Sign in to follow this  
JHarley1

Oxygen 2 - OBJ Import

Hello,

I am having some problems importing a OBJ file into Oxygen 2. The 3D model is imported but they textures are not (they have a yellow question mark next to them in the resource library).

The material points towards the correct textures and they are in TGA format.

Is there an OBJ import tutorial?

Can anyone assist?

J

erm... I am a newbie and I do not know how to import OBJ with textures included, but I could notice that usually UV map should be renamed as 0 (zero) so O2PE can show it...

Just replace the names of the missing textures with the names of textures that actually exist using the mass material and texture renaming tool under tools.

Important Error. Value fault in line xxxxxx

Today i found one model, that i can open. I think it's a "memory" problem. But with 8GB, strange

Although it's been a while I remember a similar sounding error for when you import a model that has more than 4 points (IE, it's not a triangle or quad). Might be worth checking just to rule out that possibility.

Important Error. Value fault in line xxxxxx

Today i found one model, that i can open. I think it's a "memory" problem. But with 8GB, strange

As a rule of thumb, if you require help here, you really need to provide a lot more information and details about what your issue is:

1. What is your vertex/traingle/poly count

2. Is the model Z or Y up (depends on the exports options and/or software used to make it)

3. Is you model made out of quads and triangles? Do you have any ngons?

etc...

Pufu, idk norhing about this model. I found it on a webside with open models for free downlaod. Maybe i can contact the artist

you know nothing about the model (nor the permission required for it), yet you post here about help you can't get...why would you even want to open it in O2 anyways?

PuFu, i want to open it, because to create a car. And the owner of the model give the permission to downlaod and work with it...

PuFu, i want to open it, because to create a car. And the owner of the model give the permission to downlaod and work with it...

no one here can help you out unless you provide more info about the model. just open it in a proper 3d modelling software and see whats wrong with it. such modelling software is blender free or max/maya edu versions