Sign in to follow this  
stk2008

Server set up

Hi all well I finally got me server setup.

What an ass it was to its an Hp Proliant ML115 G5 and it dont support WIN XP/7 etc etc so looking for drivers was a sod managed to do it though :).

I need to ask something now I own all ARMA2 add ons EG PMC,BAF etc etc do I really need to install them on me dedi server? I will install ACE2 mod if that makes any diff?.

So can I just install ARMA2 and latest patch and be done with it :).

Thanks

BAF/PMC no

Great thanks I forgot to add OA to the list of installs :P.

Only things that need to be installed on your server, is missions that require files to play the missions,

so in other words you would need Arma2 or Arma2Co -(Arma2 plus OA) if you play that with latest patch preferable by most (only assuming here).

And for the mods as I said if you build a mission or have a mission that requires files then you will need the mod.

However for example mods that effect game play in terms of explosions, fire effects, animation, basically game play mods, not units, vehicles and the like,

you dont need on the server, as you will see the effect of those addons and mods ingame through client, which is you or another player connecting.

Great info thanks gunter.

I have ACE 2 mod installed on server TBH thats the only mod I use really so thats on there.

The server is in my house so I have no issues with having to upload files to server remotely so installing any mods etc is not a problem at all.

Thanks for the help every one.

Your welcome.

Sounds like you got everything working for you then, any other questions, then BIS community is here for you, or at least those that reply :)

LOL thanks mate really appriciate it.

ARMA really does have a great communtity and best of all the BEST SIMULATOR ON THE PC.

Love ya BIS keep up the great work and really cant wait for ARMA3 you best believe you all ready have my money for that one in the bag.

Just to add to this?

Been along time since ive ran a dedi.

And no,it's not like riding a bike! lol

Just wondering the order of install?

D/loading arma2 and OA from sprocket to dedi.

What the proper order of install?

Install arma2 then OA then apply 1.60 patch?

Thanks

ck

Should be spot on, ck-claw (if you're on M$ server). Then start/run the game once to create config files, and start server.

You cannot run the installer in nix, so you have to upload the whole game folder to a nix server (whitout the .exe files)

Thanks for reply Overlord,i thought you'd saved me some time then,but game will not start as it's on a dedi in a data centre,no graphics card.

I will have to create the config files and chuck em on there.

Btw does firing up the server using the OA shortcut make it a Combined Ops server?

Cheers

ck

Thanks for reply Overlord,i thought you'd saved me some time then,but game will not start as it's on a dedi in a data centre,no graphics card.

I will have to create the config files and chuck em on there.

Btw does firing up the server using the OA shortcut make it a Combined Ops server?

Cheers

ck

Solution to your troubles maybe, considering you posted it worked for you 2 years back :)

Fook off Jeza :p

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

ok server is showing, i can connect,but shows waiting for host?

Me thinks it's a problem with defining the path to the 'profile name'

Does it work if you vote/log in as admin? Remember I had this issue once, but it got fixed by setting up default mission to load. But that was just temporary, gonna squeeze my short-term-memory for the correct solution.

Can I see your server.cfg pls :).

Hey chaps,

The server shows,i can connect and login into admin real quick!

But shows waiting for host? screen is black?

#monitor works.

Just worked out that if i type #missions then server then shows as normal? wierd!

@Haz server.cfg is copy & paste from Jman's Kelly's Hero's dedi guide.

I have this problem on my ArmA 1 server but it will goto the missions selection screen after a while so no need to login as admin, just wait a while :).

I have this problem on my ArmA 1 server but it will goto the missions selection screen after a while so no need to login as admin, just wait a while :).

Wtf -you still doing on arma1?? :butbut: lol? lol

how long we talking with the waiting??

Tbh never waited that long?

So atm i have 3 servers up and running, just filter RCB

I know it can be a pain in the ass, but i love this shit ,sorting out multi dedi servers! :yay:

when you type #missions and select it it works as you say so it sounds like you have no mission assigned to load as default.

I play all three and TOH. I say wait about 2 minutes :).

when you type #missions and select it it works as you say so it sounds like you have no mission assigned to load as default.

Never had to before? I still have a 10 slot game server that doesnt load any mission as default

I play all three and TOH. I say wait about 2 minutes :).

Tried this morning,wait 9+ mins -still no joy

Here is the command line:-

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 -name=default -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -profiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\server.armaprofile\Users\Administrator

---------- Post added at 08:23 ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 ----------

Got the fooking bastard!! :yay:

McSpeed you got me thinking,

I checked JMan's server cfg and it does indeed as standard call for a mission.

Never had this in a cfg i've used before.

I just un-commented it out and hey presto.

Thanks again chaps! :thanx:

Dedi on M$ or Nix? Version of server file?

Regarding my totally-failing-not-thrust-worthy-short-term-memory, I had this error when upgrading to 1.6. Final solution was proper server config filers, if I remember correctly.

In my case, I think it was error in config files, nothing to blame BIS or community for :P

I'm having trouble starting the dedicated server for arma2 oa and arma2.

I have two separate downloads which i have installed. 2 folders for each game within BIS folder

Do i need to move the arma2oa into the arma2 or vice versa and run one as a mod in order to get the combined?

thanks for your help