Sign in to follow this  
AvengerUK

Command Center's (neutral island)

Hey all,

Firstly, very excited about this game, it has huge potential to be fantastic and for me, the engine runs smooth as silk!

Ive not found the manual all that helpfull, Ive managed to work most things out but...

I cant for the life of me work out how to build a command center on a neutral island, take a Walrus with a building module - then what? Doesent seem to let me do anything - pritty sure I found the command area, but still nothing.

Any pointers? :)

Drive to the Command Center ruins and aim at them, you should get a little construction symbol. Press F and then F2 for docking @ the carrier ;)

If you found the command center it will also be displayed with a nice little pointer. If you don't see it, chances are high you are in front of the wrong building.

Use your Manta's to quickly scout the entire island.

This puzzled me too - the other islands were easily done by commanding the walrus to capture it via the map. Whereas nothing happened with this island.

After a bit of trial and error the solution is to manually control the Walrus, and drive the last couple of meters til you get the icon, then hit F (or return to the map and do it that way).

Basically he stops short, just on this island.

Bug.

Is the triangle the command center symbol? I've tried rolling up to it with a production building module but no luck. I'm rolling around to all the ruined buildings on the island I can find...

Once you find the Command Center location it will show up on the map and on the screen. Try to find it by flying Manta's around the island. I usually send a manta or two to go scout the island and then send the walruses.

I actually did do that first, but all I see are a bunch of destroyed buildings, some of which have icons on them on the map. I did find an intact satellite dish and I blew it up just out of spite.

smd02a.jpg

Do you see that on the map yet? If not you might not have search the whole island yet.

I agree this could be handled better somehow - maybe a "detection" audio notification, or some kind of zooming circle pointing it out. At the moment other than being solid white (which every other building on the map will occasionally flash to anyhow) there's not much distinguishing it from your regular waypoints in 3d mode / other map objects. Additionally - look at how the little fuel / radar icons there blend into the green background when it's not being illuminated by the sensor sweep! Could possibly use some work on how those icons are presented generally.

Edited by b0x0x

Okay, yes I finally found it thank you! I had indeed missed a small part of the island where it happened to be. It was simply a matter of not knowing what I was looking for! I assume this will info be in the tutorial and final manual of course.

I worked out how to make a comm centre on this island but what about the other icons?

There is a spanner, thought I would use the repair walrus but doesn't do anything to the red panel which shows a spanner when you drive up to it too. Then there is a bullet icon, a flask icon (I think), a radar dish icon ( i destroyed it) and a triangle icon. What are these and which walrus setup do i use on each?

Don't worry about the other icons the Command Centre will build everything else when it is ready .. .. ..

G

Do I need the Walrus equip with anything specific to do the command centre repair? I'm using the Walrus with the repair gun and the 'construction icon' doesn't appear. The closest I can get is 7m from the command centre.

No you use a module, either Defence, Production or the other one lol I can't remember what it's called :)

Drive up the command centre rubble and when a crossed spanner and hammer symbol appears press 'F' and it shoots the module up and starts making the command centre.

No you use a module, either Defence, Production or the other one lol I can't remember what it's called :)

Drive up the command centre rubble and when a crossed spanner and hammer symbol appears press 'F' and it shoots the module up and starts making the command centre.

Thanks! Feel a bit silly :)