Sign in to follow this  
ivosm

KSK Units

Hello again ;)

Here is my situation: I'm with NOTHING to do in the next 3 days and I will make a addon :p

My friend purchased the ArmA 2 OA and send to me some photos from KSK Units....

I'm working on some Units from KSK based on johny ACU SF:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/ksk2.png/

I think I will make 3 KSK operators:a "regular" unit with a g36,a silenced unit with MP7 or MP5,and a saboteur unit.

Some suggestions could be good :)

MP5 is not in use with KSK nor is MP7 since those are armoured vehicle crew weapons and MP7 is already the replacement for MP5 that was interim replacement for MP2.

KSK is rarely using standard issue uniforms these days, have a look for this ad this, more loose style lighter rip stop fabric...more and more you See KSK in Multicam uniforms made by Leo Köhler GmbH. You can google varous pictures by searching for KSK and multicam...you will find very "delta force" looking KSK soldiers.

Thank you for the infos,but I will not make KSK units in MultiCam,because my objective is make units with a "no american" apareance(nothing against american people ok?I really like Marines and MultiCam),because we have lot of units with M4,ACU or MultiCam....

In addition, this might be interesting, some pictures show the G8 (G21)a G3 based LMG in full 7.62x51 caliber.

Link

Link

I think they still maintain a distinct look.

Link

Link

A lot of german soldiers deployed to "out of area" (out of germany) deployments use to wear privately puchased uniforms from a range of german manufacturers, soem have a very distinct look and cut...see here...

Trousers

Jacket

Smock

Edited by Beagle

Hi Ivosm!

Great idea, and I think that you're right with using Flecktarn camo. It adds variety, and in real life camouflage is a tool, not a "banner" - see Polish GROM operators who also use MC but last year they were seen wearing old wz.93 Pantera uniforms, because this camo worked better in jungle.

What weapons pack will you use? Jackal's pack have USP, MP5, UMP & PSG-1 - all used by KSK. TBH PSG is a must - it's great but there's no unit addon that uses it :O Also UKF AI pack that could be used as a G22 (German code for Accuracy Intl. AWM). There's problem with G3, G36 & MP7 - I don't know any good quality addon representing them. There's only nice Inquisitor's G36C, but not full-sized carbine...

KSK never used PSG1, never, you confuse KSK with GSG9, MP5 was also bever in Bundeswwehr service, thats confused with GSG9 too.

Proper Snipers for KSK would be G22, G28 and Barrett M107 What you might refer to as PSG is the scoped MBR based on G3 thats is phased out in favor of G28 now, but the G3 MBR was never a KSK weapon. BTW even the main german based official Uniform manufacturer Leo Köhler offers official BW uniforms in MC now. For temperate regions or even tropic jungle (albeit the german army never operated there in history) the 5 color Flecktarn is top of the line camo to use.

Edited by Beagle

KSK never used PSG1, never, you confuse KSK with GSG9, MP5 was also bever in Bundeswwehr service, thats confused with GSG9 too.

Proper Snipers for KSK would be G22, G28 and Barrett M107 What you might refer to as PSG is the scoped MBR based on G3 thats is phased out in favor of G28 now, but the G3 MBR was never a KSK weapon.

So, then MP7 (there is B3liar one and only) and P:UKF L96 as G22 - there's Pliskin G22, but looks outdated, and BW Mod one, but as a part of Basic Pack - core of the mod...

Let's see what Ivosm will say.

I'm thinking about use the B3L G36 and MP7,looks good.I really don't know if I will add a lot off units with a big variety of weapons,but I will search about KSK weapons.For now,I will make some soldiers models and select the best.I'll come back in the next hours :cool: .

Thanks for the comments

Now the amazing silenced unit:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/ksks.png/

I'm using the G36 Commando pack made by Nicholas Vinen,beautiful G36,but the silenced magazine isn't too silenced...Anyone knows a good g36 with silencer?I need a USP stand alone addon,or a Glock,any suggestions?

Great work on KSK units!

Why are you using black tactical vests?

Icarus

Tan tactical vests disappear in the camouflage,don't looks good in game.

I'm using the G36 Commando pack made by Nicholas Vinen,beautiful G36,but the silenced magazine isn't too silenced...Anyone knows a good g36 with silencer?I need a USP stand alone addon,or a Glock,any suggestions?

Inquisitor's weapon pack contains the same G36C SD model (it's from Counter-Strike BTW, just like Inq's AK-47 & AK-74, which were used as a base model by virtually every OFP addon-maker for their's AKs), dunno if sounds are any better :confused: But it also includes HK USP Tactical, and MP5 (if you'd decided to use this instead of MP7). The minus is that Inquisitor's pack is from pre-JAM era, so no changing magazines between G36 and M4*...

*Well, in reality both mags are also not interchangeable, but you can take cartridges from one to another - simulation of which is purpose of JAM - that's why it has FALs, G3s and M14s using one mag

Edited by krzychuzokecia

@ivosim

Black tactical vests beat the purpose of camouflage...

You could use flecktarm tactical vests, couldn't you?

Icarus

@Krzychuzokecia

I'll take a look on this pack tomorrow,thank you for the link!

@Icarus

I'll try to make a Flecktarn vest,but it's a "boring" service,I won't promise make it :)

Closing thread. Please continue the discussion in the new release thread.