Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

How many people, have you conviced to buy Arma?

I can say for sure, 6 people did buy arma with my advice. Most of them, seen me playing arma 2 in steam all the time, and became curious, what arma is. I told them to try arma 2 free, and if they liked it, with it's limited content and ultra low graphics, it was not hard, to convict them buy arma 2 combined ops. And nobody blamed me for this yet :p

So i became curious, how many people became arma 2 players with ur help? :p

Currently only 2.

Me and my buddy always used to play ArmA2 free. I was always into it after watching a demonstration of ArmA3 with TotalBiscuit and watching a lets play of ArmA2 on superpowers mode, but he was rather frustrated at it with all the bugs and whatnot. We played for about an hour and he got sick of it, so we stopped.

Nearly a month later, he started to play it again just one last time. I joined him and we played the game differently. Instead of driving vehicles into the city constantly and getting shot up, we took it slowly. We parked our own vehicles in the forest (where the enemy couldn't see and steal them) and approached the city cautiously. By now, we knew the controls and game much better, so we were able to effectively scout out the town the enemy were in. With our AI buddies help, we both stormed the town really easily thanks to our tactical, cautious and strategical approach. It was easily the best FPS experience I have had.

1 week later, I had clocked 40 hours into ArmA2 free, and he had put in nearly 21. He purchased Combined Ops before I did. Once I got Combined Ops as well, we played and enjoyed the game much more.

My other friend heard about it from me after we had a conversation about BF3 and how it really wasn't as good as all the hype said. I told him my stories in ArmA2 and he was not very interested at the time, but he must have gone to find more information about it, because he too had bought it before I did. However, he no longer plays it, not sure whether he didn't like it or his computer wasn't up to it.

That's my story. One other friend is somewhat hesitant to buy it in fear that it will not run too well on his computer (it has the minimum requirements but it is old) and another wants to try it but his computer is very old and needs an upgrade before he can run it. Almost all my steam friends in real life have considered buying the game after hearing my experiences with it. About to try and convince one other friend in 2 days. He will be much tougher to rope in cause he is into more arcade style games with little complexity. Wish me luck!

None.

I've had one install the demo.

But my sims fan friends have their own sims which they prefer and my shooter friends have their own style of shooters which they prefer.

Those of my friends who do enjoy ArmA, either already owned it or don't own the sort of hardware required to run it and only ever play it at my place.

Currently only 2.

Me and my buddy always used to play ArmA2 free. I was always into it after watching a demonstration of ArmA3 with TotalBiscuit and watching a lets play of ArmA2 on superpowers mode, but he was rather frustrated at it with all the bugs and whatnot. We played for about an hour and he got sick of it, so we stopped.

Nearly a month later, he started to play it again just one last time. I joined him and we played the game differently. Instead of driving vehicles into the city constantly and getting shot up, we took it slowly. We parked our own vehicles in the forest (where the enemy couldn't see and steal them) and approached the city cautiously. By now, we knew the controls and game much better, so we were able to effectively scout out the town the enemy were in. With our AI buddies help, we both stormed the town really easily thanks to our tactical, cautious and strategical approach. It was easily the best FPS experience I have had.

haha you did nearly everything, what you should NOT do in arma! :D Nice you could figure out, what arma is about, rush in kill em all in rambo style doesnt work here! ;)

now i got 1 more guy from arma 2 free. When i was telling him all the stuff which is included in arma CO, he was literary going nuts lol.

One of my friends bought ArmA2 just after I did, but never plays it.

I convinced two others to buy Combined Ops but they also never play it. One uses the excuse "it's not installed" every time I suggest we play. But when it comes to CoD or Dragon Rising, they can't install it fast enough :j:

One of my friends bought ArmA2 just after I did, but never plays it.

I convinced two others to buy Combined Ops but they also never play it. One uses the excuse "it's not installed" every time I suggest we play. But when it comes to CoD or Dragon Rising, they can't install it fast enough :j:

aww badluck, my buddies who i conviced to buy arma, usualy ask me as i start steam: hey mate, lets go playing! :D

Only two.

One sold the game after a while and the other one (a simulation fan) was extremely happy to have discovered the game. :)

Five. Two of them never played more than 1-2 hours, two of them played a few regular coop's and then got bored fast because of the AI and "unpolished" feeling of the game. One of them turned out to be a regular.

None. Ive got a mate who watches videos all the time, then rings me and tells me about how much he loves it.

But he is a console peasant.

None.

I've had one install the demo.

But my sims fan friends have their own sims which they prefer and my shooter friends have their own style of shooters which they prefer.

Those of my friends who do enjoy ArmA, either already owned it or don't own the sort of hardware required to run it and only ever play it at my place.

same here, lack of hardware and more simplified tastes keep my friends away

only one person I played with since OFP has stayed through to Arma 2 and has good enough hardware (my good buddy, cave)

none, although my friend who i played pr with wants his pc is well, for pr.

Had 2 friends who actually bought CWC back then and more 3 when A1 was released here in magazines. A2 was to much for their machines. They all really enjoyed to play Coop and Evo\Domi types of missions, despite never been playing somekind of tactical\simulator of any kind before.

Also like to think that those types of topics at least put the game on people's map. (Ok, not so much updated by now but it worked back then :rolleyes: )

I must have convinced at least 8

my bro

3 of my mates

and 4 of me bros mates