Sign in to follow this  
glowbal

Interaction Scripts

yeah, pesky TSA perverts will LOVE that.

and obviously one of them will make some missions for that ;-)

I love the ideas that you have for the hearts and minds aspect. If you need help testing the script system for the core features i know a few groups who will test this out once i include it into my base missions setups once a stable Linux binary is available (Some are in the process of switching to windows DS).

Addons are a tricky thing as the more addon dependent a public server is the lower the population is. Unless your group is a larger size like United Operations ware you can get away with addon dependency. Although i would love to see everyone use this mod as it adds a game play mechanic that ArmA is missing. I would love to see lots of public servers use this but it hard enough just getting people to have ACE or even ACRE lol. Now dont take all that the wrong way some things can only be done through the use of an addon and it makes me vary happy to see that the core aspect is going to be available in script form. Im more interested in the addon version now from that last update and what you are wanting to add to the mod. From what you say the addon version is going to do I can see lots of people wanting to use it if it can hold up and not kill a 60+ player server. My initial use is to implement it into public missions that run on Recruiting servers (my current restrictions on thies are it can not be addon dependent other then CBA/ACE).

Hi i follow your mod since the begining and i really like it ! for some coop scenario with lot of people it can be really cool (i have a scenario for a joint ops it's an island attack by some marines forces and they have the R3F logistic so you need to create your own base) and i think your script can be very usefull for that mission and i have a small question , your second mod who add the ability to dring and eat look like a sort of dayZ variant but for military usage (and not zombie game) i really looking foward for this mod ! i really like the idea of survability !

From what you say the addon version is going to do I can see lots of people wanting to use it if it can hold up and not kill a 60+ player server.

We've ran our first mission with ~60 players last sunday succesfully.There were some minor cosmetic bugs I found out, but nothing major and they have already been fixed. This wednesday we are going to run another mission with the same if not more players.

Btw, I noticed a lot of people are under the impression that when you talk to a civi, he might give you intel. Unfortunaly that is not in. I am working on an system that does that, however it takes some time. I will obviously show it when it's working.

this looks and sounds absolutely amazing. it would be nice if you could also setup a medical station in a town to where civilians would come to get treated, again hearts and minds. i know thats a long shot but it certainly would be cool. im all about immersion and arma is getting more and more to a continues playable state, i.e. mso having a database backing up missions so even when the server crashes the mission loads right back up. include this hearts and minds system and you could realistically simulate actual deployments. keep this up, i can not wait for a release on this.

Sorry for the radio silence there. We're still alive and working on the modules.

Over the last two months, we've been running a series of successful tests, which have turned up a few minor bugs and flaws. At the moment, we're working on them as well as a code restructure to allow the scripts to run even smoother.

The medical station has already been on my personal wish list for a while, and I'm certain I'll get that in eventually, however, at the moment we have a few more important features we want in there before we can take on that one. But we'll get around to it. At the moment, the hearts and minds portion of the scripts keeps track of actions of BLUFOR individuals, e.g. killing civilians makes them more hostile, while giving them food or water raises their disposition.

Hello,

As gobbo said, we've been doing some tests (60+ players COOP missions) and are currently working on some internal parts. I've been buzy over the past few months, so process is unfortunaly not going as fast as one would hope. That said, soon I'll be able to pick up a good phase again and hopefully got something to show you guys again! I've got some pretty cool plans for additional things to add (I say intel gathering). That said, I might release a basic version with some of the finished features for you to play around with. More to come within the next few weeks!

Lots of small fixes and minor tweaks done, as well as rewritten certain parts. Still a lot of work to do regarding that.

But I've also made some progress with something new:

It's build on the same mechanics as the search vehicle bit, but a bit revamped. No longer instant finding things, no finding everything there is to find in one go.

You have to search multiple times. Moving around is necessary in order to find everything. Standing still on one spot and spamming the search building button will only result in a "You cannot find anything new" message.

I can just imagine the crazy fun missions one can make using this stuff! I'm already excited! :D

Could add a completely new dimension to mission making, looks really interesting.

Great job..

Now if only the objects themselves were spawned as you were hunting for them :)

Now if only the objects themselves were spawned as you were hunting for them :)

Someone mentioned that yesterday evening when I was trying it out in MP. Which by the way worked pretty neat. No real issues. Only issue is probably the benefit from searching something. What could you gain, etc.

I could perhaps look into making it like that. Putting new objects in isn't to much of a problem. Just need to make new models for it some day, which is the problem. Probably a good project to keep myself buzy during next weekend.

a must-have for the ACE mod, as much as the Shacktac littlebird (maybe, but this would make ACE SP experience far better)

a must-have for the ACE mod, as much as the Shacktac littlebird (maybe, but this would make ACE SP experience far better)

I'd say ST BunnyHop, St Littlebird Enhancement and ST HUD are essencial. At least for me :P

I can't wait until I can use this in a mission, and if it works great for MP, how taxing would it be for a dedicated server?

Ok so I manged to get the load in vehicle working last week. Now I'm trying to get it MP, JIP and Respawn compatible. That's however proving to be quite difficult. I'm guessing it's something to do with the AI unit being server side and the caller of the action is a player.

Everything else, the Arrest, Search etc, is now MP/JIP/Respawn compatible. No more bugs as far I know. Next up is some improvements to search parts of both Vehicles and Civi's. Hopefuly more on this soon.

I'm really interested in that, I use ACE and some other mods for MP missions ACE has a great "Help <unit> to start walking" action which basically is carrying the wounded unit, but there is no way of loading them into a car nearby is there anyway you could make it happen? ;)

I'm really interested in that, I use ACE and some other mods for MP missions ACE has a great "Help <unit> to start walking" action which basically is carrying the wounded unit, but there is no way of loading them into a car nearby is there anyway you could make it happen? ;)

Yes there is! You can load people into vehicles