Sign in to follow this  
MrSquid

Island Attack False Alarm?

So I was in the middle of liberating one island when I started getting messages about one of my resource islands being attacked. When I finally finished up at the first island I dashed across the map to the island under attack only to find no trace of the enemy. All the buildings looked intact and I didn't see any enemy units at all, but it was still flashing red on the map. Any idea what that's about?

Edit: So I sailed away from the island "under attack" and went to the next enemy island, and lo and behold the enemy carrier was there! Yet the island I left still said it was under attack!

Edited by MrSquid

Sometimes the enemy carrier gives up and leaves, but the island still flashes red as if under attack. It'll then eventually attack another island, which also flashes red. It seems that the Attack Repulsed flag isn't showing up to reset the map screens.

Yeah it's a weird one.

On one occasion the enemy carrier left my island in a haste and left behind 3 walrus vehicles though, maybe one of those got lost on the island somewhere out of turret reach and invisible to the player because of a lack of line of sight?

When the enemy carrier attacks an island, and leaves for whatever reason, and abandons it's vehicles - that's what appears to leave the island flashing red.

I chased the enemy carrier away from my starting island, it left with all four heavy Manta's in tow. I let it go. On the island map, however I had red numbers for all four enemy Walruses, three heavies with cannons, and a light with a gatling and a hack capsule. No icons, just the numbers. Nice touch giving him the advantage from the get go :( Anyway - the vehicles were there and could be physically bumped around by banging into them with my own Walruses. They could NOT be destroyed, no matter what I tried. They could not be hacked either :(

Four abandoned vehicles with all sorts of goodies would have made a lovely addition to my starting fleet. I don't see why I couldn't salvage them, but Computer Says No.

I'll try and save this game and come back to them after a few more island takes, see if they are still around, and if the island is still flashing.

Edited by Harbinger

Question:

If I am attacking a enemy island and I get the message that one of my islands is under attack. Do I, rush to my island that is under attack or carry on with my incursion?

I noticed the same... often the enemy carrier isn't there when the alert starts.. It seems that the warning will start when the enemy carrier reaches the boarder of your island zone and this one is far away from the real island.. Just have a look if you click on the open see - So it might be usual that the alert starts but you arent able to see him if you are next to your isle.

Sometimes the enemy carrier just starts an attack on my island while I'm attacking one of hims. If i continue my attack the enemy carrier also reaches his island to defent but my island is still on alert.

Question:

If I am attacking a enemy island and I get the message that one of my islands is under attack. Do I, rush to my island that is under attack or carry on with my incursion?

I always continue my attack, especially since confronting the enemy carrier will probably end in game over one way or another...

G

I always continue my attack, especially since confronting the enemy carrier will probably end in game over one way or another...

G

I went back once and chased the enemy carrier away, but I hated having to leave the island that I was attacking because I was having so much fun. I don't think I will bother next time.

When the enemy carrier attacks an island, and leaves for whatever reason, and abandons it's vehicles - that's what appears to leave the island flashing red.

I chased the enemy carrier away from my starting island, it left with all four heavy Manta's in tow. I let it go. On the island map, however I had red numbers for all four enemy Walruses, three heavies with cannons, and a light with a gatling and a hack capsule. No icons, just the numbers. Nice touch giving him the advantage from the get go :( Anyway - the vehicles were there and could be physically bumped around by banging into them with my own Walruses. They could NOT be destroyed, no matter what I tried. They could not be hacked either :(

Four abandoned vehicles with all sorts of goodies would have made a lovely addition to my starting fleet. I don't see why I couldn't salvage them, but Computer Says No.

I'll try and save this game and come back to them after a few more island takes, see if they are still around, and if the island is still flashing.

That is an awful lot of manufacturing time abandoned on an island - I would hope that the AI has it's inventory/manufacturing enforced, like yours is .. ..

G