Sign in to follow this  
CybeRNerO

Updating the client

We have a Beta version and the release of the game is due in September, which gives us 5 months till that day.

The build we all downloaded is not the complete one (hence the beta, right?).

Is there any module implemented into the current build to check for a more updated one and download the latest changes?

Most beta testing projects I have participated had an update check before the game started (I also happen to participate in Alpha testing of a WIP game and it does have that feature too).

How are we supposed to beta test the fixes?

PS. This is not a complaining post, I was just curious for the way we are going to receive future updates and fixes on the road to release!

Normally BI will provide a patch download link when an update is available (it's what they do for Arma and ToH anyway). You download it, run it, and it patches the game. I would assume the same thing will happen with Carrier Command.

Normally BI will provide a patch download link when an update is available (it's what they do for Arma and ToH anyway). You download it, run it, and it patches the game. I would assume the same thing will happen with Carrier Command.

Yeah, you are right, I never took into consideration the patching method used on the other games made by BI, but I strongly believe that in the case of a beta testing (which the fixes should come out biweekly), a more "automated" way of updating would be appropriate or at least a newest version check should be implemented (so the betatesters won't consume time on reporting solved bugs if they haven't been notified of a newest build). Whatever the way they use though, I will keep providing feedback for this jewel, I have played about 10 hours (with all the known bugs included) and I find it AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see the finished and polished version :)

Publishing Update is naturally, I think. Tomorrow, the devs are working again, making an 3 hour lastings pardy about the successful Beta release, then brainstorming the next 5 hours about how to handle the bugs and suggestions. Hopefully fixing things the next 3 days :-)

Because of double, tripple and quadposting the same things in the forums and the bugticket system Mantis. They have an personally interest of supplyng the Beta Tester guys (and girls?) with an update of the game.

I am sure they will announce an update at end of the week.

We can expect many update until the septembre rain :-)

BIS are very proactive with updates so they won't be long getting some problems solved shortly after getting back into work.

Oh thank god!

Been waiting to hear some official reporting that the beta is being worked on and will be released shortly to fix/add bugs/new toys haha

:yay:

Oh thank god!

Been waiting to hear some official reporting that the beta is being worked on and will be released shortly to fix/add bugs/new toys haha

:yay:

Where did you hear this "Official" news?

I am eagerly anticipating patches to the BETA.

There are some critical issues that need to be addressed and five months isn't that long......I want this game to shine and be a GOTY contender !