Sign in to follow this  
rubberkite

WARFARE BE2 *Rubber Ed*

Hi Rubber

I know this is geared towards the player but could you make it so the ai capture the small camps or as a parameter setting. I play the game with just a few people at weekends and it's just a pain seeing the ai going straight to the main bunker when the camps need capturing. Also is there something you could do about ai getting stuck on the steep rocky terrain as in a counter or something, like say if they haven't moved for a set amount of time, move them or kill them. It's not because they're frozen its the terrain south of Timurkalay for example, I've got 4 groups of ai and subordinates stuck in the same area. Would be appreciated!

Other than that been playing for 2 hours and it plays great, i'm still playing actually. Just alt tabbed out to post this before i forgot! Best get back in because my friend is playing and he would make a lousy homing pigeon, i'd never let him drive! :D

Hi Rubber

I know this is geared towards the player but could you make it so the ai capture the small camps or as a parameter setting. I play the game with just a few people at weekends and it's just a pain seeing the ai going straight to the main bunker when the camps need capturing. Also is there something you could do about ai getting stuck on the steep rocky terrain as in a counter or something, like say if they haven't moved for a set amount of time, move them or kill them. It's not because they're frozen its the terrain south of Timurkalay for example, I've got 4 groups of ai and subordinates stuck in the same area. Would be appreciated!

Other than that been playing for 2 hours and it plays great, i'm still playing actually. Just alt tabbed out to post this before i forgot! Best get back in because my friend is playing and he would make a lousy homing pigeon, i'd never let him drive! :D

Law-Giver, AI can capture an entire town. Just send your AI to the strongpoints (camps, SP) and it will capture. However, your AI have to be on foot and within the capture radius. After they capture the camps/SP send them to towncenter and the town will fold as long as they are not outnumbered by opposing AI. If you're talking about the AI that take player positions and are commanded to "capture towns" then, as the commander, manually order them to head to the SP/camps.

Law-Giver, AI can capture an entire town. Just send your AI to the strongpoints (camps, SP) and it will capture. However, your AI have to be on foot and within the capture radius. After they capture the camps/SP send them to towncenter and the town will fold as long as they are not outnumbered by opposing AI. If you're talking about the AI that take player positions and are commanded to "capture towns" then, as the commander, manually order them to head to the SP/camps.

Hi Spanish, i fully understand that my ai would capture camps if ordered but it's the non human controlled ai i was referring too. I guess i should've been clearer, just finished a 4 hour game and had a lot of fun apart from the sticking ai. Oh and great video Spanish, found it very useful. ;)

Edited by Law-Giver

Hi Spanish, i fully understand that my ai would capture camps if ordered but it's the non human controlled ai i was referring too. I guess i should've been clearer, just finished a 4 hour game and had a lot of fun apart from the sticking ai. Oh and great video Spanish, found it very useful. ;)

What spanish is trying to explain to you is that also non human AI can be controlled by High Command and there is also a GUI inside the game where u can give AI the order, it's better if u play with AI Groups, vs AI commander that u change the parameter for town capture and u set that camp are not needed so also AI commander on other side can advance and capture towns,

AI stuck is not warfare bug, is arma in warfare u can disband all stucked group and respawn in other position there are a lot of things to do as Commander.

I don't use AI squad, but when in the past I was using I was tring to give them more order, control if stuck and respawn and don't leave them do alone to have the best result

Cheers!

What spanish is trying to explain to you is that also non human AI can be controlled by High Command and there is also a GUI inside the game where u can give AI the order, it's better if u play with AI Groups, vs AI commander that u change the parameter for town capture and u set that camp are not needed so also AI commander on other side can advance and capture towns,

I didn't notice the disable camp parameter, i must of blinked and missed it.:D

AI stuck is not warfare bug, is arma in warfare u can disband all stucked group and respawn in other position there are a lot of things to do as Commander.

I knew it wasn't a warfare bug but annoying non the less. I'm not really the commander type, i just like shooting and blowing sh*t up. But i guess i'm going to have to adapt!

Being a noob with regards to your Rubber edition of warfare i have to say i'm impressed with it. Played over 4 hours yesterday after doing a night shift at work, and even then i had to grab myself by the scruff of the neck to get off it! Looking forward to future updates.

Cheers Rubber ;)

build 15.09 is stabe and can be used before 16 will be released with some GUI improvement

here the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vfpqo7dyt34aldz

changelog:

NEW SPECIAL GAMEPLAY FEATURES:

- *MHQ TECHNICAL repair vehicle added on city depot, LF repair truck doesn't repair HQ anymore (the one from airsupport is still able to repair)

- Construction Interface can be used from remote location by commander

- RANK SYSTEM corporal to General (more bounty reward and group size)

- New Upgrade system Barracks/Gear - Light Vehicles - Heavy Vehicles - Air Vehicles

- All upgrades tree verified and tested and balanced

- TnT Anti Kamikaze Respawn system

- New league Layout 2013, the old one is still present new one is less AAS and more "Warfare"

CHANGES:

- Field repair and Accurate repair tweaked hint and repair %

- Low gear speed slighty increased

- Capture bar tweaked (GUI)

- Respawn in Mobile respawn always inside (this avoid to stuck in rocks or buildings)

- Removed color from gear GUI icons

- Improved JIP script

- Improved Accurate repair action with Hints

- Tweaked Spec Ops lockpick skill

- Is now possible to airlift landvehicles wreck (except MHQ enemy wreck)

- -3 point Death Penalty

- Better score rewards for SP and city capture

- Tweaked and improved Mando Javelin / Nlaw

- HE ammo added to MAAWS and RPG7 on Barracks/GEAR level 3

- Removed some US Weapons to REDFOR I leaved only SMAAW and M107 cause no level2 AT or l3 snipe to balance BLUEFOR weapon

- Unit and ammo price revisited and tweaked

- Incoming and Town reward improved + fixed the value on side message that was different.

- Town supply max value Tweaked

- Imarat changed to Medium Town Tank 80SV due to it's strategical position.

PARAMETERS:

- MHQ deploy min distance between the City depot is now 1000m

- Artillery is now possible to use also with Tactical GUI interface ( Timeout firemission increased to avoid spam )

- Thermal view is now avaiable in vehicles ( best use with TGW Vehicle fixes to be balanced )

- No Soldiers to buy in City depot only vehicle to avoid spamming when under attack

- UPGRADE now default ON with new simplified SYSTEM

- Peace time default 1200 sec.

- AI group size 5 TNT default

Enjoy :)

build 15.09 is stabe and can be used before 16 will be released with some GUI improvement

here the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vfpqo7dyt34aldz

changelog:

NEW SPECIAL GAMEPLAY FEATURES:

- *MHQ TECHNICAL repair vehicle added on city depot, LF repair truck doesn't repair HQ anymore (the one from airsupport is still able to repair)

- Construction Interface can be used from remote location by commander

- RANK SYSTEM corporal to General (more bounty reward and group size)

- New Upgrade system Barracks/Gear - Light Vehicles - Heavy Vehicles - Air Vehicles

- All upgrades tree verified and tested and balanced

- TnT Anti Kamikaze Respawn system

- New league Layout 2013, the old one is still present new one is less AAS and more "Warfare"

CHANGES:

- Field repair and Accurate repair tweaked hint and repair %

- Low gear speed slighty increased

- Capture bar tweaked (GUI)

- Respawn in Mobile respawn always inside (this avoid to stuck in rocks or buildings)

- Removed color from gear GUI icons

- Improved JIP script

- Improved Accurate repair action with Hints

- Tweaked Spec Ops lockpick skill

- Is now possible to airlift landvehicles wreck (except MHQ enemy wreck)

- -3 point Death Penalty

- Better score rewards for SP and city capture

- Tweaked and improved Mando Javelin / Nlaw

- HE ammo added to MAAWS and RPG7 on Barracks/GEAR level 3

- Removed some US Weapons to REDFOR I leaved only SMAAW and M107 cause no level2 AT or l3 snipe to balance BLUEFOR weapon

- Unit and ammo price revisited and tweaked

- Incoming and Town reward improved + fixed the value on side message that was different.

- Town supply max value Tweaked

- Imarat changed to Medium Town Tank 80SV due to it's strategical position.

PARAMETERS:

- MHQ deploy min distance between the City depot is now 1000m

- Artillery is now possible to use also with Tactical GUI interface ( Timeout firemission increased to avoid spam )

- Thermal view is now avaiable in vehicles ( best use with TGW Vehicle fixes to be balanced )

- No Soldiers to buy in City depot only vehicle to avoid spamming when under attack

- UPGRADE now default ON with new simplified SYSTEM

- Peace time default 1200 sec.

- AI group size 5 TNT default

Enjoy :)

Thx for the update Rubber! Will play it with love and affection. ;)

I've played your new version a few times now, going to be honest not really as fun as it was before Rubber. You have a LOT of great stuff that you've added but the new costs you've included are just not doing it. The cost to upgrade is way too high and the cost of supply trucks is a little too much. You had the costs perfect in your previous version, I highly recommend you go back to it. We all liked the fast pace of RE and now it's a LOT slower. Also, could you put the parameter back that allows server hosts to decide what the starting amount should be. RE needs to be more flexible if you want to see it grow, not the opposite.

I've played your new version a few times now, going to be honest not really as fun as it was before Rubber. You have a LOT of great stuff that you've added but the new costs you've included are just not doing it. The cost to upgrade is way too high and the cost of supply trucks is a little too much. You had the costs perfect in your previous version, I highly recommend you go back to it. We all liked the fast pace of RE and now it's a LOT slower. Also, could you put the parameter back that allows server hosts to decide what the starting amount should be. RE needs to be more flexible if you want to see it grow, not the opposite.

This kind of post just kill my motivation, I already received a feedback from Wiston and I replied to him that I will explain the reasons why I love build 15.09 compared to 15 I will do it asap on warfare RE forum.

Now the reasons why u don't like it ... can be two:

1 U Don't know the reason under 15.09 changes

2 U Dislike the goal that 15.09 meets

RE take the name from warfare but it's a complete different game mode, based on its rules, that rewards the right strategy, teamplay, and skills.

RE is intentionally limiting the number of Vehicles/Weapons/Fortifications to don't be too similar to a RTS with just unit spam to outnumber opponents.

RE try to be more similar to a real battlefield without "unlimited resources".

This both keep server/client fps good, and allow to play with more VD, plus give value to all objective that u reach during the game. Give the right value to players deaths, weapons, vehicles. Introduce with the new layout more team logistic and strategy to move around the map with only 1 town more than before and finally all game are different you can choose different path the previous layout is still present is more PVP and less WARFARE but u can easy select it from paramters list.

The 15.09 that I sent to you is League 2013 preview and parameter are tailored for that, but there are still present all parameters u can play without upgrades (like build 15)

u can play with the build 15/14 Layout... and you can set your starting money/supply and also vehicle prices as u prefer.

I can't understand your feedback why you are reporting things that are not happening in build 15.09, u can play with same settings as Build 015

Supply truck delivers 10 SV instead of 5 and cost 2x I did that due to AI drivers that stuck with big column or just inside towns, To use less server resources less PLAYERS GROUP SLOTS and PLAYER TIME and have almost the same results.

UPGRADE TREE force people to do teamplay and to use less advanced stuff with old system after 1st town all team was maxed out with equipment ai units and vehicels... sorry I love the new progression it also introduce strategy decision during the game.. what to develop and when.

So players now instead of just spam vehicles they have to help commander to get the upgrades fast.

RE Build 016 now needs more skills than before (specially on the beginning) and a good teamplay strategy, and is penalizing if u die too often. Avoiding people that spawn just for rearm or never ending fights in a close quarter this give a real feel.. and it's "FASTER" than previous edition where u can fight for ours in same town just running from SP to SP... in BUILD 16 with the respawn timer that increase when u die within 3 minute fro last death, this will not happen and who play smart will win using less time compared than build 15.00.

So to answer to your statement that new mission is a lot SLOWER:

It's completely the opposite :)

If two teams are balanced game will least a lot like for build 015 = SAME LENGHT

When one team play better than other game will least less due to the higher unbalance created during the game progress (player ranks/funds/technologies) = SHORTER

build 016 will be a jewel a polished diamond!

After all will be explained and clear you will have two option, play with RE parameters or just tweak a bit

or play completly with custom parameters, in this case I will do for you a tailored version with exaclty what u prefer and I will rename it URBAN XTREME EDITION cause is not my mission if played with 10 second respawn or base patrols or big group squad AI player, no death penalty, cheaper prices etc.

Changing parameters means play a different mission different from the concept that I love, and give me motivation to work on it.

More about build 016

I will be happy if people will understand its value, if people will understand that joining a server with build 016 means to do massive teamwork instead of play a MMORPG alone in the battlefield. If people will take care about their alter ego life to limit the respawn timer and to earn promotions...

I don't have diplomacy I am sorry if those words can sound hard but I am tired of people that doesn't report feedback just cry because mission is more hard and similar to a real battlefield and I am doing that cause a love to play warfare not as kamikaze rush race vs ai towns...

In the past I give too much weight to feedback of crying baby I decided to do in my way now cause it's my mission. But sure I am happy if somebody like and play it, I am also happy if people like only part of it and prefer to play with different parameters but I ask to change the name and I offer to do that for your team so u will use the parameters that u prefer on your server and your edition not mine.

I ask only to read the complete description of BUILD 016 features and after played a bit also some LEAGUE game u will tell me if u want or not the custom mission.

JOIN RE

If you play online to improve yourself do teamwork and learn from errors, without ask for something easier just see something a bit harder as a challenge as a reason to do better to improve.

I was expecting you happy for TGW stuff and Thermal view on TNT3 pack... instead of you complain about missing parameter that are still there...

This kind of post just kill my motivation

Never be disheartened Rubber, you can't please everyone. At the end of the day it's your creation, created the way you want it to be. I doubt SpanishSurfer meant in anyway to offend you. Myself, i'm easily pleased. Whatever you create i'll play it.

I think some people forget all you guys who make missions and addons do it in your own free time. So some respect should be due!

Keep up the good work mate....me likey! ;)

Never be disheartened Rubber, you can't please everyone. At the end of the day it's your creation, created the way you want it to be. I doubt SpanishSurfer meant in anyway to offend you. Myself, i'm easily pleased. Whatever you create i'll play it.

I think some people forget all you guys who make missions and addons do it in your own free time. So some respect should be due!

Keep up the good work mate....me likey! ;)

I am not offended from SpanishSurfer opinion, just sad that one that know RE doesn't understand the GREAT improvement that 15.09 has compared to 15

I can't understand how is possible that ArmA players that should not be Mainstream gamers, demand a mainstream Warfare Arcade style quick respawn easy economy easy to play alone vs ineffective AI and deprecate something more challenging and immersive.

I need a lot of effort and time to do documentation and if nobody like I will keep it for myself without release it anymore so I don't have to do full time job on documentation.

And spend my precious time to explain the reason and why I am talking about improvements...

I founded really few people that share my same point of view about the game after years, maybe is time to unistall and stop wasting energy there.

Rubber, I actually like the new build. When I'm admin I prefer to set the game to veteran, enable upgrades, and make the game difficult. I like all the new mod stuff you've got, but like Winston, I think that the changes you made w/regards to upgrade prices was a turn in the wrong direction (They're too high). I don't believe I was whining in any way but as someone who has their pulse on the Warfare community I was giving you back critical feedback from the general population w/regards to the new build. I am quick to give you feedback because I am a big fan of your work and only want to see this mod grow. In fact, I have convinced a VERY popular AMERICAN server (usually filled with 40-50 people during peak hours) to start running the RE mod (BMRF Server). So please do not get "unmotivated" when you receive negative feedback, especially from me. I would bet that I work harder at promoting your mod more then you do.

When I give "negative/critical" feedback all I ask is that you consider what I'm asking and make a final decision on how to approach the problem. Like I mentioned, all I'm doing is trying to make this mod grow.

I think the big problem is that you're building a mod for tournament play (which is great) but we (Server admins) are using your mod for general gameplay. Games that are a majority of casual gamers and are not hardcore Arma players like myself. When you have this sort of crowd, the new mod will run for 6-8 hours, which is just too much time for 1 game. The easiest solution would be to put the supply parameter back (You said you never touched it by Winston told me it was gone?) and maybe include another parameter that can control the cost of upgrades: EX HIGH cost (long game), Medium cost (normal game), Low cost(short game).

In order to have good tournament play you need lots of teams, in order to have lots of teams you need a big player base, in order to have a big player base RE needs to be flexible so that admins can adjust the game as necessary based on the type of crowd they have on the server.

I'm not trying to offend/upset anyone just doing my best to help.

I founded really few people that share my same point of view about the game after years, maybe is time to unistall and stop wasting energy there.

It's a shame you feel that way. There are many Arma2 players who love and appreciate your version of warfare who probably don't post on the forums to tell you so. I personally think it's going in the right direction and is a breath of fresh air. But at the end of the day Rubber it's your decision and it's up to you what you do with the opinions of others, but I hope you continue to share your Rubber Edition of warfare and hope to see it ported to ArmA 3. So i hope we get to see 016 and you can prove the doomsayers wrong.

I've read SpanishSurfers posts and i see nothing but his own constructive opinion to which i think we're all entitled to, otherwise it defeats the purpose of these forums. We all play the game differently and it's always going to be hard to please us all but as you stated earlier that's what the parameters are for. I prefer it to be hard as f*ck, i love a challenge, i don't care for prices, give me a bicycle and an m134 and i'll still enjoy myself. Ain't that the point at the end of the day!

I had to add to my post this morning because i was typing last night on my Nexus 7 and it's not the same as the ole keyboard and mouse. ;)

So come on Rubber release 016, i'm hungry for WAR! :p

Appreciated as always!

Edited by Law-Giver
Nexus 7 bla bla bla

It's a shame you feel that way. There are many Arma2 players who love and appreciate your version of warfare who probably don't post on the forums to tell you so. I personally think it's going in the right direction and is a breath of fresh air. But at the end of the day Rubber it's your decision and it's up to you what you do with the opinions of others, but I hope you continue to share your Rubber Edition of warfare and hope to see it ported to ArmA 3. So i hope we get to see 016 and you can prove the doomsayers wrong.

I've read SpanishSurfers posts and i see nothing but his own constructive opinion to which i think we're all entitled to, otherwise it defeats the purpose of these forums. We all play the game differently and it's always going to be hard to please us all but as you stated earlier that's what the parameters are for. I prefer it to be hard as f*ck, i love a challenge, i don't care for prices, give me a bicycle and an m134 and i'll still enjoy myself. Ain't that the point at the end of the day!

I had to add to my post this morning because i was typing last night on my Nexus 7 and it's not the same as the ole keyboard and mouse. ;)

So come on Rubber release 016, i'm hungry for WAR! :p

Appreciated as always!

I am doing the final retouch

I was speaking in teamspeak with Spanishsurfer and it's always easier to comunicate in direct way

SpanisSurfer and UX group are important feedback for me, but feedback must be released before several try, first impressions are not good for a development cause u can change quick things basing of a single episode experience and damage some other dynamics.

Is not possible to make all players happy this is the problem of arma fragmentation so on my project I try to make myself happy first, explain the reason of changes and extend the number of players cause they start to know and like the features, not to give all to all to make happy people that want an easy game.

As I told on teamspeak after 6 years on arma I need something more hard to play where I need to use all the available tools to win, playing less a kamikaze rush to the town, and think more about what I am doing, what my teammates are doing what's my side strategy

A coop without respawn is immersive and force to play with a lot of cautions is not possible to play a large scale in similar way or game will least months, what I am trying to find is the right mix between Immersion and big scale war, the reason why I love the 16 is why I founded a well balanced way to play.

People is just complaining about the price of upgrade, but still want to use the best equipment available without understand that learn how to use the cheapest one means save money.

The reason why I love 16 is why nothing is precluded u can do all but you have to plan when and earn first... not just all now and if somebody remove something complaining without test the result, just because u miss your preferred rifle ... I wonder how much is the mid age of the RE players...

016 is the RE as I always planned (dreamed)

Upgrade tree was not on 14 cause of time, I had to completely rework the upgrade system to adapt to my mission goals

-Ranking

-Respawn progressive penalty system

-Upgrades

-Wider and more tactical layout ( the old is still there there are 6 custom towns layout with different sizes)

-Remote commander construction interface

Upgrade price are aligned to the game progress, do that cheaper means remove the sense of upgrade.

I don't want to make happy people that want to play a game that is completely different to my goals

If u want a shorter game select less town to win, select a smaller layout, start with more money or supply

or set a TIMEOUT yes is possible in my edition to say ok it's monday tomorrow I have to work I want to play max 2 hours

starting at 9 to 11

set timeout to 2h after two hours the mission ends and who collected more supply will win

try the berserk layout is nice only 4 town 2 outside 2 in the middle who takes 3 win super PVP shorter game

So feedback is upgrade too expensive, parameters removed

my answer is

Upgrade need to be a bit hard to get or they doesn't make sense

Upgrades make the starting slower and force the people to think about town conquest instead of base hunting cause u need money to improve your weapons/vehicle, and u can't attack a base without a better equipment

Upgrades becomes cheaper during the game lenght due to city reward, SP reward, Supply/Money over time, if u got 3 town 100 - 70 - 80 SV u got 250 sv min 10 min = 2500 SV this means that u need only 10 minute to upgrade HF from level 0 to level 3 and u save also 100SV

Upgrades cost money

1 Force the people to do something useful for the faction not you join the game ask money build vehicles and quit if they die two times from more smart enemy, to make happy this kind of players I should make unhappy me first and a lot of other people that wants to teamplay and be useful for the faction!

let's do same example with 100 70 80 town u earn money from SP capture, money from town capture commander earns also a bonus reward

with supply truck u can raise the value to the max and earn money for each delivery 100xsv value fro 50 to 100 is 5k+6k+7k+8k+9k+10k = 47k, 100 sv town on capture give 20k reward for each player if u capture in 6 = 120k if u capture the sp in 5 is 15k with salvage truck u can earn 50% money back from vehicles wreck, I want that people do that cause wreck in my edition least 25 minute and I need a player garbage collectors that earns money from that, I have people that just play as support doing Supply column and salvage the battlefield wreck and giving some fund to the commander, who is complaining about vehicle prices is usually over extending on the battlefield playing alone vs AI or just dieing against humans far from his side without the chance to respawn closer or salvage his vehicle wreck.

I want that a team that is good in logistic organization has a real advantage against one that is just buying vehicles lost and buy new ones, playing individual instead of teamplay tactics / strategy / support.

I have this on build 016 I am happy

About hard to play and n. of players, about "promotions"

Dayz when u die u lost all your equipment you respawn far from your group but if u count the RE players and Dayz players there is a huge difference

So an harder gameplay doesn't mean less players

I want to do a good documentation to help people to know the mission dynamics, I will not put zombies for now hehehe

ABOUT the feedback:

I will not make the upgrade cheaper and I will not put a parameter to choose the coef

I will:

-lower supply truck price to 10k instead of 13k+

-raise SP capture reward from 3k to 5k, strong points are important 5k is a good reward

-and also I will change the radius to 500m around SP for reward ( all players within 500m will earn 5000$ when a SP is captured cause also people around give their contribute to safe the area (teamwork))

again let's make example with 100SV town

attacked by 10 players

2 SP 10.000$ x 10 = 100.000$

City reward 20.000$ x 10 = 200.000$

Commander bonus: 20.000$ ( I will raise a bit also this )

Supply route: 17.000$ (30k to buy 3 Supply truck)

1 If u die less than u kill u will earn instead of loose money directly from the bounty:

2 Then u can salvage wrecks or unlock...

1&2 can be positive or negative value depends on skills teamplay and logistic organization

10 people attacking town means around 15 minutes

this means that your side will get 337.000$ in 15 minutes then starts to earn money and supply per minute

and the supply truck can be used for second town.

Gear/Barracks update

L1 500 SV 35.000$

L2 600 SV 40.000$

L3 700 SV 45.000$

15minutes to capture 5 minute to raise 100SV = 20 minute 5 minute to get 500, 6 minute to get 600 7 minute to get 700 ( this only with 1 town 100SV) means that u can get the full gear after approx 38minutes with only the one town. using only a part of money 120.000$ from 337k

This is an example it's clear that this can by different, but for sure is skill related and u don't need to wait gear/barracks 3 to play u can have fun with gear 0 then gear 1 then choose if u want LF1 or move the base or whatever

Another important things this will penalize who will move the base on the middle cause it will take 10 minutes only to move the mhq when who is attacking the closest town will star to get better upgrades sooner with money per minute and sv per minute earlier.

I love build 16 I feel that I reach my starting goal after 2 years!!

all other upgrades are faster cause with more town u get more money and more SV x minute

GossamersS edition for example force u to capture 8 town before building AF, here u can do with 3/4 maxxed out with teamwork

A final remark, u posted a feedback where u was sure that parameters are removed when that is not true

when u post a feedback don't do it without be sure take more time think about and after that post whatever u want but please please please don't post feedback without analyze the changes in deep, don't be just instinctive check it first cause all my changes are motivated and can be tweaked for sure but there is a goal behind...

Cheers!!

Spend too many time to post, build 016 delays hehehe

Edited by Rubberkite
remark add

Fair enough Rubber, looks like those small tweaks may work. We'll have to test them out. Once you've ironed out your game mode, the next big thing will be the autobalance script. :)

And when BE finishes, the Headless client implement, which will take Rubber to the next level in terms of player/AI count!

I am doing the final retouch

I was speaking in teamspeak with Spanishsurfer and it's always easier to comunicate in direct way.

Cheers!!

Spend too many time to post, build 016 delays hehehe

LOL Rubber, it must take ages to type your posts up, or do you have a personal secretary to do that for you? :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the next release! ;)

Another step closer to Final Build 16

it's not final but should work fine...

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?1wudb0c0b6mb0yy

Build 15.12 - 21 Feb 2013

IMPROVEMENTS:

- Team Marker color based on class ( zoom out the map to see the legend )

- Damage reduction coef tweaked new value:

30% Helicopters

20% Plane

20% Cars

8% Tanks

- GUI Menu TEAM now shows player class and funds (compared to 15.11 now refresh when u click transfer button)

- Rank system complete with audio hint and rewards (each rank +1 Group Size +5% bounty coef ratio)

PRIVATE 0 Pts

CORPORAL 10 Pts

SERGEANT 30 Pts

LIEUTENANT 50 Pts

CAPITAIN 75 Pts

MAJOR 100 Pts

COLONEL 200 Pts

GENERAL 300 Pts

- Intro sound

- All new added sounds are now less loud compared to fist test 15.11

- Init_Client.sqf now has 1 sec delay ( this could improve Join In Progress Process and avoid some issues )

- Reworked Side slots: 1-8 BAF/RUS 9-16 US/TKA

- Minor correction to BARRACKS UNITS (Upgrade tree and prices)

- Timeout increased for fire missions from 200sec to 5 minutes

ECONOMY:

The Economy System is reworked in order to fit with UPGRADE costs without slow down too much the action

-Strong point reward increased to 5000$, and now all unit 150m around will get the reward ( unit inside 25m will get reward + score )

-AMBULANCE, ENGINEER TRUCK,SUPPLY TRUCK price lowered

-ALL Light factory unit price -5%

-TORM1 and RAPIER price lowered

-ALL AIRPORT UNIT price -5%

-Commander bonus money on town capture increased

-GUERRILLA UNIT PRICE increased (this will give better bounty reward)

EXTRAS:

-MANDO MISSILE SYSTEM complete REWORKED!

All guided missile tweaked with new settings, Surface to Air missiles are "ALL" more effective against planes

AA pod, Avengers and M6 Linebreakers are more dangerous (more range more top speed more accelleration)

TUNGUSKA is just a bit more dangerous (was already good against planes) (more range more top speed)

RAPIER / TORM1 now are 1:1 Balanced and much more dangerous! (10000m range more top speed/accelleration )

AG missiles now lock from closer distance (3500m) but lock a bit fast and missiles are faster

AA missiles are now more fast and effective, (Aim9 improved a lot )

SEAD missiles are now aligned to the RAPIER/TORM1 RANGE ( u need to be a very good pilot to destroy Radar emitting sources )

NOTE:

The MMA update is nice for both pilot and (fly haters) cause there is more challenge now to avoid all missiles, and for ground forces is more easy to fight against planes. AA pods / Avengers / Linebreakers are much effective against Helicopters, but now are really dangerous also for airplanes, the TUNGUSKA / TORM1 / RAPIER are very powerful against planes so instead of complain please build a good SAM defence because control of the air is part of Warfare RE

Another step closer to Final Build 16

it's not final but should work fine...

Thanks Rubber, gonna give it a quick bash today. Unfortunately i'm working nights over the weekend starting tonight so can only play it today. :(

Keep 'em coming mate! ;)

Good to hear about the new changes Rubber! I especially like the tweaks you've made to the ground-air system. 1 thing I would suggest is implementing the ECM to the A10, it only has flares right now but in the real world it has both. All the other tweaks look great, can't wait to try it out!

I know you're going to hate this question but have you had time to implement the auto-balance script?

:cool:

Testing here 15.12 and this is...a masterpiece!

Server runs like a charm, mission is well balanced and due to tweaks this is also extremely fun, yet realistic.

Thanks Rubber!

EDIT: I'm also using Tpwc's AS add-on, so perhaps that adds some nice nuance on top of the all other nice things.

Edited by Lagus_FinP
additional comment

Testing here 15.12 and this is...a masterpiece!

Server runs like a charm, mission is well balanced and due to tweaks this is also extremely fun, yet realistic.

Thanks Rubber!

EDIT: I'm also using Tpwc's AS add-on, so perhaps that adds some nice nuance on top of the all other nice things.

Nice to hear that u like the progression :)

here is 15.14 if u want to try download mediafire

the best deal is to use ASR_AI and the TnT3 Addon package information: here (warfare RE forum)

I didn't published 15.13 so here changelogs with .14 & .13 together:

Build 15.14

released Friday 1 Marc 2013

- Fixed EXPLOIT Medic multiple respawn tent spawn to avoid to wait next redeploy

I introduced this exploit, cause I was trying to avoid that medic lost is action to deploy if he dies during deploy, but this allow

clever guys to build more than 1 tent during deploy animation and undeploy one to get the action back without waiting the timer (720 seconds ). This Exploit is fixed on build 15.14, now if u die during the action of deploy the medic respawn u lost the action and u have to wait the timer, I was trying to improve cause u can't skip arma action also if enemy is shooting at u, u just continue to do what u are doing without care of bullets... this is arma, but I give a chance to the smart guys to use this as exploit. Thanks to Harbicht for the feedback!

- All BAF soldiers moved to Barracks LVL1

- All Engineers moved to Barracks LVL1

Also here clever people kills the BAF on spawn to use better equipment on startup so I moved the unit with better weapons on first upgrade for Barracks.

- Mk16 moved to Barracks Upgrade level 0 (cause US base soldier use that weapon)

- SVD NSPU moved to Barracks Upgrade level 3 (with TnT3 addon pack have thermal sight)

- FIELD HOSPITAL (Base building that double the player group size) now cost 2000SV instead of 2500, this cause now with all upgrade three, more supply are needed and also the size of the group is related to the player rank, so this building is more important to get soon

- BARRACKS(GEAR) upgrade now cost less Supply and less money (from 0 to 3 now u save 30.000$ and 450 Supply)

- PARAMETER Town to victory (now is 10 Default) With the Strategic Layout this is a good amount to avoid endless game

- PARAMETER Ai Group Size Player (now is 6 instead of 5) one more Ai on the beginning of mission helps a bit

- Italian stringtable disabled (this is a temporary experiment) I want to disable the stringtable of server message and parameters so despite to the server language all player have the chance to understand the global message, but the other client side message I want to keep the multilanguage support.

Build 15.13

released Saturday 23 Feb 2013

- Commander will get 1 more AI +2 instead of +1

- Squad leader will get 1 more AI +4 instead of +3

- Price of FAL raised

- FAL ANPVS4 moved to level 3 ( it's very good weapon on pair with Mk17 if TnT addon is loaded

- Sounds volume tweaked to don't hit too much dB

- Mission Lobby CLASS name and SIDE extended description with the class skill and bonus

MANDO MISSILE

- ECM Added to A10 (Spanishsurfer informed me that A10 have ECM thank you mate!)

here is 15.14 if u want to try
Downloading now! Thanks for this one too. Can I port RubberEdition onto other islands like Thirsk and Podagorsk? Or even convert it to use full conversions like FDF and inv44? Or should I wait until build 16 is released?
the best deal is to use ASR_AI and the TnT3 Addon package information
I normally use ASR_AI, but I wanted to test this time TPWCAS. TnT3 addon pack sounds interesting, have to check it out.
I didn't published 15.13
Ach, ok, that's the reason, why I was getting an error message for 15.13 in mediafire ;-)

Downloading now! Thanks for this one too. Can I port RubberEdition onto other islands like Thirsk and Podagorsk? Or even convert it to use full conversions like FDF and inv44? Or should I wait until build 16 is released?

I normally use ASR_AI, but I wanted to test this time TPWCAS. TnT3 addon pack sounds interesting, have to check it out.

Ach, ok, that's the reason, why I was getting an error message for 15.13 in mediafire ;-)

I will try to play with TPWCAS too, and if fits why not :) suppressive fire is more realistic and well represented I just hope that doesn't interfeer with UPSMON or ASR_AI

ASR_AI is very important there is full tailored config inside the mission so the mod is integrated with UPSMON and they don't do same things I disabled the duplicated effect and all is fine... with last versions the smoke grenade is under ASR_AI cause it's a bit better, UPSMON was good to and was possible to tweak also the % of smoke throw but ASR is working fine without tweak and use also different smoke colors.

About the conversion would be great if u want to do as OFFICIAL package, in this case we can teamwork a bit, cause I love the idea of I44 version and also Podagorsk is one of the best Islands for ArmA for this better to wait I will release Chernarus with the last changes so it's aready faster to convert with full woodland template instead of convert from Takistan with Desert Template.

I will release 15.15 soon they are small step and is nice to test time to time then check the final result together.

So u don't need to wait Build 16, just wait few days, and please tell me if u want to do that in official way and teamwork on conversion to save time

Cheers

Rubber

Hi Rubber

I'm currently playing your latest version, obviously i've alt-tabbed out. Anyway, is there a reason that ai don't spawn at your medics mash respawn point? It's just a pain when ai have to yomp miles and miles after death if you've not captured a camp but have built a mash respawn point. Other than that so far i'm really enjoying it. Hopefully give it a proper bash on my private server with my mates, we've been playing patrol ops, Nateos warfare and crcti but i think they'd love playing this.

Cheers Rubber. ;)

Oh and i'm getting an error cannot load texture btr_body_co.jpg

Edited by Law-Giver