Sign in to follow this  
lNTRUDER

P&C BETA first impressions

Is there a way NOT to use timewarp to sail between the islands? If there isn't I would like to see this .

You can do this by clicking the "cancel" button right under the time warp screen. To re-engage you just give the sail command again. Doesn't stop you sailing, just does it in "real"time...

G

after further play, some joystick support and some better flight dynamics would really be appreciated for the manta. i don't think the walrus would benefit from joystick support.

I use to play carrier command on the amiga when I was a kid. I loved it.

I remember I could set the speed and height for a manta autopilot. I havent seen that option in the beta, but maybe im blind.

Great game, so glad to see it making a comeback.

PS The title was part of my word verification to writ this post lol

Edited by I_Kill_DumKuntz
Dodgy Title

As I'm nearing an island, I want the ability to launch Mantas or Walruses in preparation for arrival. Further, I want the ability to order the carrier to begin departure while Mantas and Walruses are en route to dock.

The original CC permitted launching and recovering Mantas and Walruses while the carrier was underway. Though I seem to recall the carrier would reduce speed to conduct launching/recovery operations for the Walruses while moving. This was an indispensable tactic for quickly grabbing islands in the original and will be of great value in the remake.

I remember this. Didn't you have to make sure you had enough fuel to make the carrier, otherwise it dropped into the sea. Or was it, if it got out of range?

I also remember being able to send a manta of scouting, but it was a long time ago.

Edited by Dajunka

First impressions very positive for a Beta,downloaded and installed no problem,AVG slight problem (already covered)3 days playing with no crashes.

Loved the original way back in the day,so had to make a purchase knowing Bohemia were behind this,and all the enjoyment I get from Arma2.

I'm playing this maxed out only with shadows turned off (mouse seems a little more responsive)on a average 4Ghz system 8 gig Ram.

Like the way you can control island vehicles and manta not just being tied to the carrier,a very enjoyable Beta.

I have had my first few games, and am extremely happy to see that they have kept faithful to the original game.

When the game is finished and polished I can see it being a best seller. I mean it has to be, it's a tried and tested formula that has stood the test of time.

right clicking to bring up the mouse pointer feels awkward. i feel like the right mouse button should be doing an alternate fire or pod activation. make that mouse pointer activation configurable so people can assign it to an additional mouse button or key

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

definitely need long range telemetry pods for the manta and walrus.

i feel like the right mouse button should be doing an alternate fire or pod activation. make that mouse pointer activation configurable so people can assign it to an additional mouse button or key

I agree.

An alt-weapon would be more usual for the right mouse button.

I suggest a user configurable key - possibly the spacebar as default - should be used to toggle between map view and vehicle view.

I think its a Game with great potentiale but there is many balacing work to do and the Controlls must be overworked. And also my Game ends when the enemy carrier stops moving and gets killed without defending itself.

Just played for 10mins, takes me back to playing the orginal on my uncles atari st!

Looks good but obviously havent had much time to really get to grips with anything.

On negative i can echo the other posts that the mouse feels very strange!

Also for flying i much prefer reversed y axis but for the zoom and the gun pod controls i prefer normal. Is there anyway that it could be made so they can be separated when i make the choice between manta and the others?

back with more as i play!

Been playing it for a few days now and it's ****** amazing. There's a few annoying things and a couple of bugs but you can see that it's going to be one big-fat-juicy-great game on release.