Sign in to follow this  
rubberkite

WARFARE BE2 *Rubber Ed*

@SpanishSurfer - that was an excellent intro to rubber warfare - it should be compulsory viewing for all new WF players! Thanks for taking the time to produce it.

@Rubberkite - it may be a good idea to link to SpanishSurfer's post (or the video) in your first post here - I think that people will find it very useful.

Yes very good Spanish.

Jedra do we see you on our server? Urban xtreme? Come and join us for fun! We have TS as well.

If you've ever found yourself lost playing warfare mode in Arma 2. I've started making video tutorials on how to get through this mode, specifically the Rubber Edition mode.

Great intro to WF-RE tutorial. A good advanced tutorial for RE, would be on the Mando Missile system on the various vehicles. I assume this could be a frustrating aspect for noobs, since the good ole' "tab fire, tab fire" is eliminated (mostly). Also, since an admin can set parameters for all of the tactical center assets, even in RE, a more refined tutorial on using the tactical center assets would be useful to new players. Maybe make a mando/TC tutorial rolled into one or something.

Keep up the good work!

... do we see you on our server? Urban xtreme? Come and join us for fun! We have TS as well.

I've been in the UX server past couple of days. Great atmosphere.

Hey Rubber! Here are my suggestions to improve RE. Basically, the goal of a lot of these ideas is to further influence players to capture towns and make base hunting increasingly harder (but not impossible). I also have some ideas that would allow the admin to change the parameters so that each round could be unique and different, rather then the same thing over and over. It would be nice to have some of these settings to be manageable from the game when logged in as admin and changing parameters.

1) Make peace time an adjustable parameter (I'd like the ability to increase the time or decrease from the server menu)

2) Cheapen the cost of defensive structures (make it even harder to base kill)

3) Create a parameter to specify what the max upgrade can be for a round for both factions (EX: Max upgrade Barracks 2, HF1, AF2, etc) This gives the option for having very different kinds of battles. I believe this idea could really increase the playability of RE

4) More RE compatible maps (I know you're already working on this)

5) Increase the defensive range for ai units near a base. (Currently 400m, can we increase to 1000m?)

6) Remove supply upgrade (or block it) since it's useless in RE (in the upgrade tree, this is more of a bug)

7) Add a parameter that prevents base killing until timer hits a preset time (Unless of course that base is within 1000m of an enemy objective/town)

8) MHQ wreck labeled on map. (this is a must, some games mhq is destroyed, commander times out, and no one can find mhq)

9) In WF MENU-GEAR have ability to load gear directly into a vehicle via tab (where ai players are usually listed) I've seen this done on other versions of BE and it's an awesome feature. This way you can quickly fill up a vehicle with the ammo/weapons you want.

10) Remove buildings from showing on radar. This would make base hunting even harder, also there really is no reason to have it show. I realize this may not be something you can fix, but if you can that'd be great.

First of all I want to say thank u for your requests/idea

and of course for your nice tutorial, I will write a note in the build 15 with a web page were we can collect and link all the useful informations

I want to work more on my team, and on upcomingwarfare tournament than in the mission, because u can do the perfect mission but if u don't have the "right" friends to play with is just a waste of time...

This mean that I will skip all the idea that I have that will take too much time for my level.

I will spend more time on ArmA3 using Benny edition 3 as base (Benny is changing a lot of function and will be hard to port all the RE features)

about your requests:

1) Make peace time an adjustable parameter (I'd like the ability to increase the time or decrease from the server menu)

Ok in upcoming build 015 will be a param for this, was already planned :)

2) Cheapen the cost of defensive structures (make it even harder to base kill)

I will but not for AA pod or At pod, I will decrease wall and camonet, in order to protect and also create "fake bases"

remember that in my build structures are very hard to destroy

3) Create a parameter to specify what the max upgrade can be for a round for both factions (EX: Max upgrade Barracks 2, HF1, AF2, etc) This gives the option for having very different kinds of battles. I believe this idea could really increase the playability of RE

I don't like the upgrade system, that's why it's always disabled by default and it's just the same as wfbe 071

all my system is based on the economy (money) and there is a parameter to remove combat plane or combat plane and helicopter to play only with land units and transport heli,

Could be possible to set the max upgrade by param but takes time and takes time to test, I don't have time at all, I can tell u where to work for that if u want take care of this feature

4) More RE compatible maps (I know you're already working on this)

The problem is the "quality" of the work, I mean I can easy place city and release several islands but neighbour system and towns layout in different amount, takes a lot of time to be tweaked to have the same takistan standards...

Lingor is ready also if it's without territorial link

Everon2010 is ready I've sent to Winston already

build 15 will be out also with Zagarbad version and a bit Improved Chernarus

I want to work on Saharani because I love that Islands and I guess that we can have really great fight there...

5) Increase the defensive range for ai units near a base. (Currently 400m, can we increase to 1000m?)

I don't understand what u mean, I guess the automanned radious? I've seen that is not working sometime at all..

6) Remove supply upgrade (or block it) since it's useless in RE (in the upgrade tree, this is more of a bug)

I will remove, but as I told u upgrade are not on top of my "idea" of warfare

7) Add a parameter that prevents base killing until timer hits a preset time (Unless of course that base is within 1000m of an enemy objective/town)

Takes time to do a proper system "working one" and I have no time

The main problem is everybody left the base and go, just forget and don't want to patrol and protect around

The second problem in takistan is not possible to really hide the base like in chernarus

I can't spend dev time on this but I can help u if u want to try ...

8) MHQ wreck labeled on map. (this is a must, some games mhq is destroyed, commander times out, and no one can find mhq)

Yes you are right MHQ wreck need a marker ( my mission is less "mainstream" than other so I supposed that com mark the mhq wreck )

but this will not take too much to do :)

9) In WF MENU-GEAR have ability to load gear directly into a vehicle via tab (where ai players are usually listed) I've seen this done on other versions of BE and it's an awesome feature. This way you can quickly fill up a vehicle with the ammo/weapons you want.

I checked the BE073 and it's nice gear menu, also vote menu improved, and found transfer and group and upgrade..

there is a big problem, BE2073 is using a lot of new function of WF3 and is not possible to use just some dialogs without a lot of work

I will try to ask Benny if he can guide me on the code just to add the vehicle feature but it will be hard also he have no time...

10) Remove buildings from showing on radar. This would make base hunting even harder, also there really is no reason to have it show. I realize this may not be something you can fix, but if you can that'd be great.

I will check if possible without too many working time...

There are several way to make base hunting harder...

1 protect with human and AI

2 create a fake base, I will decrease some fortification prices

3 create a base far from the map center... and only when safe move to another location

(people build the base too close to the hotzone and pretend to be safe in the very unsafe hot zone)

* during past tournament our opponents create some fake structures with camonet over and airstrike was really more hard because u don't have too many time to find the core buildings with camera... just use walls and camonet... as in real... and don't ignore the SKY!

People just whine about planes but newer prepare to that ... there are several ways to fight against the planes and they are expensive...

I plan to release the build 015 soon, because as I told before I don't want to spend too much time on development, without having a great group to play with. I am more a player than a dev that's the problem... :)

I will try to make u happy with the new build, and I will help if somebody wants to modify some stuff by himself

See u soon in game

Rubber

Hey rubber, add in low gear (2 speed transmision) for the tanks for hill climbing.As seen in some of the ru WF.

Hey rubber, add in low gear (2 speed transmision) for the tanks for hill climbing.As seen in some of the ru WF.

Also if my mission target is not mainstream, I will add this because tanks needs a bit of care, they are too easy to destroy due to AT equipment

I will release also an more hardcore version with some different param/dynamic in order to make harder rearm when died...

Thanks for looking into it Rubber! I realize some of those requests are difficult to implement but I appreciate you doing what you can. As for tank vulnerability, one solution I like to use on the UX server is turn on thermal vision in the parameters and use the TGW weapons mod (Gives opfor thermal). This makes killing tanks with infantry shoulder fired AT systems much harder.

Thanks for looking into it Rubber! I realize some of those requests are difficult to implement but I appreciate you doing what you can...

meh, if he chooses to script it from scratch maybe, else , he can just look into the ru warfare and see how they did it.

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

And yes we do all appreciate the work rubber!! Even though I havent actually played a2 for awhile, was just a suggestion to make RE even better:cool:

meh, if he chooses to script it from scratch maybe, else , he can just look into the ru warfare and see how they did it.

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

And yes we do all appreciate the work rubber!! Even though I havent actually played a2 for awhile, was just a suggestion to make RE even better:cool:

it's ok it's my way of working I am not "Benny" :) but "just" is never when u start to do some stuff like that....

btw I think I did a good job, and it's almost done :)

Build 15 Released :D

I want to say thank you to all people that played and used the mission during this year, special thanks to Urban Xtreme server/team that keep playing the RE during my "away" period.

all informations/changelog and download link here:

http://www.4qw.it/re

Takistan version ready,

Zargabad version ready,

Chernarus and other versions are WIP

there is link also for 014 Lingor if somebody wants to try

I will work on more islands porting after releasing Chernarus I plan to release Chernarus this during this week

Cheers

Edited by Rubberkite
Just impagination

Hey Rubber I've been following the changes you'll be making, we'll have to see what it does to the gameplay, hopefully it improves it.

One thing I had to ask, do you have any idea how to work with a headless client and/or create missions that will work with a HC? The reason I ask is that today we attempted to play Zargabad and after the server filled up and players all started purchasing ai the overall server fps dropped from 45-50fps to 2-4fps. From what I understand this was due to the ai doing too many calculations due to the # of buildings on the map. So in order to make those maps playable we only have 2 options, reduce the amount of ai players can purchase OR try and begin to implement headless client. Which requires that a server run a HC and a map be configured for HC.

IF we can get it to work this would mean that we could have thousandths of ai roaming a map and a server would not get bogged down to 4-5fps. Not to mention that we could run maps like Cherno, Zargabad, etc to run SMOOTH when there is a high player count and a lot of ai running around.

Just an idea, I have no idea how difficult this is to do but from what I've read if you can get it to work a HC would be very beneficial to RE.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143565-Post-here-all-what-you-know-about-implementation-of-the-headless-client-in-missions/page3

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Hi SpanishSurfer

Benny is working on 074 with HC support, let's see how it will works, using AI squads is super load for the server, and if HC works for sure there will be a boost.

I've tested yesterday build 15.02 with simpified upgrade new layout and many fixes, I will tweak a bit then send to UX team too

;)

Still waiting new tutorials

cheers

Posted a new tutorial today on how to run supply trucks

That's great mate, checking it now..

ready to add on the mission site and also in the first post of this thread

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

SOME INFO if u want to update:

Reward is easy to calc: SVx100 - town with 45 give 4500 with 75 7500 with 110 11000

Supply truck from a higher supply value town (current value not the max) can supply a lower value town without come back to HQ or Service Point.

for example if u have 4 truck in Falar 80/80 u can drive to Feruz Abad and raise its value to 80, then u need to carry supply from service point or HQ to fullfill the value to 150

Important:

More SV in town means more money and Supply ratio for minute, and also more occupation in case of enemy attack... a 150SV town with a value of 80 will spawn the n. of groups of a 80/80 town...

I plan to write a very detailed manual when I complete the Build 16

Nice, first time I played it today for a while. Need to learn how things work, a little different to the normal warfare modes out there. What I noticed is that you can send back trucks to resupply on the HQ. Doesnt this reveals the location if regulary trucks go into one direction ?

Thank you a lot for the modification, will check it out !

In general the warfare modes and weapon loadouts have balance issues i.e. high technology atg cost a "penny" and tanks quiete an amount and too many soldier are running around with them. Same for multiple units of AI i.e. max allowed AI units and all with atg´s. This is what did drive me away a bit from warfare and I always did wonder why this cant be adjusted.

Edited by oxmox

Rubber, any chance you could develop an autobalance script? We'd really like to stop the team stacking that happens very frequently on our server.

Rubber, any chance you could develop an autobalance script? We'd really like to stop the team stacking that happens very frequently on our server.

After completing the tournament edition, I will try to create a preset, with some tweaks for PUBLIC server, Teambalance script already exist for BE should be not too difficult to add, the only thing as I said before is the time :)

Nice, first time I played it today for a while. Need to learn how things work, a little different to the normal warfare modes out there. What I noticed is that you can send back trucks to resupply on the HQ. Doesnt this reveals the location if regulary trucks go into one direction ?

Thank you a lot for the modification, will check it out !

In general the warfare modes and weapon loadouts have balance issues i.e. high technology atg cost a "penny" and tanks quiete an amount and too many soldier are running around with them. Same for multiple units of AI i.e. max allowed AI units and all with atg´s. This is what did drive me away a bit from warfare and I always did wonder why this cant be adjusted.

Hi sorry for delay in answer I am busy with the LEAGUE

Supply truck can be reloaded also with service point, sure if u follow the truck u can find something ... ;)

The build 016 for the 2013 tournament will have more feature and will be more real and immersive as never before

Just tried your mission on UX server and it was a blast! Very meaningful changes.

Just tried your mission on UX server and it was a blast! Very meaningful changes.

Thanks a lot,

next build 16 is not so far and there are also nice changes inside!

Edited by Rubberkite

Hi Rubber, just thought i'd mention that you have a typo error in Mulladost. You have it as Mulladoost, sounds Scootish! ;)

After completing the tournament edition, I will try to create a preset, with some tweaks for PUBLIC server, Teambalance script already exist for BE should be not too difficult to add, the only thing as I said before is the time :)

Great, the sooner we get that script the better! It's a big problem with team stacking and if we can get it under control I think gameplay will be much more enjoyable for everyone, which will def increase the popularity of RE. Besides checking to see which team is uneven and then forcing a player into the under manned team, could you also have it check for team score? So for example, if both teams are even make the script check which team has the lower score and force the player to join the team with the lower score.

Much appreciated Rubber thanks!