Sign in to follow this  
Darkreaver1980

Videos from carrier command gaea mission beta

Hi there,

i havent found any NDA so i guess its allowed to post videos from the beta?

The first one is done, its only the main theme + main menu but its still pretty epic:

My second video is now ready:

Third video:

Edited by Darkreaver1980

Yes, releasing your own videos is allowed however the dev's expressed they would appreciate it if you could add to the video it is of the beta version and that it is not an official video :)

[add on]

Definitely, but it would great if you could clearly mention in the video title as well as in the description that the footage was taken from the P&C Beta and that it's user-made :)
Edited by Guest

Cheers for the Vid's well done getting them out!

Thank god at the end of the last clip I thought you could not sail the ship but only put it on that Anchor on the map….

What you really want to see is storms and having to sail through them and still fight taking the risk of sending units out in such Weather. Plus I hope the AI is not scripted to death that its boring and easy to predict. I'd love surprise air attacks out of no where.

But in all it looks good, the less you have to follow a story line the better. would be epic if it had loads of Experience rewards and 4 player 4 ship MP 2V2 ;)

Quick someone find the enemy Ship and take it on and show us Damage control ;)

Hi there...

It's a shame you cut off the second song in your first video (with the main menu), it's truly epic :D

My word, the soundtrack for the menu is already epic and I already crave the soundtrack!!! That song, what are the lyrics for it?

Edited by BFCrusader

ProfTournesol I see you closed a thread with a new clip and yes your right there is a thread and we only need one rightly:)...its a good clip how about doing a bit more house work and moving said clip into the other thread?????

Just a thought

Cheers.

PS your PM space has no space left so no one can send you a PM....

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Watched the guy with the 27 min game play in fairness I don’t think he played the original that kind of educated you in multitasking both in units and ship. Anyway great clip even if the game play was not up to much.

I was alarmed to see you can not lunch Manta’s while the ship was moving ??? I’m sure in the original I used to move the ship and have both Manta’s and walruses either struggle to catch me up or catch up when I slowed the ship to Dock. I’m also sure I could lunch a manta while on the move?????

I was alarmed to see you can not lunch Manta’s while the ship was moving ??? I’m sure in the original I used to move the ship and have both Manta’s and walruses either struggle to catch me up or catch up when I slowed the ship to Dock. I’m also sure I could lunch a manta while on the move?????

You could launch and retrieve Mantas on the move, but not Walrusses. The Mantas in the new version are more like choppers than jets so I could imagine launching whilst on the move may be a bit of a disaster since all 4 launch bays are in-line .. .. .. on the plus side you can hover in them (and as long as they survive) lay waste to the enemy bases !!!

G

ProfTournesol I see you closed a thread with a new clip and yes your right there is a thread and we only need one rightly:)...its a good clip how about doing a bit more house work and moving said clip into the other thread?????

Just a thought

Cheers.

PS your PM space has no space left so no one can send you a PM....

He isn't a mod so he didn't close your thread, he just pointed towards this thread (a mod closed it without comment it seems). I suggest you repost here or ask a mod to merge your post with this thread.

€dit: nice video btw. Well done ;)

Edited by Derbysieger

He isn't a mod so he didn't close your thread, he just pointed towards this thread (a mod closed it without comment it seems). I suggest you repost here or ask a mod to merge your post with this thread.

Averon01 did the clip and thread!

Not my thread or clip, but it is a great long clip of game play right enough. I thought if a mod was going to go to the trouble of closing said thread then could they not have shifted the original posters clip and add it here.

It’s a bit like telling someone “ your going the wrong way†and then walking off. When if your going to go to the trouble of telling someone there going the wrong way why not put in the extra effort and tell them the right way and actually be of use.

The clip was wrongly added when a thread dealing with clips was up and running lucky the activity and posts on here are nominal or the thread would have been long lost…the guy posting the thread and clip deserves it to be moved on merit of the clip and effort to show the game. I learned more about the game in that 27 min clip than anything else ive seen up to now.

Edited by sav112g

He isn't a mod so he didn't close your thread, he just pointed towards this thread.

^this. And i'm very happy with those videos which are indeed a very nice way to discover the game.

Hello

Yeah my bad, I'll repost it here.

I've also started a proper Let's Play of the game which should hopefully go better than my showoff video :).

You can find it.

Hi All,

one of my island fly around

here is my video of me giving the enemy carrier a beating......Enjoy

Edited by R33GoNe

Hello

Yeah my bad, I'll repost it here.

Not at all I enjoyed your clip, you gave us a general idea how the game plays. Although I did think the transport supply ship/drone was very quick to resupply and I think it will be a better single player game if things like this were slowed down but then again you had just started out on the Map.

I don’t know if this is the case but it would be so much more interesting if you could design the islands defences as opposed to an auto set up that just duplicates over and over. Be good if you could place AA and Anti tank on the map sort of style. I take it we had some sort of radar too that could be added to the islands. I'm right in that the airfield on the island was on the original?

Everything that can be customised that can be added to make every island more individual the better. Especial when if it does come to MP. Be nice to know a players trade mark positioning of defensive weapons. So far the island looks very small and you just get on with fighting over it rather than probing for a weakness. Lets face it the Ai will get a bit stale in this I think if its just repetitive building that generally plays out the same island over island but that could be unfair saying that never played the newer version. Maybe there should be an option for a forward command post to be placed on one island that takes more resources and time to build but has far more defensive and offensive characteristics that will throw up the odd surprise and tactic to crack it.

PS I take it the enemy carrier AI is not up to much on the Beta??? It sat there taking hit after hit. I love to be able to program the Ai response in this game. I hope they don’t hold back and as long as the AI does not cheat then bring it on with it being mega offensive and hard to beat!!!!

Edited by sav112g

Tbh I had the ai strength on low so it was not a fair fight,on standard settings it's a different story

Not at all I enjoyed your clip, you gave us a general idea how the game plays.[/b]

I'm glad you enjoyed it :).

Tbh I had the ai strength on low so it was not a fair fight,on standard settings it's a different story

Well then find it on standard and do a clip ;)

Cheers for the info so the AI has the usual game settings

Incredibly Dumb (if actually any intelligence is present at all)

Good Human Match ( oh yeah I’ve got a fight on here)

Just Plain Unreasonable (What, Your kidding me!)

Seems like I was able to successfully convince the Let's play channel of the german "Gamestar" magazine to put Carrier Command into their selection :)

Here is the first part

Well then find it on standard and do a clip ;)

Cheers for the info so the AI has the usual game settings

Incredibly Dumb (if actually any intelligence is present at all)

Good Human Match ( oh yeah I’ve got a fight on here)

Just Plain Unreasonable (What, Your kidding me!)

Request granted :cool: and yes it does seem that way although i have not tried it above the default settings yet

Not the best tactics as i just rushed in, although i had taken out its plasma gun first.

For some reason it had an issues with the 1080p, said i removed it but i didn`t so im uploading a 720p now

Edited by R33GoNe

Now that's more like it...Cheers.:D does the ship still have drones?????and what fo they now do? It did look like the other ship could still pund away when damaged heavily. I hope the enemy ships systems going down could have both ships sitting there in a mess but still alive but fighting to repair...

I still think struggling to save your ship should be a huge part of this and if done well would just add to the game play. after all who wants to lose a ship you have got back after a real fight to repair it...Although I do appreciate the player did just charge in and stop so took a lot of early damage. But it would be good to have the ship list and have water pumps fighting all the way. Also it would be good even if you blew the enemy ship out the water that the game did not end for a set period so you had still to work for your win to save the ship..

I hope they drop the death message:( that just pops up with just a fly by of your ship sinking and blowing up. sorry just saying your dead is so boring after a fight lets see a wee while longer just to admire the sinking and the damage done to the other ship.....SHIII did the same. Bang " Your Dead"

right some else post there default CV Attack........;)

Edited by sav112g

I have just uploaded a first attempt at a video from Carrier Command, I was originally working on a full assault which was heading for 15 minutes plus - then got side-tracked by the theme music and made a trailer instead, although it was extremely hard getting it down to 1 minute to match the music...

Hope you like,

G