Sign in to follow this  
ElToro

Enemy Carrier - gamestopper

Happens to me aswell, but completely random also. The crash always has a different report when I alt tab. First time I fought the carrier the game didn't crash.

To all those experiencing crashes there is a crash log in C:/Documents/CarrierCommand/Crash.txt. I'd advise shooting that to the feedback people so they can work on fixing it for the next build.

Ive had 3 out of 5 crashes with the Carrier. Love the new version. First played CC on a Amiga500 one or two years ago. Im going to try tuning down the AI and see how I go....keep up the great work BI.

Today I firstime met enemy Carrier. Its immediately ride over my positon, colised to my ship, moved 300m behind me and stoped. No enemy planes or fire, just stoped. So i tried to move to his side (like ship battles during 12.-18. century, but my carrier had no chance and was immediately destroyed.

I guess its wrong AI.

I dont understand, what this ship done. It tried to capture my island. But abov Island were none enemies units, my units on the island were above my undestroeyd structures. And enemy carrier just stood next to the island.

I suppose it should return to the main island, if it loosed its APCs and Planes

Yeah I think Carrier vs Carrier battles are still a little 'alpha' at the moment :) If it doesn't just rock up to you and blow you away in 20 seconds then I just engage it from extreme range with the plasma cannon (kill the turrets first...) and leave it burning but not destroyed so I can get on with capturing islands which is a lot more fun. Usually you won't hear from the enemy again till you are ready to capture the last island!

Tweaking and debugging the carrier battles looks like the biggest job for BIS with the beta so far. There's a save game crash as well but otherwise I'm having a lot of fun 'testing' this game. Can't wait for the next update!

Lets just say that the carrier function is still not complete, there should be atless some function to give automatic control for turrets(like changing AA turrets and main gun combat behavior)

In contact with enemy carrier i had two situtations today.

First, enemy carrier just didnt move and let himself destroyed from the distance by plasma gun. No attemp to escape. No enemy manthas attacked me.

Second situation, he again reached toward my ship, but missed, stoped behind 300m and stood there. I turned the carrier (moving carrier on the sea is VERY UNREALISTIC, like water has no physic, no resistence).

edit: I would appretiate, if ships could behave, like in Sillent Hounter series (just without diving). That includes ocean's waves, better controling the speed (not just on WSAD on kayboard) at least turning ship (again put an angle by commpas, not WSAD keyboard). And its speed during turning shoud be slower. View distance is very LOW, no chance for supprising mantha attacks (by rockets, bombs....) and like I said, i miss a commpas or larger map where i could see icons of enemy position.

When i controled plasma gun, other guns didnt fire. When i switched into the matnas, all carrier weapons start fire automaticly. It is Fault. There should be some managmement in giving orders and controling turrets. And they should fire autmaticly, not only when i switch into the some of my other unit.

edit2: It could be interesting, if the plasmagun would be switched by classic GUN (350mm for example) and battles would look like the battles durring WWI and WWII. It would be an interesting game, when we have to count trajectory of the shot/granade from our gun, whitch could be influenced by distance, speed -our and enemy ship, speed of the bullet... I think, this view of the sea battles would brung much more enjoy.

edit3: do you think, BI is watching the forum terms? In Worl in Conflict, they controled forums and reacted on the players - debuging game.

The Carrier AI Turrets do autofire, but it's heavily bugged. It will work, but only randomly. This also seems to be the source of crashes. Summary:

Reason: Access Violation. Illegal write by 119610fc at 1

Class: WeaponManager

Fuction: Autofire

It seems that any unit attacking the enemy carrier will cause this crash. (Carrier not really there to the code? Or maybe targeting data is overflowing?)

EDIT

And on the enemy carrier game-stopper bit: http://www.carriercommand.com/feedback/view.php?id=35, fifth note.

Edited by Anticept

i have to agree with some of the posts the enemy carrier killed me in seconds then i crashed lol no dought they will fix it but im going to keep letting him cap my islands for now ill just cap one of his hehehe

I had a fight with the enemy carrier, and it ran for it with my walruses in hot pursuit.