Sign in to follow this  
shloo

Enemy Carrier AI

I have played a few missions so far and was wondering what other peoples opinion of the enemy carrier was. I have had two instances now where I came to an enemy island (a defense island no less) to take it over to find the enemy carrier sitting in port. I positioned my carrier to be right behind the enemy carrier and opened fire. The enemy carrier never moved and just sat there taking it. No enemy units from the island attacked and the carrier never deployed any units to attack me, he just sat there and took it.

Has anyone else ever had this experience? It seems he only sits there if I attack him while he is ported. If he is moving when I engage, he attacks normally. It seems that if the enemy is in port (at a defense island especially), the entire island should assault my carrier in order to defend their own.

It's a bit of a mixed bag so far.

On one instance when I encountered him he immediately deployed all his Manta's while shooting down my own in a heartbeat, and afterwards he completely shot my carrier to bits within half a minute.

But later on, when I encountered him a few more times I waited for his silhouette to pop up through bad weather and immediately started blasting him with my plasma cannons, targeting the command tower. After a few hits he ceased to do anything, he didnt launch Manta's or Walrus'es nor did any of his defences fire back.

It ranges from being incredibly hard to incredibly easy with pretty much no resistance at all.

On a sidenote, you encounter the carrier quite quickly right now, which is a bit of a shame. Most of the time so far I havent even been able to capture two islands before encountering him and the game is over either because I shot him with impunity or he shot me with impunity :p

EDIT: To be fair he did retreat a time or two in this one game I had, my Walruses couldnt keep up and all my Manta's were shot down earlier. But it seems that when you hit some parts, he is unable to do so.

It would be better to up the resistance of some parts of the carrier a bit to keep the game going.