Sign in to follow this  
rubberkite

WARFARE BE2 *Rubber Ed*

Hi mate

it's easy just ask to enable thermal weapons by parameters on startup

Oh OK, I thought RE disabled it by default. I was also talking about making FLIR available to OPFOR vehicles as well. Anyway to do that?

Oh OK, I thought RE disabled it by default. I was also talking about making FLIR available to OPFOR vehicles as well. Anyway to do that?

In my past edition I used some addons, one of this suits your need and is just updated ;)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12128

I'm in Egypt no time to work on mission now, but I hope that mission is still running on some server

Hej, wer are runing a server with the map since a few days. We are using a "standard" server.cfg, that was recommended at Bennys Edition.

We also know how to change the mission parameter. But is it possible to save/load a special cfg with these mission parameters? Every restart resets them.

Edited by maikfl

Hej, wer are runing a server with the map since a few days. We are using a "standard" server.cfg, that was recommended at Bennys Edition.

We also know how to change the mission parameter. But is it possible to save/load a special cfg with these mission parameters? Every restart resets them.

is possible only with editing of the starting parameter file, if u need help tell me I explain to you step by step

;)

Hi Rubber,

We have had the rubber ed on our server. Its a great game, but how do i put battle eye on the server side? This is not strictly a rubber ed question but any help would be great.

I enjoy this but I have difficulty with the mando missiles. I select AG mode and I open the little MMA video screen and locate a target, then I lock on with the left mouse when its over the target. Then I fire but the missile doesn't seek, it just shoots in to the sky. I thought it might have been firing rockets so I tried both right mouse button and left Windows key, but both did the same thing. Where am I going wrong? Other than that I love it. I miss some of the freedom from Bennys Edition because somehow the RE makes the map feel smaller. But overall I think it's better, not just in terms of gameplay like promoting PVP and improving the costs and income etc, but technically it seems better too. Like when one of my units dies, it updates on the UI far faster. I also like the visual representation of who is in my vehicle and where I am injured.

I enjoy this but I have difficulty with the mando missiles. I select AG mode and I open the little MMA video screen and locate a target, then I lock on with the left mouse when its over the target. Then I fire but the missile doesn't seek, it just shoots in to the sky. I thought it might have been firing rockets so I tried both right mouse button and left Windows key, but both did the same thing. Where am I going wrong? Other than that I love it. I miss some of the freedom from Bennys Edition because somehow the RE makes the map feel smaller. But overall I think it's better, not just in terms of gameplay like promoting PVP and improving the costs and income etc, but technically it seems better too. Like when one of my units dies, it updates on the UI far faster. I also like the visual representation of who is in my vehicle and where I am injured.

Thanks for nice words about mission :)

About mando lock I'm not sure 100% but can happen when u are on vehicle with gunner seat without any gunner, try to keep ai gunner on vehicle and lock will work, I usually destroy also base building with friend on ts laser designator for targets... so lock works but sometime also to me happened this try with AI gunner...

About freedom and size, the default setting are tailored for BoB server ( I don't know now how much people is still there) I'm outside my country, but is possible to change the N. of towns, and also the territorial link needed for capture and u can play much similar to benny edition default parameters.

Try also the lingor version it's nice, no territorial param yet and a lot of town in the jungle environment super nice work of Ice Breaker

Cheers

Rubber

We play rubber a lot on our server (Urban xtreme), And chance of some new maps? I know you've done lingor, but how do i get that for my server?

thanks a lot to all I appreciate that my mission is still running in some servers

for lingor version just download the mission 7zip file there: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16309

you need to run lingor island on client / server in order to play there :)

have fun

Rubber

This is only a link with taki & cherna version inside the zip.

This is only a link with taki & cherna version inside the zip.

Sorry I was sure that was all togheter in the zip.

Ok there is a simple way if you join a server with a mission, you will find the mission on the folder mpmission cache

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?61394-The-MP-Missions-Cache-Folder

If someone whant's to upload the lingor pbo he is welcome, at moment I can't access to my gaming files

Thanks and sorry for bad information.

Hi rubber,

I have a few questions.

1. Would putting a normal lingor map on our server allow us to play rubber ed on lingor? Or will you include these on later builds (with everon pls)?

2. We have tried to run RCON on our rubber server, but it doesn't work. we have had the odd hacker and would like to ban them ;)

3. Any chance of tweaking the balance of east so that it is similar to west. West has better kit/weapons/vehicles, and we have noticed that most people want to play west.

4. Are you planning to bring rubber to ARMA 3?

5. pls come and join us on urban xtreme server ;)

No, only way to get the lingor mission(at the moment) is to join a server where it runs.

3. this is more a arma prob .....the armies ingame are unbalanced... only way is to let out west stuff or adding addons for east

Hi rubber,

I have a few questions.

1. Would putting a normal lingor map on our server allow us to play rubber ed on lingor? Or will you include these on later builds (with everon pls)?

2. We have tried to run RCON on our rubber server, but it doesn't work. we have had the odd hacker and would like to ban them ;)

3. Any chance of tweaking the balance of east so that it is similar to west. West has better kit/weapons/vehicles, and we have noticed that most people want to play west.

4. Are you planning to bring rubber to ARMA 3?

5. pls come and join us on urban xtreme server ;)

1 Addon and mission are two different things, Island Lingor by Icebreaker is an addon with a complete new island where to play, with different landscapese, you need both Island Lingor and my mission pbo file, I will try to upload.

2 I don't know RCON but a mission should not interfee with it, I can't help you.

3 About balance: one reason to play rubber edition is the balance :) there are several weapons, and also Av8 harrier on redfor side, the prices of the staff is also a bit different, and everythings is cross balanced, sorry but I've meet a lot of pussy players that play only blue to win instead of learn a bit how to play and have fun with redfor. This mission is tournament mission and there is many many hours of work on balance, just try to find with experience how to optimize what you have...

4-5 thanks a lot for inviting me on your server, I will send my team mate spaghetti gladio e cccpsquad, I'm not in italy at moment in egypt and connection is usb stick, is good enought for surfing the web but I don't think enough for playing.

About arma 3 the announced changes are really great and if the engine will start to use more the GPU maybe will run much more smooth and with better physic/graphic/lightening system. I don't know how long I will work in egypt so I can't answer at moment but for sure if I will play arma 3 I will try to continue with my edition as benny for sure will do :) I also like to fly and seems that this aspect will be a bit inproved with the TOH engine... we will see, it the only game that I play when I have time and connection ...

have fun

Cheers!

Rubber

hi there. small question to that fantastic gamemode:

when i'm playing online, there are most of the time small (script?)error messages displayed in black and white. my friends don't seem to have that messages, but i dont know why. is it possible to disable it?

we are using different launchers (me: six updater, they: play withsix). i saw that there is an option for disabling error messages.. but before i start big action, i wanted to ask here...

the map was [64] Warfare V2.071-Takistan (but it's not the only map)

greets & thx for help

[edit]

Okay, i guess i found the solution: Somehow, in SU, the game wasn't set to Combined Operations (just "OA any autodetect"). Up to now, there are no new error notifications..

Edited by Sagehorn

hi, thank in first for work, in secound i try to find server to dowload your mission for lingor. what server have it? thank in advance

ello peep

2 I don't know RCON but a mission should not interfere with it, I can't help you

So answer me this please...

Do you run a Rubber server? If so, how do you ban people?

I'm with Winston. & we are having a bloody hard time, to say the least, getting Rcon to work on our server! Rcon is a tool that plugs into ArmA 2 that you can control the server with it. We've been trying about 5 months & with no success.

Any advice would be appreciated. On how to ban hackers/cheaters/TK'ers ;)

Cheers

mickyfen

p.s. I think I've found a fix. We have a DayZ(POS) & rubber server & it looks like you have to install them in to separate root folders for this to work. Trying that now will report back ASAP.

Edited by mickyfen

ello peep

So answer me this please...

Do you run a Rubber server? If so, how do you ban people?

I'm with Winston. & we are having a bloody hard time, to say the least, getting Rcon to work on our server! Rcon is a tool that plugs into ArmA 2 that you can control the server with it. We've been trying about 5 months & with no success.

Any advice would be appreciated. On how to ban hackers/cheaters/TK'ers ;)

Cheers

mickyfen

p.s. I think I've found a fix. We have a DayZ(POS) & rubber server & it looks like you have to install them in to separate root folders for this to work. Trying that now will report back ASAP.

I can figure out that RCOn should be an admin tool that helps you to do task that you can do in other ways, you can ban people in game with admin command, and you can check the banned id, in the banned txt file, I'm bit out of gaming/arma world at moment, but someone can point you in right topic and there is a lot of way to manage a server, I hope you will find your way :)

oh, we need i44 version of this^^

I44 is growing and it's really a nice mod, I can't promise but in the winter time I will have a bit of time with arma....

;)

Cheers

Rubber

maybe, you can show me which files i need to edit so I can try it by myself.:)

Hi rubber,

1. once mhq is destroyed, could the position still be marked on the map for the next build? We joined a game, our mhq destroyed. but no one had an idea where it was. dead mhq disapears?

2. could we have options to change peace time setting in parameters?

Many thx

Hi rubber,

1. once mhq is destroyed, could the position still be marked on the map for the next build? We joined a game, our mhq destroyed. but no one had an idea where it was. dead mhq disapears?

2. could we have options to change peace time setting in parameters?

Many thx

1 when MHQ is destroyed you should be able to respawn to all owned town plus MHQ, so you should have a yellow circle on the MHQ position, no MHQ wreck will remain on battlefield will be never removed.

2 I don't remember if I added the option to set the peace timer on parameters, if not, you can only edit the file common\init\initcommonconstant.sqf ( or something like this ) there are all the mission variables on it

to Telix

you should unpack the mission and check by your self, I think that it's a huge job, and you should use a benny edition I44 that I've aready seen running somewhere to have all the classnames of the unit in the warfare files, so you can copy that job on my edition, weapons and unit lot of entry I think the best start is to find the I44 version of warfare and try it, some vehicle like ambulance are missing and they used humwee I didn't like this solution but if the modders will add in future some utility vehicles would be great to make a full I44 warfare!

I will check back in december !

cheers guys!

Great tutorial! I will check when you will upload new advanced tutorials.

Only one thing is not correct, you don't need to put your infantry inside the city depot, the important things is to have infantry unit (player or AI) in the capture radious, same for city or strongpoints, the timer goes down every 5 seconds and if you have more infantry the second removed to the main timer are more and the capture ratio is faster.

A lot of people claims about the time to capture an "upgraded" stong point .. but this version is teamplay oriented so if you attack with a team and with AI the time to capture will be lower.... if you keep infantry unit in the strongpoint radious you will upgrade the timer from 50 to 100 in order to slow down enemy recap... all this was studied after a lot of battles...

Hope to see soon your next tutorial

cheers

Rubber