Sign in to follow this  
instagoat

Petition for the Minor fixes with the Hinds... thingy

Hello BI

The Hinds are awesome, but they could be even more awesome with only a handful of tiny fixes. Also cool would be input of the community to see wether it´s just me, or wether these things really could need some improvement.

1: Dispersion on the guns: All guns in the Hinds have basically nonexistent dispersion. Considering these guns are mounted on an aircraft (which have pretty lightweight frames despite the Hinds reputation for being a flying "tank"), and not on concrete pillboxes or tanks, they should have some degree of dispersion. Especially barbette mounted guns are somewhat prone to this, the cheek mounted cannons not so much, but still. The dispersion of the unguided rockets could benefit from a slight increase too.

2: Add a proper collimating gunsight. OR completely remove the current one and replace it with a HUD overlay. That would be MUCH better than the lame, low-res, non-helpful painted-on-glass sight we have right now. All it does is obstruct the view. I mean really. I appeal to your ego here, is this really the best you could do? Get awesome, improve this! Also in light of arma 3 approaching, this issue is still in dire need of a fix. Also add appropriate overlays for different weapons (I think there are different reticules for using Bombs and Rockets, correct me if I´m wrong.)

3: Add crosshair overlays for the RTT screens in the super-hind. That´d be rad. Also maybe add a moving map screen for the regular Hinds, where it is supposed to be. There are tons of addons dating back as early as OFP (The DKMM Comanche had a functional map, I think), why not add something like this to your Chopperchoppers?

4: Chernarussian and Nogovan Hinds would be rad too.

Thumbs up, I love this so far. The most annoying thing is the gunsight, it´s a real killer. Next is the dispersion. Once these are adressed, you have the raddest of helicopters in the raddest of helicopter games by the raddest company on earth. (No srsly I like you, but can you pls fix this or something. I´ll promise to continue throwing my money at you where it´s available in the future if you do.)

Sincerely your loyalest customer denizen

Instagoat

+1

I really enjoy the flight model. Maybe a bit strange on peddles at hight speed.. Don't know. So I can fly, however I just can't fight with that beast. No way.. For the same reason that Instagoat just described.

The best way for you to petition for fixes would be to vote up the related issues on the community bug tracker.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30073

Made a ticket containing all points as a feature suggestion first. I hope this is what you meant, otherwise I´ll contact the devheaven staff and correct this.

Also it´d be cool if people who like this would vote on this, to show that there is demand.

Kind of pushing TOH towards combat sim, but the increase in realism and useabillity would make the helo just that much more fun. If you´re adding an attack helo, why not go all the way?

great suggestions.

I'd like to add - make gunner be able to do area fire - saturate area with rocker even if not exactly lined up. i recently had about 10 tanks to kill, no guided missiles, but about 128 rockets. on maual fire i know to just shoot shoot shoot to kill on dive but the bloody analretentive gunner will only shoot if the line up is exact and kept for a second or two. fuck that. would be better for him to saturate fire. be much more efficient and less frustration. that's somehting the AI in general could do with - willingness to shoot even if not exactly lined up. that how human opponents do it and what soemtimes makes BIS AI seem too deadly.

2nd - ability to have AI control YAK gun while i still get to fire rockets and missiles. not sure if HINDS in real life do this but would solve the frustrations of the above.

loving the game. fun. just my damn gunner needs more training and not to feel the accountant of every damn rocket.

Twisted. For that you just have to go mannual fire no..? Or maybe I don't understand what you mean.

You need to create one topic per issue, and make sure none of the topics you're bringing up duplicate other issues.

@hono. yes i know about manual fire, but i am talking about the AI GUNNER still being able to fire and control YAK machinegun while i control rockets/missiles.

@Max. I did not want to spam forum. will put on bugtracker place instead