Sign in to follow this  
osmo

Helicopter Service

Everything you did looks right, except this:

Text translated by Google Translator

[Helipad_Service, "Marker_Service"] execVM "scripts \ OSMO_service \ OSMO_service_init.sqf";

If you had spaces there, it is wrong. It should be like this:

[Helipad_Service, "Marker_Service"] execVM "scripts\OSMO_service\OSMO_service_init.sqf";

Osmo,

For some reason the script did not work OSMO_Service here, so I decided to uninstall and reinstall TKOH.

After reinstalling the script worked perfectly.

I am a great admirer of your work and would like to acknowledge the help you gave me and also want to thank you for providing this material to the community of TKOH.

I will start to install the OSMO_Interaction and if I need help to tell you!

Thanks and a big hug from your friend,

Rickson Lima

Very cool script. I dont know i fi made something wrong but i can service heli only once. When i returned from 30min flight damaged and landed on linked helipad mechanics missing option for service. i can post mission if you need it.

What if i want to use in more than one helipad? how should it be setup ?

Very cool script. I dont know i fi made something wrong but i can service heli only once. When i returned from 30min flight damaged and landed on linked helipad mechanics missing option for service. i can post mission if you need it.

Hi! Sorry for replying so late. Did you manage to fix the problem, or does it still exist in that mission? If you can upload the mission somewhere, I'd be glad to take a look. The script checks things such as the altitude of the helicopter, and whether it is moving (if I remember correctly). Sometimes you have to wait for some 10 seconds for the game to recognize the chopper is no longer moving. If it still doesn't work, you might want to try and turn on engine on the chopper, take off (just 10 cm is enough), then land back down and engine off.

What if i want to use in more than one helipad? how should it be setup ?

Basically what you do when you want multiple service points, is to create two different helipads on the ground, and two different markers on the side (to the location where you want the service men to hang out when not working on chopper). After that you put two lines in your init.sqf:

[Helipad_name, "Marker_Name"] execVM "scripts\OSMO_service\OSMO_service_init.sqf";
[Helipad_name2, "Marker_Name2"] execVM "scripts\OSMO_service\OSMO_service_init.sqf";

The way this script is built, you should be able to make as many service points as you want, anywhere on the map.

Edited by Osmo

Thank you Osmo! I got a question does this support HIND? If not are you working on it? Thank you for this great script.

I got a question does this support HIND? If not are you working on it?

I haven't got Take On Hinds yet so I haven't included it. I'll buy Take On Hinds sooner or later and add it in..

Hello, I just saw your video, It was posted in a thread in the ARMA 3 Alpha section.. about vehicle repair points... I was wondering if this would work in Arma 3, so I am going to try it out. I know ill have to change some classnames. This looks, well, amazing!! I was hoping for something EXACTLY like this .. with the mechanics and all its just, Wow, Exactly what I wish i could script!!

EDIT:

Changed civilian classnames

Removed TOH only scripting for (addAction)

// some lines, to test a broken Icon( from TOH i assume)

changed classname of heli

So far the Civi's will walk to the heli, but they don't got to the proper positions to start the anims, and once the anim's ar initiated, the Civis Dissipiear underground. So thats just some setPos and anim's issues, and i am FULLY aware that this is not made for arma.. So i didnt expect anything, or rather i expected exactly what is happening. And after the first go they will not service or do any actions again. it only works once.

Im positive that with a little effort this will work perfectly in ARMA 3...

If there is any way, since this is your mastermind/brainchild, I could send you an Arma 3 alpha light invite threw steam?? and maybe get you to port this to Aram 3 ?

It would be SUPER!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by Lordprimate

Hey Lord, I guess you are referring my post which linked Osmo's terrific script. Just wanted you to know I am also ready to help to port this into ArmA 3. I sent a pm to Osmo but not sure if he got it.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm taking some break and haven't been active recently..

It should be possible to port these scripts to ArmA 3 as well, but needs some work (might need replacing animations, etc). The position for each repairman has to be manually configured for each vehicle class, which can be quite time consuming. I'm not sure if ArmA 3 has the hitpoints (for different parts of the vehicle), but most likely it does. I think ArmA 2 already had some hit points defined in some vehicles.

Once I return from the break, I plan to get ArmA 3 and might port some scripts (including the service).

Edited by Osmo

Hi Osmo - awesome service & interaction scripts, currently using them in a mission I am putting together. Can I ask, did you ever get around to picking up Hinds and adding those models? If not, how challenging would it be to add them? (Assuming a large part of it is placing where the maintenance staff walk to, and listing the correct parts to repair?)

Thanks.

Hi Osmo - awesome service & interaction scripts, currently using them in a mission I am putting together. Can I ask, did you ever get around to picking up Hinds and adding those models? If not, how challenging would it be to add them? (Assuming a large part of it is placing where the maintenance staff walk to, and listing the correct parts to repair?)

Thanks.

Hi Streff you know that Osmo is gone inactive for a long time

but in this message you tell that you have the file!

please can you reupload it for us cause the download link is dead

tanks

Hi Streff you know that Osmo is gone inactive for a long time

but in this message you tell that you have the file!

please can you reupload it for us cause the download link is dead

tanks

The beta7 version (the last one?) is included in this mission (first link, non-Hind version), just de-pbo and grab the OSMO_service folder.