Sign in to follow this  
Furious_Ombudsman

Game will not start

Hi there, hope someone can help me sort this problem. Downloaded and installed the game, no problems there, and when I ran it for the first time it asked to activate the game - did that, it said activation successful, all was looking good. However when I try to start the game, it flashes up with a small white box that just disappears - no error messages, can't see any log files anywhere. I tried restarting my PC, uninstalling and re-installing the game, updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers, updated DirectX, none of that made any difference. My specs are: Windows 7 64bit, GeForce GTX 260, 4GB RAM, Intel Q6600 processor.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Try disabling AVG or other antivirus software you might have installed.

NTRUDER;2130735']Try disabling AVG or other antivirus software you might have installed.

Forgot to mention in the original post, I did try that already and no joy, thanks for the suggestion though.

Latest PhysX (just in case?)

Just tried completely removing all NVIDIA/PhysX drivers and installed latest ones, still no difference unfortunately. Is everyone else running fine with PhysX version 9.12.0213?

I am running a GTX260 as well, win7 64bit, 8 gigs and a x4 955 cpu. Game installed and runs fine.

I am using PhysX 9.9.0814 and 6.14/8.17 series drivers. What sound are you using?

In your documents/carriercommand there should be some error output files. Try examining error.log or crash.log. What does it say?

Also I realize you wrote that you already tried updating directX but did you update directX9? Try running this updater utility from MS http://www.microsoft.com/download/dlx/en-us/default.aspx?id=35

Many thanks for this, that lead me to the solution in a roundabout way - there was indeed an error log file in that folder, not sure how I missed that before. The log file mentioned missing script files, so that made me wonder if it wasn't installing everything fully for some reason. I noticed the total size of the Carrier Command Gaea Mission folder was under 1GB which was a bit strange considering the install file was 1.25GB, so I downloaded the the install file again and now the game is running fine.

Cheers for all the suggestions people :)