Sign in to follow this  
Impact

Activating Time Compression?

Is there a way to manually set time compression on?

No or else you would have been able to fast forward and see the answer.

Oh you mean in the game?

Why would you want to? If you are not doing something constantly, the enemy carrier will begin eating your lunch because he doesn't pause.

-X

Why would you want to? If you are not doing something constantly, the enemy carrier will begin eating your lunch because he doesn't pause.

I am guessing waiting for something to be manufactured, or perhaps waiting to see where the other carrier hits so you can avoid or attack .. ..

G

While you are travelling, you get a bit of time compression, and you're not doing anything in that time anyways. I try to make sure I've got all I can on the go before I set sail anywhere. Even the supply barques will come to you while you're travelling in the timewarp.

While you are travelling, you get a bit of time compression, and you're not doing anything in that time anyways. I try to make sure I've got all I can on the go before I set sail anywhere. Even the supply barques will come to you while you're travelling in the timewarp.

I found out this morning that you can get re-supplied on the move - very useful, also you can still mess around with production whilst in timewarp .. .. .. Of course that doesn't help if you run out of carrier fuel or lose all your units - no timewarp and a LOT to manufacture. In the full game this would probably be less of a problem since you will have time to stockpile - especially if you can start off with all islands neutral - strategic mode rather than action mode !!!

G

I dont want to waste fuel by sailing around

I would not mind not having a manual time compression if the time in game was the same time as real life. It seems like 1 second in game takes like 6 or 7 seconds in real life.

Yeah I would appreciate a manual Timewarp button. The time units are very confusing. They are not seconds. A countdown timer for unit production would be nice - the progress bar means nothing time wise. Same with vehicle repairs.

Also - the travel timer is way off.

I dont want to waste fuel by sailing around

I wasn't implying that you should sail around to wait for stuff, I was just saying that you can use the travel time to your advantage. It is beneficial to make sure you have stuff being manufactured / transfered / etc while you're in the time warp.

But lets say it is night, and i want to attack an island in the morning, why should i be forced to wait in realtime instead of using time compression till the sun rises?

Not to forget that you waste fuel when you travel around, so you still have to wait for fuel to be produced because instead of the old game, which produced fuel parallel to equipment, you build fuel packs, which take production time out of your schedule.

Why are you defending giving the player less options?

well beta is beta, i'm sure bis gonna add more stuffs to it like upgrading the carrier, satellite enemy carrier tracking upgrade, much better prolonged and tactical carrier battle and etc.

i'm willing to wait for it since bis is 1 of the dev that actually listened to its gamers.

did u also notice the waypoint of the carrier is not efficient but it works, give them time to shape this game to be as epic as its menu theme :)

Edited by gunso

Yeah, but better mention something too often then not mentioning at all because of thinking that the dev already thought about that.

I am just saying what needs to improve.

I second the notion of a timer till completion of an order of, for example, new Mantas or Walruses and all the other stuff. Same goes for repairs on the Carrier and perhaps for vehicles as well (although I don't know how fast or slow they are right now).

Fuels should have a form of measurement as well.