of your TKOH folder and upload the file.

Here is a tool to easily create it: http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/

RMB on the TKOH folder and select "create hash file".

Other than that create a dev heaven account and post your crash data here please:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/toh-cit/issues/new

For more info see: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT#How-to-report-a-crash

Im a bit puzzled .. you guys keep refering to a beta folder in TOH..

Ive installed TOH 1.05 and the patch but i get no beta folder??

Im a bit puzzled .. you guys keep refering to a beta folder in TOH..

Ive installed TOH 1.05 and the patch but i get no beta folder??

A patch will not create a beta folder as it patches the original install. Only an actual beta will create the beta folder. When you install a patch there is no going back (other than a complete reinstall) as it replaces the original content. A beta can be run alongside the main install hence it is installed in a separate beta folder.

The usual turn of events is something like this;

beta

beta

beta

Patch Release Candidate

Patch Retail Release

beta

beta... etc etc

You could define a patch as a major milestone which is distributed to the public and is officially supported. Beta's are not distributed, but made available to test should you wish to do so (which I heartily encourage you to do so).