Sign in to follow this  
fleepee

[COOP32-I44] Operation Goulash Bridge

Here's my first mission using the mod Invasion 44!

loadsc11.jpg

Situation:

1944, december 7th, 6h45 AM.

Landing operations continue.

German Panzer divisions converge now towards the north and the Ardennes.

The allied forces high command decided to set a pincer movement.

Your today's mission is the key of that operation: control Chef-du-Pont and its bridge, the only one still able to support the crossing by our tanks of the river blocking their path to the east.

Royal Air Force bombed the town, but the french resistance informed us that a german infantry battalion is entranched in the ruins, without armored support.

While aerial bombing, a drop of weapons and ammunitions for the resistance has been done.

Regroup at the resistance camp to meet the resistance leader and get equipment and intel.

Features and credits:

32 players slots: 24 british commandos and 8 french resistance fighters

As there is a lot of ennemy units well entranched in the ruins and houses of the town, in my opinion, a solid group of 6-12 players is needed to enjoy the mission…

You can play it with Ais, just don't forget to deactivate unwanted AI units as reinforcements are relative to the number of west units in game…

(And by the way, AIs have difficulties to move in town and cross the bridge...)

Revive scripts by Norrin

Remove dead scripts by Celery

Voices by Domokun, FleePee and… Winston Churchill!

"Partisans' Song" lyrics translation by Ebden [sparta]

Beta testers: Team OTEA

Requirements:

Arma2 OA patch 1.60

Mod Invasion 44 V2.60 + hotfix 2.61

CBA

Optionnal: RUG_DSAI (adds german voices)

Installation and download link:

Just put the PBO file into your MPMissions folder

news_donwload_oa_4.png

Operation Goulash Bridge V1

goulas12.jpg

Edited by fleepee

Yay more I44 missions...THANK YOU!!

Any feedback/suggestion on that one?

Hi Fleepee,

We actually haven't had a chance to try it yet but will do so... our i44 weekend is coming up soon.

Last night we played your mission and found that it was great fun even though there were only 4 of us.

Here are a couple of remarks:

- original intro but some of the paratroopers seem to drop to their death (parachutes do not appear to open)

- voice acting is good, but somewhat obscured by the partisans' song playing in the background

- welcome variety of opponents

- maybe too many objectives to be realistic

- the wreck of the B17 seems a little too close to a urban environment (surely the pilots would have tried to land in open fields, nearer or in the countryside)

Overall a great mission that provided us with 2 hours of excitement and pandemonium

I think the paradrop issue is an Arma problem as I've seen that before in other missions?

Last night we played your mission and found that it was great fun even though there were only 4 of us.

Here are a couple of remarks:

- original intro but some of the paratroopers seem to drop to their death (parachutes do not appear to open)

- voice acting is good, but somewhat obscured by the partisans' song playing in the background

- welcome variety of opponents

- maybe too many objectives to be realistic

- the wreck of the B17 seems a little too close to a urban environment (surely the pilots would have tried to land in open fields, nearer or in the countryside)

Overall a great mission that provided us with 2 hours of excitement and pandemonium

I thank you for the feedback!

Following your remarks:

- Are you sure some AI para died? (you can see the unconscious markers from the revive scripts). You should disable unwanted AI slots; I don't disable them to allow players to play the mission with AIs.

- I've allready lowered the volume of the partisans' song since the mission release.

- I do like long missions! Only 3 objectives in that one, but you're right, I could have split the mission in two, but I like it like this!

- I first added the B17 wreck as a possible cover place in that open field at town entrance... then 2 dead crew men for the look, and then, why shouldn't I add a secondary objective to search and rescue the other crew members?

;)

Thanks again, it's always great and helpfull to have some feedback!