Sign in to follow this  
ElToro

Enemy Carrier - gamestopper

Currently, enemy AI just don't give me chance to play - when i first encounter him, it's game over. Even when enemy is almost dead - all turrets gone, enginge damaged, command tower gone he still try to rush at me, and die. At the time of my first encounter i can hardly capture 1 enemy island, or build CMD at neutral island.

There is only two solutions:

1. Game don't stop at enemy carrier destruction.

2. Impove AI - at least, enemy carrier should retreat, when heavy damaged.

Until this i just cannot play. Maybe someone alse have solution to this problem?

This ..... is ...... a ..... beta. You signed up for it. This feedback is useful, but give BIS time.

There are already a few people asking for the first option anyway so hopefully that will make it into the full version...

G

2. Impove AI - at least, enemy carrier should retreat, when heavy damaged.

Hhm 1 time I discovered the enemy Carrier, it was retreat heavy damaged so I think this works... sometimes

Hint, Pull the first slider to the right. This way you are having greater chance to try out the game.

Edited by Placebo

I have seen the enemy carrier retreat. Matter of fact, I was annoyed that it is faster than my carrier.

This ..... is ...... a ..... beta. You signed up for it. This feedback is useful, but give BIS time.

=))) I'm not ragequiting =)) Just sharing my problem, and providing possible solutions to fix it. And, yes, i understand, that there is almost half of year till release =)

funny joke =)

Didnt we give BIS time with vehicle AI/pathfinding since 10 years now? Did they become "significantly" better? Well, not in the Arma's Ive played =)

You say "beta", but I own you with saying "OPF, Arma1, Arma2" - advancement in vehicle AI? partly...

I have seen the enemy carrier retreat. Matter of fact, I was annoyed that it is faster than my carrier.

Yes, I managed to find the enemy carrier and came up behind it, but although heavily damaged, he managed to flee and got away because he was so much faster.

funny joke =)

Didnt we give BIS time with vehicle AI/pathfinding since 10 years now? Did they become "significantly" better? Well, not in the Arma's Ive played =)

You say "beta", but I own you with saying "OPF, Arma1, Arma2" - advancement in vehicle AI? partly...

Is it me or do you keep posting that in a whole bunch of threads?

Ok so you want to see the game and all the fancy weapons but the carrier attacks you straight away and ruins all of it yeah?

ok so here how to solve this little problem

set armour on the carrier to max repair speed, sail up and attack the nme carrier with all walruses and mantas in dock then launch them after the carrier is tanking then withdraw them when the nme carrier stops shooting and let it sail away.

its worked for me, also I try and have the carrier strentgh at 0 on the slider bar..

the original had heaps more islands and you couldnt sail from 1 side of the map to the other on one tank that i remeber. The ai is brutal lol.

but I own you with...

No, you don't own anyone. If you want to do nothing but complain about a product that isn't finished even though you knew going in it wasn't finished - I am not even sure you "own" common sense. Stop being a troll, contribute to a work in progress and learn that when you bring a mature, well thought out suggestion or issue to the table, your going to get a lot more accomplished than whining and acting like your 31337.

Ok so you want to see the game and all the fancy weapons but the carrier attacks you straight away and ruins all of it yeah?

ok so here how to solve this little problem

set armour on the carrier to max repair speed, sail up and attack the nme carrier with all walruses and mantas in dock then launch them after the carrier is tanking then withdraw them when the nme carrier stops shooting and let it sail away.

its worked for me, also I try and have the carrier strentgh at 0 on the slider bar..

the original had heaps more islands and you couldnt sail from 1 side of the map to the other on one tank that i remeber. The ai is brutal lol.

The small number of islands is only for the beta. Needless to say that's probably what's making production seem so slow as well.

funny joke =)

Zothen, this is a beta. It was clearly a beta when you signed up for it. If you are shocked that it isn't a complete game, no one can help you.

BIS decided to get this beta out so people can play the game early, and be helpful by giving feedback. Bringing up criticism of totally unrelated games of the past 10 years is not helpful for anyone. Please stay on topic.

edit: I almost forgot the reason I came to this thread. I am also experiencing a crash when the enemy carrier appears.

Edited by Max Power

i did relize this was a beta when I sighned up for it... I do hope they give us some patches for more islands tho, i have a fully equiped manta and walrus fleet and haveing a ball. if you get good at aiming with the heat round gun its 1 shot kills for the win. missiles work a treat 2 but the walrus missil launcher is mainly for hiting air i think as it aims up slightly.

I put the enemy carrier to flight already, too. So it definitely works. The enemy carrier is faster than your own - as it was in the original Carrier Command from 1988. That shouldn't be changed - it's more fun to hunt it down that way.

Surely the AI is not completely balanced at the moment, but - as mentioned by others - that is probably based on the fact it's still Beta. Some of the islands are very hard to take, some are conquered almost by itself. Sometimes the enemy carrier seems almost invincible, sometimes it doesn't even turn to use it's frontal plasma gun. There is much to do until release AI-wise. But overall the game is on the right track IMHO. Our job is to tell Bohemia Interactive our opinions and experiences. In turn they will hopefully provide one of the best RTS ever. There's still a lot to be done for both sides...

Yeah, I was able to make it run away once, too, so it's not crashing all of the time. Most of the time it just takes out my offensive arms first couple of shots and then about 30 seconds later I get this sinking feeling.... glub glub glub.

Yeah, I was able to make it run away once, too, so it's not crashing all of the time. Most of the time it just takes out my offensive arms first couple of shots and then about 30 seconds later I get this sinking feeling.... glub glub glub.

I normally get that crashing feeling when I meet the enemy carrier, although the last time he turned tail and ran. I was a little surprised that the 20 or so Plasma bolts up his rear end didn't seem to affect his engines at all.

G

Something else i noticed, if you get a manta or walrus closeish but low the nme carrier cant hit them as the gun depresion is to low. So 1 walrus can disable all of its guns, maybe 2 runs with a manta...

just have to deal with there forces first.

I think we need auto turrets, because if enemy attacks, it uses all it turrets but when you drive your carrier, none of your turrets attacks and when you control 1 turret then others do nothing, I think it needs to be changed bit...

This crashing when the enemy carrier is destroyed is killing the play fun for me atm.

I am not sure how random this is for others but every game I play is like 30 minutes and always the same.

I try to take the free island, attack an enemy island, get a report one of my islands is attacked, go there, attack the carrier and game crashes. Its not really fun like this..........anyone of you is actually able to occupy islands without meeting the carrier? I tried now 5 times and feel a bit well ............repetative.

I am not complaining, I know its a beta. Just wondering if its just me. Maybe I need to reboot my comp (makes no sense I know) cause its running 3 weeks straight already so maybe the game caches itself somewhere? (I experienced this with an OA preview version as well where random town placements were always the same)

Just want to know if others experience a different game everytime they try or not.

Same here. If you look at bug tracker a lot of people are having the issue. I love the game but the crashing is killing me.

I wonder if or when a patch is coming?

I came across the enemy carrier. "Oh look the enemy carrier" I said, it proceeded to rape me violently. I didn't crash though, but then I didn't get a shot off lol.

Still learning the game :)

This crashing when the enemy carrier is destroyed is killing the play fun for me atm.

I am not sure how random this is for others but every game I play is like 30 minutes and always the same.

I try to take the free island, attack an enemy island, get a report one of my islands is attacked, go there, attack the carrier and game crashes. Its not really fun like this..........anyone of you is actually able to occupy islands without meeting the carrier? I tried now 5 times and feel a bit well ............repetative.

I am not complaining, I know its a beta. Just wondering if its just me. Maybe I need to reboot my comp (makes no sense I know) cause its running 3 weeks straight already so maybe the game caches itself somewhere? (I experienced this with an OA preview version as well where random town placements were always the same)

Just want to know if others experience a different game everytime they try or not.

Agreed, something needs to be done with that enemy carrier. I actually managed to take one industry enemy island in one time, but I lowered enemy difficulty bit, so maybe it was dumb enough not to throw its carrier near me so quickly. At the moment I think problem is that, enemy trying rush you, its like command rush tactic in 'supream commander 2', where you get your commander unit upgrades fast and then kill everything. I think enemy should need to keep it carrier far away from player carrier until it have good upgrades, and strength etc. It's like other strategy games where you should protect your command structure/unit at any cost not to throw it front line first possible moment.

And I think enemy should "spawn" other side of the island, not the same spot...

Usually I can play for hours without any CTD - I have more fun than you should expect being possible on a Beta, BTW. Chances are the system crashes when the enemy carrier is around, but it's not neccessarily so. I really can't find a conclusive reason for those crashes so far. They seem random with a slight increase as soon as the enemy carrier is in the vicinity. The carrier fights itself are a matter of luck at most. The enemy carrier is releasing all his mantas and walrusses when the fight starts. Compared to that I am just human - I can't handle so many vehicles and guns at the same time. So the outcome is typically a question of which carrier's weapons are destroyed first. ATM it's not skill deciding the winner.

But that's just another thing to be balanced.