Sign in to follow this  
rubberkite

WARFARE BE2 *Rubber Ed*

We tested out v15.20 last night, and were very pleased with it! One thing we found at the end of the game was that the AI commander didn't build any buildings. Only the MHQ was deployed, as a result the opposition was only able to capture 3 towns by the end of the game. Is this pretty much a TvT map?

We tested out v15.20 last night, and were very pleased with it! One thing we found at the end of the game was that the AI commander didn't build any buildings. Only the MHQ was deployed, as a result the opposition was only able to capture 3 towns by the end of the game. Is this pretty much a TvT map?

Hi skadog,

My focus is for team vs team, with great PVP, I organized each year since 4 years a warfare tournament, this is the main goal for me cause also if AI is nice with ASR_AI and UPSMON, is still far far away from human brain, but, I realized that there is people that like to play against AI, so I will release a version with build 16, with a bit of attention on AI commander, this means a completely reworked default parameters.

I checked now the 15.20 and AI Commander is working fine, he build all base structures, all upgrade from Barracks to Air Factory, the problem is that some starting location are too close to the town, and my default parameter for the league is 1000m town protection range, so if MHQ is inside this area I noticed that is not working. Build 15.20 is 16 RC3 I keep the name under 16 until the final release, but I am really close to finish all the task, so a bit of patience and I will release a package with also AI Commander version.

If u want to have fun with build 15.20 u have to do that:

change town protection from 1000m to 600m by the parameters (remember that in my version town activation is 600m and town is activated 400m this to prevent unit spawn around you when you activate the town... I just love that if u use territorial link u will notice that there are 2 circle orange border and orange solid the thin border is the activation... the solid circle is the town area where ai spawn and patrol, here the parameters that u need to change:

1 change ai squad + ai commander to YES they are default off

2 change peace time to 0 disabled cause Ai squad doesn't know about peace time, this is for pvp intense war to avoid to fight all the time on same town

3 change all camp needed to capture the town, this also is not good cause AI will not attack strong points

5 give 2x money/supply to AI side ( they are not "clever" as human) so give them more starting founds/supply to have a better challenge.

I will check better the parameters and as promised I will release a version tweaked for AI commander

I just checked now and AI comm is nice he build all structures, and protection walls, plus is also building base defenses he should also move the base during the game but I never tried if that works I need to check also that for B16 AI Commander edition.

@ALL

Yesterday we played on fallujah 1st test and is really great map "Urban Warfare"

I will quick fix the minor problem that we founded then I release also that today!

Cheers

If u want to have fun with build 15.20 u have to do that:

change town protection from 1000m to 600m by the parameters (remember that in my version town activation is 600m and town is activated 400m this to prevent unit spawn around you when you activate the town... I just love that if u use territorial link u will notice that there are 2 circle orange border and orange solid the thin border is the activation... the solid circle is the town area where ai spawn and patrol, here the parameters that u need to change:

1 change ai squad + ai commander to YES they are default off

2 change peace time to 0 disabled cause Ai squad doesn't know about peace time, this is for pvp intense war to avoid to fight all the time on same town

3 change all camp needed to capture the town, this also is not good cause AI will not attack strong points

5 give 2x money/supply to AI side ( they are not "clever" as human) so give them more starting founds/supply to have a better challenge.

I will check better the parameters and as promised I will release a version tweaked for AI commander

I just checked now and AI comm is nice he build all structures, and protection walls, plus is also building base defenses he should also move the base during the game but I never tried if that works I need to check also that for B16 AI Commander edition.

We tested again yesterday again, playing arround with the parameters some and discovered the town protection range was the problem. Already knew about the ai being off, and the towns switched to unit threshold, we routinely give the AI more money/supply, also making the Occupation the most dificult. The next time we'll disable the peace time. Thanks man, great Warfare! Do you have more maps? Also I was wondering how well the AI handles upgrades, if not well, is there is a way to set one side to have all of the upgrades?

We tested again yesterday again, playing arround with the parameters some and discovered the town protection range was the problem. Already knew about the ai being off, and the towns switched to unit threshold, we routinely give the AI more money/supply, also making the Occupation the most dificult. The next time we'll disable the peace time. Thanks man, great Warfare! Do you have more maps? Also I was wondering how well the AI handles upgrades, if not well, is there is a way to set one side to have all of the upgrades?

Yes AI is handling upgrades really well now (after build 15.20)

if u want u can disable the upgrade trough parameter:

gameplay Upgrades East

gameplay Upgrades West

If u want to see with your eyes, just give money and supply then vote ai commander and watch it building all base, fortifications, upgrades from B to AF ;)

about more maps, I just start to convert on more islands and fallujah this time is the first that get the conversion, I will upload it soon I was fixing some bugs, now looks like ready to be released...

If you disable the upgrades for one side, do they automatically recieve all upgrades or are they at the starting level with no possibility to recieve further units and equipment?

Also I seem to recall UAV, Fast Travel, Artillary, and Paratroops, but I don't recall seeing it but are there CAS and Helicpter Transport, in the "Tactical" assets menu available for purchase, is that possible? I believe I saw a scipt for this one time or another.

Good news about the maps and thank you. Fallujah is one of my favorite maps, I'd like to play on Chenarus and Zargabad as well. Any thoughts on making a couple of i44 versions also? That would be amazing!

Edited by skadog

If you disable the upgrades for one side, do they automatically recieve all upgrades or are they at the starting level with no possibility to recieve further units and equipment?

Also I seem to recall UAV, Fast Travel, Artillary, and Paratroops, but I don't recall seeing it but are there CAS and Helicopter Transport, in the "Tactical" assets menu available for purchase, is that possible? I believe I saw a scipt for this one time or another.

Good news about the maps and thank you. Fallujah is one of my favorite maps, I'd like to play on Chenarus and Zargabad as well. Any thoughts on making a couple of i44 versions also? That would be amazing!

Upgrade disabled means full upgrade level, but as I told you upgrades works fine with AI commander

to use artillery u need to own at least one artillery unit ( mortar/striker MC d30/m119 / grad/mlrs ) then u can use with artillery interface, with on map click or with the tactical center GUI, all 3 methods have pros and cons u need to know the best one for your need.

About CAS, Paradrop and more AI support, It's my decision to don't use. cause I want that players organize themselves for doing same things instead of continuous call the AI support and just wait in a corner, so about the AI Actions the one that u see in the tactical menu are all that I want not more.

I love the integration between air an land using mando missiles and do air support and feel the advantages of your friends on the ground... or just saving their life with an hellfire !!

This feeling is the great motivation I have, the great immersion the hard link on the scenery between the air and land forces... try to use mando, try to lock on laser designed target from your team mates.. u will love too..

Fast travel should work, there is a parameter for it also.

About islands soon u will get almost all the suitable for warfare... cause when I reach build 16 I will start to convert, Chernarus and zargabad will be also included on that conversion cycle.

For i44 the problem is the quality, cause I worked for year to balance the prices and the units on this edition also with massive MMA tweak etc.

So I can't just release a version, I want to put on it the right effort to do something that is aligned with the "modern" version, and there is building missing, unit missing and will be hard to balance and release soon a i44 edition, I love that mod, I love that period, a lot more than 2035... But for I44 version you have to wait ....

cheers

Outstanding, thanks for all the info and the amazingly effort!

Here we go

Build 15.23 (16rc4)

Takistan + Fallujah !!!

Enjoy !!!!

Both downloads contain Fallujah and no Takistan. ;)

mediafire/?9u6aywu1cv17zf5 Takistan

mediafire/?9u6aywu1cv17zf5 Fallujah

Both share the same link. Could you give us the correct link to Takistan please Rubber? :D

Edited by Law-Giver

Both downloads contain Fallujah and no Takistan. ;)

mediafire/?9u6aywu1cv17zf5 Takistan

mediafire/?9u6aywu1cv17zf5 Fallujah

Both share the same link. Could you give us the correct link to Takistan please Rubber? :D

Link updated... was late yesterday when I uploaded hehe

:yay:

Link updated... was late yesterday when I uploaded hehe

:yay:

Excuses......excuses!!!!! Thanks buddy. ;)

@Rubber

I'm having a problem, when i request a UAV when playing on my server the game crashes, but when i host it clientside and i request a UAV it's fine. I just about hear the UAV engine then game crashes. :confused:

@Rubber

I'm having a problem, when i request a UAV when playing on my server the game crashes, but when i host it clientside and i request a UAV it's fine. I just about hear the UAV engine then game crashes. :confused:

Just trying on my server

UAV is working

I never used, and now I notice really big unbalance between BLU & RED uav

I will try to balance also that

Just trying on my server

UAV is working

I never used, and now I notice really big unbalance between BLU & RED uav

I will try to balance also that

Hmmm strange, will test some more next week, back to work tonight. I'm still getting issues with the ai moving the HQ, he moves about 50 feet says it's deployed and then it reverts back to it's original position. And this repeats over and over every few minutes, very odd. :confused:

Edited by Law-Giver

@Rubber

I fired up my server with and without the beta patch running and with the beta patch running the UAV crashes arma2oa, and without the beta it's fine. :(

@Rubber

I fired up my server with and without the beta patch running and with the beta patch running the UAV crashes arma2oa, and without the beta it's fine. :(

I improved the UAV... u will see nice changes on next build 15.24 ;)

I improved the UAV... u will see nice changes on next build 15.24 ;)

Cool looking forward to it. Any reason why the beta would make it crash? Anyway, i'm off to work unfortunately. :(

Wow, I love Fallujah but for me it's FPS killer, I regularly get like 9 - 15 fps on this map. Takistan on the other had with simillar settings and I get a pretty steady 25 - 45 fps.

Wow, I love Fallujah but for me it's FPS killer, I regularly get like 9 - 15 fps on this map. Takistan on the other had with simillar settings and I get a pretty steady 25 - 45 fps.

Mate, fallujah is less FPS killer than Zargabad, u can lower your viewdistance to 700m it's not needed in the close combat enviroment,

warfare menu, team, use view distance slider, also u can remove the clutters from the parameters and u will get more FPS.

Tell me if u get more FPS with this two simple hints

Cheers!

Greetings Rubber! Just wanted to stop by and thank you for continuing the hard work after Arma 3's release. I haven't played the last version of RE due to work keeping me busy for the past 2 months but I read the changelog and it looks great; can't wait to get my hands on the last ver and play it on new maps. It's a pitty the player count has dropped since the A3 release; I wish I could just port your mod over to A3 with just a few mouse clicks. :(

Greetings Rubber! Just wanted to stop by and thank you for continuing the hard work after Arma 3's release. I haven't played the last version of RE due to work keeping me busy for the past 2 months but I read the changelog and it looks great; can't wait to get my hands on the last ver and play it on new maps. It's a pitty the player count has dropped since the A3 release; I wish I could just port your mod over to A3 with just a few mouse clicks. :(

I am sorry but I will not work anymore in arma world, I will play arma3 just casual play and only because I can't sell it back.

Warfare RE by Rubber will die with ArmA2

I am sorry but I will not work anymore in arma world, I will play arma3 just casual play and only because I can't sell it back.

Warfare RE by Rubber will die with ArmA2

That's a real shame Rubber as i still play it with my mate and sons when we're both off work at the same time. With regards to ArmA3 i'm the same, i haven't played it since i downloaded it from steam. I don't like it to be honest, i think it's lost it's charm. I have all the games since OFP back in the day and ArmA3 is not my favourite game of the bunch, even though it's still in beta i just can't see myself playing it. ArmA2 is my favourite and will be for a long time to come. My mate has ArmA3 and he doesn't play it either, even my son has it and he doesn't play it. Nuff said!

If this is your last version Rubber i just want to say a big thank you for all your time and putting up with us giving you grief! Finished or not i will still be playing Rubber Warfare for a long time to come! Thanks again buddy and all the best!

Jon ;)

That's a real shame Rubber as i still play it with my mate and sons when we're both off work at the same time. With regards to ArmA3 i'm the same, i haven't played it since i downloaded it from steam. I don't like it to be honest, i think it's lost it's charm. I have all the games since OFP back in the day and ArmA3 is not my favourite game of the bunch, even though it's still in beta i just can't see myself playing it. ArmA2 is my favourite and will be for a long time to come. My mate has ArmA3 and he doesn't play it either, even my son has it and he doesn't play it. Nuff said!

If this is your last version Rubber i just want to say a big thank you for all your time and putting up with us giving you grief! Finished or not i will still be playing Rubber Warfare for a long time to come! Thanks again buddy and all the best!

Jon ;)

It's not finished but I want to finish all that is missing will be completed soon, I just lost motivation and I work much less on RE dev, now is more an hobby than before when I was doing very late in the night.. ehm.. morning. But this is normal when u have passion u spend a lot of energy, but when the passions ends u can't spend the same anymore.

I just want that u and your son come to play with us before the server expire, 6 days left.

About A3 the main problem for me is that I don't like the 2035 ERA "Starwars Laser Game" and ...

I don't like that BIS doesn't do good innovation on his O B S O L E T E engine, and doesn't do the right support to the comunity created contents.

What I mean is make it simple to join a server with a custom addon, (2013 smart tv, smart phone... all smart except the owner...) a fucking GUI that inform Join in progress players, this mission/gamemode is based on addon content, made by X if u want to play u have to download from Y. ( K.I.S.S.) Keep It Simple & Stupid

no more -mod= , no more launchers or other stuff, just a fucking in game GUI, but it's too much for BIS, focus on Zombie and other stuff, that can attract more player, sandbox like a bitch without an identity

I H A T E also the completely arcade Guided missile system that is less "real" than BF or COD in a Sim like game, Ok it's an infantry simulation but Javelin, Portable SAM / Metis, Tow etc. are used by infantry. I have to develop a part of game that is not made from the DEV cause I can't live with An Arcade On Air with more sim like on the ground shake..

MANDO 95% will not release anything for A3, I will not do that, and one of the reason why I play Warfare and ArmA is the mix between AIR and LAND, and in my warfare u can feel and enjoy that... with laser designer mate... airstrike... airbattles etc.

There is only a person that can made possible RE to Run on A3 that person is Kyu with AiA project, if BIS will support his job and will be possible to do the conversion keeping Mando suite, ( If necessary I can try to convert all sqs file on MMA to sqf syntax )

this is the only chance that I can see in the future to play my edition.

I will release 15.32 soon there is a new economy system, that will be really interesting...

It's not finished but I want to finish all that is missing will be completed soon, I just lost motivation and I work much less on RE dev, now is more an hobby than before when I was doing very late in the night.. ehm.. morning. But this is normal when u have passion u spend a lot of energy, but when the passions ends u can't spend the same anymore.

I just want that u and your son come to play with us before the server expire, 6 days left.

About A3 the main problem for me is that I don't like the 2035 ERA "Starwars Laser Game" and ...

I don't like that BIS doesn't do good innovation on his O B S O L E T E engine, and doesn't do the right support to the comunity created contents.

What I mean is make it simple to join a server with a custom addon, (2013 smart tv, smart phone... all smart except the owner...) a fucking GUI that inform Join in progress players, this mission/gamemode is based on addon content, made by X if u want to play u have to download from Y. ( K.I.S.S.) Keep It Simple & Stupid

no more -mod= , no more launchers or other stuff, just a fucking in game GUI, but it's too much for BIS, focus on Zombie and other stuff, that can attract more player, sandbox like a bitch without an identity

I H A T E also the completely arcade Guided missile system that is less "real" than BF or COD in a Sim like game, Ok it's an infantry simulation but Javelin, Portable SAM / Metis, Tow etc. are used by infantry. I have to develop a part of game that is not made from the DEV cause I can't live with An Arcade On Air with more sim like on the ground shake..

MANDO 95% will not release anything for A3, I will not do that, and one of the reason why I play Warfare and ArmA is the mix between AIR and LAND, and in my warfare u can feel and enjoy that... with laser designer mate... airstrike... airbattles etc.

There is only a person that can made possible RE to Run on A3 that person is Kyu with AiA project, if BIS will support his job and will be possible to do the conversion keeping Mando suite, ( If necessary I can try to convert all sqs file on MMA to sqf syntax )

this is the only chance that I can see in the future to play my edition.

I will release 15.32 soon there is a new economy system, that will be really interesting...

Glad to see you're gong to finish it buddy. And if i can't get on your server there's always my rented one as i have no intention of cancelling it for a long while yet. I'm looking forward to the next release. And with regards to ArmA3 i have to agree. The fictional futuristic feel is not to my liking either which is why i'll still be playing ArmA2 for a long time to come, dated or not!

Catch you later Rubber, keep up the hard work. ;)