Sign in to follow this  
belgarion

(sorry) will it run on my comp?

I know it's been asked before, but i couldn't find a good enough topic to fill.

I've got a athlon 500, 128mb ram and a voodoo 3 16mb card.

I bought the game in dec/january with the red hammer addon. I've played it ever since then, and have had real fun and stuff, but i've had to strip the settings down a little to get as much flow as possible.

Now i'm thinking of upgrading, it will be a Geforce3ti200 64mb and another 128mb ram (which is all i can afford, i cant buy a new computer even though i know i need one), but my question is:

Will it run? I don't want to spend $400 on the card, memory and a 80g hd if the game still will be unplayable at higher settings because of my 500mhz athlon. Lots of user-made missions say that you need atleast a 1gig cpu to get it to work, but cpu's are expensive.. especially when you have to get a new motherboard and a new case to fit the cpu (i have a compaq computer.............)

I'm asking this on the 3 forums that matter for me (Operation-flashpoint, Soldier of fortune 2, B17 2) before i go out and buy the stuff..

Unless someone contradicts me I'd be pretty sure that the new card and extra ram should make things a fair bit better, but of course as you know your CPU needs upgrading as soon as you can smile.gif

yes the extra ram will help big time

i used to have an amd 500 with 128meg ram i upped the ram to 512 and that got rid of my generall slowness, new graphic card real helped too but definetly be thinking of upgrading your processor soon