Sign in to follow this  
-CSLA-ZerXen

CWR2 - Domination Malden - 1985 Edition (port+tweeks of Everon version)

I've ported Xeno's/DemonCleaner's (DC) Everon Domination to another CWR2 island Malden and made some personal small tweaks.

MaldenDomination_thumbnail.jpg

Original BIS Topic about Everon version ported.

From all the missions that DC created I ported only Standard version of Domination West Combined Operations (CO). Didn't yet looked at East/OA/ACE versions at all.

The latest version is 11c and the requirements are CWR2 demo4 release and "Community Based Addons" package just as the original Everon version. Plus mig15 addon and if you want F16 version of the mission, there is incorporated GLT F16 addon, but some small tweaks are needed to enable this F16 mod with domination wreck system. More info below in requirements.

Version 12e:

+ NEW FEATURE: New selectable mission parameter allowing you to have ArmA2 rifles available (including Javelin), by default it is off as I want this mission to be primary still good old 1985 CWR2 and no any modern warfare toys playfield, but if someone wants to have some fun change, it is available for you. No Arrowhead weapons btw as desert skins are definitely out of touch with Malden.

+ UPDATE: Integrated zorilya's Garrison Script 1.5.2 to have even better in buildings town battles.

+ BUGFIX: Some more bugfixes in two Side Missions + two missions enhanced.

+ BUGFIX: Additional fixes by OverCharger synchronized to all east/west versions.

For more information visit homepage:

Malden Domination 1985 blog homepage

Version 12c:

+ BUGFIX: Some minor bugfixes in Side Missions.

+ Vanilla AN2 is now drop plane for east.

Version 12a:

+ UPDATE: Integrated zorilya’s Garrison Script 1.4 to have even better in buildings town battles.

+ UPDATE: Added CWR2 Demo4 Russian V80 Gunship to missions.

NOTE: Redefined Malden mission versions requirements. Now no other addons than CWR2 Demo4 needed for basic WEST/EAST versions. F16 and Mig15 mod needed for WEST_F16 version.

Version 11c - beta:

+ NEW FEATURE: Added Zorilya's Garrison scripts 1.3, now some portion of the main target infantry will actively hide inside buildings (see picture below).

+ BALANCE: Removed the Mig15 with FAB250 bombs (now only one with guns and in the F16 version also with only R-73).

+ BUGFIX: Fixed compatibility with the CWR2 demo 4 (the missing "Revolver" message at the beginning).

+ BUGFIX: CWR2 east infantry group definition is wrong in CWR2 Demo4, this is causing the whole targets being guarded only by small number of Spetsnatz -> Fixed by manually defining East infantry group soldiers and now much more satisfiable infantry force will be present on main targets. I must play a bit more to see how the SideMissions handle, but I believe fixed here as well on first look.

Garrisoned main target soldiers picture:

http://www.networkgeekstuff.com/uploadfiles/garrison_small.jpg (190 kB)

NOTE: This is a beta release as work is in progress in being done to integrate the Garrison script to version 1.4. No-addon version will be also released in the next release.

Version 09c:

+ Created and added OFP/CWR2 soundtrack player to the “Status Dialogâ€, when activated the original OFP 16 track playlist is played in random order indefinitely to get the best OFP 1985 atmosphere in coop. (NOTE: See picture below to find “Music ONâ€/â€Music OFF†buttons)

+ Made the base defense structures invincible (bunkers/trenches/lamps/hangars) to avoid having not-functional and/or bad looking base just from a few enemy helicopters crashing somewhere.

+ Base defenses now consists of 1xM1A1, 1xVolcan, 1xAvenger,1xM113. All with indefinite ammo and if destroyed will re-spawn in around 5minutes.

+ Added the newly released CWR2 SCUD launcher to one of the side missions where you have to destroy it before it launches the rocket.

+ Added wreck indicators when destroyed to all initial equipment I added to the base for atmosphere/usefulness/fun like Camel and Mig15 planes, all civilian cars and T34s on base and so on. This will solve the issue of having trouble to find you mig15 when it is shot down for wreck repair.

+ The base was completely re-aranged to enable AI controlled takeoff/landing/taxi to be without issues and also in the taxi way the “plane service point†will rearm passing AI planes.

+ New mission variation: From this version, I tried to incorporate F16 addon (this plan was deployed since 1974 so not impact on 1985 atmosphere) and because for this I had to modify the addon itself to work with the wreck repair system, this version is released as a stand alone download until the guys behind F16 addon make the addon wreck generating script ArmA2 standards compatible. More info in requirements.

version 08:

- fixed some small mission issues

- rearranged the base to allow AI airport traffic (was obstructed by all the other stuff on the airport). NOTE: You should probably get bonus Air Vehicles out of hangars before putting AI pilot inside!

- changed the L39 plane to Mig15 addon pack as a small instant-bonus aircraft (see requirements/credits)

- fixed bonus air spawning pointing to the inside of hangar

- added some light ArmA2 weapons to the ammo crates (nothing heave or Javelin, also I will probably remove M8 as 08a version quite soon as it breaks 1985 atmosphere)

08_mig15_small.jpg

version 04:

- L39, East/West Camel and a pair of T34 and other not so powerful, but fun to have equipment cam be found on the base by default (wreck repair capable).

- As CWR2 demo release had an issue with with SU25 cockpit animations, I placed vanilla SU39 for side mission steal-and-get-to-your-flag mission. Will put back when CWR2 repair the model.

- Malden is a little cheap on "military" looking locations therefore for some side-missions I had to improvise and create some camps/buildings myself, their quality is random but I will make them better in time.

Download

File not yet uploaded to any site like armaholic.com and is hosted as my humble blog, so temporary available directly here:

CWR2 Domination 1985 - Malden ZX EAST edition(version 12e)

CWR2 Domination 1985 - Malden ZX WEST edition(version 12e)

CWR2 Domination 1985 - Malden ZX WEST edition with Mig15/F16 mod (version 12e) - see requirements below!!.

Requirements:

CWR2 Mod Homepage .

extra Mig/F16 version requirements!!:

Mig15 pack (armaholic.com link).

GLT_F16 mod (armaholic.com link) - there was an issue inside this mod that didn’t spawned plane wrecks properly causing that the plane was unable to go through the wreck repair or even wreck deletion from the map and I had to edit the mode pbo itself to create a workaround. As this is hopefully temporary and I cannot host the whole mod here, this is a quick and simple guide how to modify the @GLT_F16 mod (best download this mod from Six Updater).

Steps to modify F16 mod into workable wrecks:

Step1. Unpbo the glt_f16.pbo file so that you have this file converted to a “glt_f16″ directory.

Step2. Go to directory glt_f16/src/ where you will find a file wrecker.sqf and open this file with notepad you will find this script:

_plane = _this select 0;

_plane setVehicleAmmo 0;

waituntil {(abs(velocity _plane select 0) < 0.1) && (abs(velocity _plane select 1) < 0.1)&& (abs(velocity _plane select 2) < 0.1)};

_wrecktype = "GLT_Falcon_MRWreck";

_pos = getpos _plane;

_dir = (getdir _plane) + 180;

if (! surfaceIsWater [(_pos select 0), (_pos select 1)]) then {

if (alive (driver _plane)) then {(driver _plane) action ["eject", _plane]};

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew _plane);

deletevehicle _plane;

_wreck = _wrecktype createVehicle _pos;

_wreck setdir _dir;

_wreck setpos _pos;

_wreck setdammage 1;

};

Step 3. Change it to this:

_plane = _this select 0;

_plane setVehicleAmmo 0;

waituntil {(abs(velocity _plane select 0) < 0.1) && (abs(velocity _plane select 1) < 0.1)&& (abs(velocity _plane select 2) < 0.1)};

_wrecktype = "GLT_Falcon_MRWreck";

_pos = getpos _plane;

_dir = (getdir _plane) + 180;

if (! surfaceIsWater [(_pos select 0), (_pos select 1)]) then {

if (alive (driver _plane)) then {(driver _plane) action ["eject", _plane]};

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew _plane);

//deletevehicle _plane;

//_wreck = _wrecktype createVehicle _pos;

//_wreck setdir _dir;

//_wreck setpos _pos;

//_wreck setdammage 1;

};

Step 4. Convert the directory “glt_f16″ back to file glt_f16.pbo overwriting the original file and you are DONE!

Credits:

Xeno - Original Domination Mission Code

DeamonCleaner - Everon/CWR2 1985 edition

Mig15 planes - Volksturm & Bdf - Converted to Arma 2 by PROTOTYPE 001, -Martin-, Richard Thorne & VictorFarbau

GLT F16 planes – Myke, Footmunch

ZerXen - Malden port + tweaks

Homepage:

Malden Domination 1985 blog homepage

Edited by [CSLA]ZerXen
Mission update 12c

We had a quick go on this tonight, great fun!!! On such a lovely CWR2 Island.. :cool:

Hello guys, I made a couple of updates and tweaks to this Malden mission (now designated 09c version).

If anyone is interested, first post is made up-to-date. Comment if you see issues, I am off finding what better to do with the F16 mod compatibility.

Hi ZerXen. I was finishing a domination CWR2 East 2.60 port to Malden and I found this, now. What a jerk I am.

I´m a noob with a little experience on edition, but with enough patience to follow the instructions and modify all modifiable without knowing on scripting, but my port appears to work without problems.

I look for two things: First, move the mission to an island of a size suitable for play on LAN with 5-10 friends and second, if possible, add some things to acclimate the mission.

In relation to the latter, your music selector is an excellent addition and was wondering if it's possible to extend or change the selection of tracks.

Last thing, Can I do a port of your mission to another island?

can you release a no addon version?

without that mig 15?

Hi, about the versión 10b:

I was testing the mission last night. I quite liked, but I have a question:

I played 3 side missions and all three had very few enemy soldiers.

You did it on purpose or is a script that detects the amount of human players?

PD: the mig 15 is a nice addition, but I think it makes too easy the beginning of the mission.

Hi Daio, Hi OverCharger,

thanks for feedbacks.

First on bugs. I noticed the "less infantry" mostly on main targets with the CWR2 Demo 4 release. On main targets, there were only Spetsnatz!. The issue is hopefully fixed as this was because of bad CWR2 infantry group definition and I have now created the group definitions manually per-soldier. Now there should be proper full infantry squads everywhere :).

On the MIG15/balance/no addon version: I removed the Mig15 with FAB250 version as this was really a balance destroyer with those homing bombs on locked targets. Now only gun version is present in normal version and in the F16 version, only mig15 is with the R73 armament.

To be honest I was long thinking of making also addon-free version as I can understand the need for this on more public server (with only cwr2 as requirement). This I will deliver this in next release, for now consider version 11c as bug/balance fix only with the addon requirements still standing. I am working to integrate new version of garrison script 1.4 now to the mission and will afterwards provide new versions and will include this addon-free version as well.

PS: Thanks for feedback, I was thinking no-one ever played this except myself with few close friends ;)

Hi ZerXen, I almost finished my port to Malden. Only vanilla CO content and CWR2 units.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104827-Editing-Expanding-and-Modifying-Domination&p=2243317#post2243317

I changed all the texts on side missions in order to fit every location on the Island and I think all the missions are working. Do you need help to change the texts in your version?

Returning to my previous questions:

Can I do a port of your mission to another island?

I was wondering if it's possible to extend or change the selection of tracks.

PD: I´m working on this because I play Arma 2 with close friends in Lan Partys.

Hi OverCharger.

With version 12a released just few minutes ago, now the basic EAST/WEST versions are CWR2 only. WEST Mig/F16 edition now stands alone as only mission that needs the additional F16/Mig addons.

Regarding the side-mission text, I believe I already edited all the side-mission texts to have them having sense on Malden environment. If you spotted some that was not rewritten for Malden correctly, you can tell me as a "bugreport".

To your questions:

1) Feel free to port to any other islands, Xeno is original Domination creator, DeamonCleanter created CWR2 Everon version and I basically ported DeamonCleaners Everon version to Malden with some updates and with my personal tweaks (like my belowed OFP OST player and now with building garrison script), if you maintain credits of the original authors, everyone in the community benefits from new missions ;), do remember to share later.

2) What "tracks" you mean? In the "music on" player? If you mean add more tracks to the "music on" playlist, have a look to the ZXscripts directory in the mission container. The script is primitive and relies on manually defining the length of music track to wait until going to another random track in the list there. So you can easily extend the track list in "playMusicOFP.sqf" to any music track in ArmA as long as you know the music length in seconds.

Hi ZerXen, thanks a lot.

I spotted a couple of mistakes in side missions texts, I`m going to test your new version and I`ll report to you if I find any bug ;).

If I made a decent port to Cicada (a small island pèrfect to play with few friends), be sure I`m going to share it and maintain all the credits for Xeno, DC and you.

About the music player I was asking exactly that you answered. I have a personal addon with my own selection of music.

Hi ZerXen.

After two attemps, two side missions have problems.

In the first one, located in a port east of Le Port about killing an officer in a fishing vacation :), the bunker was under the docks. No way to kill the target.

In the second one, Tank depot in Eastern Island, I couldn´t find any tank. Again, no way to finish the mission.

I´ll send another reports in next days.

Thanks again.

Thanks for responses.

1) The "fishing vacation" bunker was moved a more towards the shore (Didn't find a way to put him above the docks).

2) The tanks missing was a little harder as it worked for me in the west version :) until I found you meant the east version. The bug was old "cwr2_m1" vs new demo4 "cwr2_m1a1" calling of the M1A1 tank that was wrong. I repaired when I found it in i_server.sqf.

I will be updating to 12b as soon as I pack the missions back together and upload them.

PS: A tip for mission creation/testing on your Cicada, to force the mission to select a particular mission (for example your problematic tanks was mission 29), you can add (or uncomment) "_current_mission_index = 29;" in the "x_getsidemission.sqf" file.

Hi ZerXen, the version 12b works great.

I was testing the side missions yesterday and I found a couple of details.

In the Uran mine mission, some enemy soldiers and the mounted machine gun spawned under water, it's posible to change the placement radius of the units?

The other things are related to mission texts, for example, a cruise missile lost in south Malden but the texts talks about "northern territories". Other mission located near Houdan and according to the text, with a radar Tower near Chaman?. This weekend I´m going to continue testing and I'll send to you a full report.

A little suggestion, that C130 bothers me a bit, I prefer the AN2 as a drop plane and I think it fits better because is russian :)

OFF TOPIC: there are any High Dispersion addon for CWR2 units? I want to increase the firefights.

Edited by OverCharger
bad english

Hello OverCharger,

Thanks for bug reports, the texts are repaired (will be added in 12c), unfortunately I do not see a different way of fixing the ural mine than moving the target inland. But I can live with a few underwater units, so it will stay for now.

I will think about the AN2, the C130 was a bit bothering, but I didn't yet played much the east version. But this is easy to change, will try in 12c to change to either AN2 or Mi17.

If you want more enemies, you can open the mission pbo, open file i_server.sqf, in this file there are min,max number of units definitions for main targets. For example:

// first element (array. for example: [2,1]): number of vehicle groups that will get spawned, the first number is the max number that will get spawned,

// the second one the minimum. So [2,0] means, there can be no vehicle groups at all or a maximum of 2 groups of this kind

// second element: maximum number of vehicles in group; randomly chosen

switch (GVAR(WithLessArmor)) do {

case 0: {

GVAR(vehicle_numbers_guard) = [

#ifndef __ACE__

[[1,0], 1], // tanks

[[1,0], 1], // apc (bmp)

[[1,1], 1], // apc2 (brdm)

[[1,1], 1], // jeep with mg (uaz mg)

[[1,0], 1] // jeep with gl (uaz grenade)

#else

[[1,0], 1], // tanks

[[1,0], 1], // apc (bmp)

[[1,0], 1], // apc2 (brdm)

[[1,1], 1], // jeep with mg (uaz mg)

[[1,1], 1] // jeep with gl (uaz grenade)

#endif

Hi ZerXen, thanks for the advice.

I already use the An2 in the version of Domi that I was porting to Malden.

I want to help you with all that little things :) in order to make your mission more polite (for me at least) :yay: and because I know nothing about scripting.

I´m having a good time testing your mission and I pretend to be ready with my Cicada port in two more weeks (date of my next Lan party).

About the number of enemys, is already fine, but sometimes they are too accurate for a bunch of 5-6 friends. Thats the reason for asking about a high dispersion addon for cwr 2 units/weapons.

Thanks a lot.

So by dispersion if you mean "enemy shooting accuracy", I believe without any 3rd party mod, you can only set the "Enemy Skills" to LOW in the mission parameters before start.

On the topic of playing domination with smaller number of people.

First, because I was also only testing with 2 friends, I added the "Recruit AI (max)" option by default to 16 and you can also have 32 AI in your team. This was my way of making main targets possible for small number of players.

Secondly, also if you select "With armor" -> none, you will get no armored vehicles on main targets, but more infantry groups, this is a nice soldier vs soldier tactical shooting in towns. Also good for smaller coop parties. (I believe there will still be armored targets in side missions and patrols on island).

PS: Version 12c uploaded with the mission fixes (plus few I found myself), AN2 is now a drop plane for Russia.

Hi.

Your right, I was talking of enemy shoot accuracy. Even if I set the enemy skills to low, they are far better than you, but it's a detail.

I´m continuing testing, now your last version.

Thanks.

Hi ZerXen.

I was doing my homework on the weekend and, if you let me, I have prepared an East 12d version.

I corrected all location errors in the texts of sidemissions, moved some markers a little for the purpose of that stay in the right place and changed the drop plane for the military version of AN2.

Changed the hangar type in sidemission 9 (because of the size only), changed US Light Factory for RU Light factory at base. Mash moved to aboid bush blocking.

I put back the mission N° 41 too.

If you are interested, tell me where I can upload the file for you to see.

Edited by OverCharger
double post

Hello OverCharger,

Uff, that looks like a lot of nice fixes. I do not mind putting you as a co-author for 12d, but for that I would have to go through your changes and also incorporate them in the west version to keep both missions streamlined to progress through versions together as east/west pack.

The side mission texts and changes to other sqf files can be, I believe, simply copied as they are identical for both versions (I will check them for changes to be sure), but your manual moves of markers in mission file will be a little harder to check (will have to copy&paste a lot of changes that I find).

In any case for sending the mission to me, gmail should do the trick, I will send you a PM with email address, if you plan no more changes in the next days, send it to me and I will have a look next weekend if time permits to incorporate to west versions. Then we can then call them version 12d and I release them.

With regards,

Peter

Hi, don't worry I don´t want to be co-author and I think I don't deserve any credit. The work is yours.

I´ll send to you the mission vía e-mail because I think is ready.

Yesterday I was playing alone and the side missions works perfect. Even the side mission 41.

Do you plan to incorporatte the new version of garrison script?

Greetings,

[bJM] Overcharger

BJM=Borracho Juego Mejor=I play better drunk

Hello OverCharger,

Hehe :D the only real authors here are Xeno and the previous guys :D I was just playing around because Malden is very nostalgic for me from the first Operation Flashpoint demo released in 1999/2000 that was located on Malden. Also I believe that because we edited the missions directly we avoided the "mission building system" that comes with Domination missions created by Xeno (the official non-cwr2 ones). If we were to maintain this system we wouldn't have change synchronization problems between east/west versions.

Thanks for notifying me about new version of Garrison script, I will incorporate the new Garrison script 1.5 as there not much to do other than to replace the script files in the mission. No problem.

Peter

Hi.

I'm also nostalgic for OFP. In fact, even I have the game installed until today and a bunch of missions made ​​by me in Malden and Kolgujev using Group Link II.

Today begins a long weekend in my country and if my girlfriend will let me, I will begin to make the port to Cicada.

if all goes well, the second step is a Resistance version on Nogova.

Regards,

PD: I was testing/playing and, for second time, a sidemission couldn't be completed because the target simply was not there. In both cases it was to eliminate an enemy. The side mission stood there and did not change for a new one.

In both cases I was delay because I was taking the main target. Any idea?

PD2: I couldn't find a drug dealer in a main target secondary objective and, once I capture enemy camps, I succeded in the main target but the secondary objetive was not resolved,

Edited by OverCharger

Hello OverCharger,

Can you give me side mission numbers you were having troubles with? I will have a look.

PS: I have garrison script 1,5 integrated and also I have synchronized you nice east version fixes with the west versions. So after I have a look on your side mission troubles I will release new versions.

PPS: Also I am preparing a surprise :), but that will be available hopefully in a month as it has to have much more new scripting done to work as needed.

ZerXen

Hi ZerXen,

One of the side missions is N° 11, but I dont remerber well about the other one. Both about killing an enemy.

Thanks, I´ll be waiting for the next version.

Hi,

I made the port to Cicada and everything seems to work well. I only have two questions:

1. Where I can change the convoy vehicles?

2. Where I can change the number of soldiers of a group?

I`m asking only because the intention is to make a version for a few bunch of players (1-15).

Greetings,

PD; I noticed that the enemy soldiers operating the artillery are vanilla, not CWR2. Is there any way to change them?

Edited by OverCharger
PD