Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Take On Helicopters Beta Patch 91543

a few notes after playing the beta - its pretty damn good. smoke grenades seem to be affected by TKOH wind. there seems to be 0 aimprecision/gun wobble and even if i try protegimus' gun wobble script nothing changes. infantry animations seem to be faster. colors are much more vibrant. i can hear planes often. cba causes boat module not to be found (i was using cba to see if i could get ACE2 working but nope).

i am really enjoying this. thanks BIS. cant wait till some smart person mods the apache with the heli model (if thats even possible) or uses the pip for weapon sights.

a few notes after playing the beta - its pretty damn good. smoke grenades seem to be affected by TKOH wind. there seems to be 0 aimprecision/gun wobble and even if i try protegimus' gun wobble script nothing changes. infantry animations seem to be faster. colors are much more vibrant. i can hear planes often. cba causes boat module not to be found (i was using cba to see if i could get ACE2 working but nope).

i am really enjoying this. thanks BIS. cant wait till some smart person mods the apache with the heli model (if thats even possible) or uses the pip for weapon sights.

Not tried it myself yet, but did you try ACE with CBA_TOH?

i was using cba to see if i could get ACE2 working but nope

Works fine here with OA/CO CBA... Just the main menu needs some love and some other UI elements.

TOH specific things/vehicles are of course missing with the OA/CO CBA version (XEH, TOH functions, etc).

Xeno

Great job, BI. Tried it for a while stuff works great, however, because the A2 Units aren´t made for TOH scale maps, there´s a few hitches. Some features/weapons also refuse to work, and some weapons do not trigger overhead radar warnings.

When flying attack planes, the Missles burn out quickly. Especially the SU-25 and SU-35 will actually, when attacking at top speed, -overtake- their missles a short while after firing them. The missles also are range limited and disappear after a short distance, limiting the range on the weapons severely. Can this be changed? (Top speed and time-to-disappear) Top speeds for missles like the Hellfire are also rather low.

AI AA Guns (ZSU-23/2, ZSU-24 Shilka and Tunguska) do not fire at Helicopters and Planes unless they´re extremely close. Shilka and Tunguska also do not pick up targets at long ranges, making it easy to pick them off at range using hellfires.

Tunguska AA missles are ignored by the RWR and do not seem to be affected by countermeasures.

Javelin does not work.

I´ve not tested the TOWs and the Metis. Tanks work excellently up to about 1500 meters of range. Engagements happen at pretty realistic ranges, making big tank battles on the plains of the south asia map a blast.

In general, I am pretty pleased with this. I know TOH isn´t a combat sim, but if you could fix up the little things that don´t work with the linked up A2/OA right now, time permitting, it´d be even more awesome.

Cheerio

Insta

Works fine here with OA/CO CBA... Just the main menu needs some love and some other UI elements.

TOH specific things/vehicles are of course missing with the OA/CO CBA version (XEH, TOH functions, etc).

Xeno

brilliant news. so not to derail the thread but all that's needed is a TKOH/ACE2 compatibale CBA and then it's all go? excellent.

one thing i noticed in this tkoh beta that has been fixed in arma2 beta is the texture fighting on mid ground objects where one texture then another flashes very quickly.

This is brilliant, I've been having a blast playing with military units on the South Asia map. Realistic engagement ranges really open up a whole new side of Arma2 that I haven't been able to enjoy before. Being able to line up a strafing run in the A10 6km out, popping up and firing a Hellfire from 3km away, huge armor battles with tanks slogging it out from thousands of meters... It's just awesome. Got ACE mostly working with the TOH CBA, some of the features, like the tank laser ranging, crash the game to desktop, but hopefully these things get ironed out.

open a notepad file and put your shortcut in that...

"F:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\beta\takeonh.exe" "-mod=F:\Program files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2;F:\Program files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\Expansion;F:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters;F:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\Hinds;F:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\beta" -nosplash

Should look something(change to your own directory structure) like above...

Then save the file to your game folder and name it as "takeonBetarearmedStart.bat"

Notice its got a .bat extension and not .txt

Thats all there is to it.

All you do is run the .bat file to start your game.

Xeno

hi xeno. i am not able still to get ace working properly. could you please share your command line so i can try copy or at least learn from it.

this is the bat i am using.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\beta\takeonh.exe" "-mod=c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\CBA;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\ACE;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\ACEx;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\ACEX_RU;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\ACEX_SM;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\Expansion;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\Hinds;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\beta" -nosplash

i get no ACE features .

Edited by twisted

I know TOH isn´t a combat sim,

Why they are doing a compatibilty patch with arma content, then?

open a notepad file and put your shortcut in that...
"F:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\beta\takeonh.exe" "-mod=F:\Program files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2;F:\Program files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\Expansion;F:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters;F:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\Hinds;F:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\beta" -nosplash

Should look something(change to your own directory structure) like above...

Then save the file to your game folder and name it as "takeonBetarearmedStart.bat"

Notice its got a .bat extension and not .txt

Thats all there is to it.

All you do is run the .bat file to start your game.

When I run the bat file as you have it set up, I get an error message... No Entry '.profilePathDefault'. I have to re configure the whole game every time I play. What am i doing wrong?

crawl55 post your paths to the different games to let people give you the exact path you need. :)

Hi crawl55,

I had the same issue - try to use standard "takeonh.exe" instead of "beta\takeonh.exe"

No please dont. The "takeonh.exe" does not have critical fixes needed. Only the next full patch will support Rearmed fully. :)

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

@ InstaGoat

The issues in long range combat and engagements are general Arma issues/misconfigured or badly configured units.

This project might be able to sort these: Community Helicopter Initiative MOD (CHI)

When I run the bat file as you have it set up, I get an error message... No Entry '.profilePathDefault'. I have to re configure the whole game every time I play. What am i doing wrong?

i had similar problem. Solved it by putting the batch file in my TKOH directory. try that and i hope that helps you.

on another note - i find that ambient plane or ambient helicopter module gives an error when used in takistan. the error is worldsize not set for takstan or something similar.

Edited by twisted

can you post a simple demo mission for that error please twisted :)

Sunday.. 0800. And PvpScene is already in da place ;)

with pleasure man.

its simply a hind plus ambient helicopter module on takistan.

my bat file to start tkoh is situated in the TKOH directory and is

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\beta\takeonh.exe" "-mod=c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\CBA_OA;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\CBA_TOH;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\ACE;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\ACEx;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\ACEX_RU;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\ACEX_SM;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\Expansion;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\CBA;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\CBA_A2;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\Hinds;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\beta" -nosplash

but note that the ace features or units are not present or functioning.

and teh mission is

version=11;

class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

"hsim_air_h_dlc1_hind",

"hsim_functions_h",

"takistan"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"hsim_air_h_dlc1_hind",

"hsim_functions_h",

"takistan"

};

randomSeed=3793221;

class Intel

{

startWeather=0.40000001;

startWind=0.1;

forecastWeather=0.40000001;

forecastWind=0.1;

year=2009;

day=28;

hour=16;

minute=20;

};

class Groups

{

items=2;

class Item0

{

side="GUER";

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={7818.667,296.04001,1656.1904};

id=0;

side="GUER";

vehicle="Mi24V_S13_137_0_H_DLC1";

player="PLAYER DRIVER";

leader=1;

skill=0.60000002;

};

};

};

class Item1

{

side="LOGIC";

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={8510.4756,299.09189,2111.8103};

id=1;

side="LOGIC";

vehicle="AmbientHelicopters";

leader=1;

lock="UNLOCKED";

skill=0.60000002;

};

};

};

};

};

class Intro

{

addOns[]=

{

"takistan"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"takistan"

};

randomSeed=8727028;

class Intel

{

startWeather=0.40000001;

startWind=0.1;

forecastWind=0.1;

year=2009;

day=28;

hour=16;

minute=20;

};

};

class OutroWin

{

addOns[]=

{

"takistan"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"takistan"

};

randomSeed=7938635;

class Intel

{

startWeather=0.40000001;

startWind=0.1;

forecastWind=0.1;

year=2009;

day=28;

hour=16;

minute=20;

};

};

class OutroLoose

{

addOns[]=

{

"takistan"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"takistan"

};

randomSeed=10996347;

class Intel

{

startWeather=0.40000001;

startWind=0.1;

forecastWind=0.1;

year=2009;

day=28;

hour=16;

minute=20;

};

};

amazing initiative this. and thanks for putting your hand up to help.

@Twisted; use the newly released CBA version; https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30318

Full ACE support for TOH rearmed is under way.

i am. thanks very much for such lightning fast releases man. but rereading your release notes i see the actual order the mods must be in is different. i will try it like this beta\takeonh.exe -noFilePatching -window -noSplash "-mod=C:\games\arma2;C:\games\arma 2;C:\games\arma 2\expansion;F:\take on helicopters;beta;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA_TOH;@ACE"

Roger - NP :) Double check the RPT to review the CBA_VERSIONING entry, and confirm e.g ACE is listed as loaded as well.